Jake's Role

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

LeonardCohen

Reserve Grader
It's probably somewhat of an oversight due to the performance of Tom and Schu, but Jake's return to 'ball distributor' in jumper 13, had a huge bearing on our improved attack today. I've never been of the opinion that he just needs to run (something he does at prop), when you consider that he (a) lacks genuine leg speed and (b) has a really nice pass. 13 is perfect for Jake. Seibs mentioned in the press conference that Jake helped organise his teammates and provide a link in attack. We definitely attacked with more width today than in previous weeks. I noticed that Jake passed the ball to Schu for all three first half tries. He threw a crucial pass in Garrick's second half try and he linked with Chez for Tom's second half try. It looked much better than Aloiai's manufactured approach to the same role. Fingers crossed Jake is back to stay in jumper 13.

It's probably somewhat of an oversight due to the performance of Tom and Schu, but Jake's return to 'ball distributor' in jumper 13, had a huge bearing on our improved attack today. I've never been of the opinion that he just needs to run (something he does at prop), when you consider that he (a) lacks genuine leg speed and (b) has a really nice pass. 13 is perfect for Jake. Seibs mentioned in the press conference that Jake helped organise his teammates and provide a link in attack. We definitely attacked with more width today than in previous weeks. I noticed that Jake passed the ball to Schu for all three first half tries. He threw a crucial pass in Garrick's second half try and he linked with Chez for Tom's second half try. It looked much better than Aloiai's manufactured approach to the same role. Fingers crossed Jake is back to stay in jumper 13.
Jake has been doing this all year and it is crucial to our shape. Jake wearing the 10 and giving Aloiai the 13 meant SFA.

Jake has been doing this all year and it is crucial to our shape. Jake wearing the 10 and giving Aloiai the 13 meant SFA.
Politely disagree. He has been running slightly wider of the ruck, taking more hit-ups and barely passing the ball.

He passed the ball 26 times today, as opposed to 6 times against the Titans, 9 against Tigers and 8 against Storm. You get the idea.

He needs to be no.17...i.e. a short stint. He should not start, nor should he come on after 20 minutes in the first half. He should be the genuine reserve at best.
I think he should come on when Paseka finishes his first stint.

Paseka is miles ahead of him at present.

Jake to play 80 most matches, but I'd be taking him off the last 10 or 15 minutes of games where we are playing well defensively and have the match in hand. I know Des did that with Tom in the past but I think Jake is such an important piece for our success that he needs to be looked after so he stays fresh throughout the season.

Agree he has been running more but he has also been doing more distribution than Aloiai when they're both on the field.
But those passing stats I posted above highlight a marked difference in quantity…I thought today was the best and most comfortable looking contribution from Jake with the ball this season. There was a moment in the first half where he carried through the middle and had Tom off his right hip and he dummied…that’s a play I haven’t seen in a couple of seasons…I think the last time was in a semi final against the Chooks in 21…I love that sort of thing from Jake.

He may lack some speed nowadays but geez he could be our influential player.

But those passing stats I posted above highlight a marked difference in quantity…I thought today was the best and most comfortable looking contribution from Jake with the ball this season. There was a moment in the first half where he carried through the middle and had Tom off his right hip and he dummied…that’s a play I haven’t seen in a couple of seasons…I think the last time was in a semi final against the Chooks in 21…I love that sort of thing from Jake.

He may lack some speed nowadays but geez he could be our influential player.
When he looked inside and Tom was right there champing at the bit was almost my favourite moment of the game. It was the right choice to take the safe option and hold the ball but it gave me flashbacks to 2019.

Yea he went back to his vintage linkman, ball-playing lock role and you know what, after the prop experiment so far this season, I like this style better. It's worked for us in previous seasons. I think we gotta accept he is not that tackle breaking Payne Haas-type middle. He is an elite tackling machine and a great link passer. Let's just have him as that and work around it.

Yesterday was the closest we’ve looked to 2021. Our backline was at full strength and Jake back moving the ball was great. The stats @LeonardCohen pointed out above really show the difference. Jake needs to be in the 13 from here on. Josh to the bench.

He was the sole reason I changed my tip to Manly.

Jake T out for 6 weeks

Manly and NSW have been dealt a savage blow after scans revealed forward Jake Trbojevic will be sidelined for six weeks with a calf injury.
Trbojevic aggravated the calf in Manly’s big win over Canberra last Sunday.

The injury will ensure Trbojevic is unavailable for all three Origin games.

Trbojevic came back early from the calf injury against the Raiders to push his Origin claims. He was initially named in the NSW side for Wednesday week’s series opener in Adelaide but withdrew after he became aware of the severity of the injury.

Manly officials on Tuesday revealed he would now miss six weeks, a bitter setback for the Sea Eagles and the Blues.

Younger brother Ben Trbojevic is expected to be out for an extended period of time after scans confirmed a hamstring tear following the win over Canberra.

Jake T out for 6 weeks

Manly and NSW have been dealt a savage blow after scans revealed forward Jake Trbojevic will be sidelined for six weeks with a calf injury.

Trbojevic came back early from the calf injury against the Raiders to push his Origin claims. He was initially named in the NSW side for Wednesday week’s series opener in Adelaide but withdrew after he became aware of the severity of the injury.

Manly officials on Tuesday revealed he would now miss six weeks, a bitter setback for the Sea Eagles and the Blues.

Younger brother Ben Trbojevic is expected to be out for an extended period of time after scans confirmed a hamstring tear following the win over Canberra.
They have become the Tearbo Brothers.

Jake T out for 6 weeks

Not good. We looked very soft defensively through the middle while he was out. I actually think we miss Jake more than Tom when he is out.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4