Jake T: Honoured by award naming.

globaleagle

Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/2017/06/16/grassroots_promise_b.html

The Manly Warringah Sea Eagles held their annual Junior Representative Awards last night at Club 47, Lottoland.

In recognition of Jakes outstanding career from a local junior through to representing state and country the inaugural junior representative player of the year award has been named in his honour.

“It is a privilege and an honour to have this trophy named after me and I am proud to be a Manly junior.

In a fitting end to the evenings proceedings Jake presented the inaugural Jake Trbojevic Junior Representative Player of the Year Award to Harold Matthews captain Joshua Schuster.

grassroots_promise_b.img.1497589088690.png.jpg

Read more: http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/2017/06/16/grassroots_promise_b.html

Great stuff! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Waits for Jake to be released by club........

Seriously though great honour for him, and the youngling.

*bump*

Just in case people want to take a break from the toxic thread and bring a bit of warmth and joy into their lives and feel good about one of our own.

Jake seems to be one exceptional young man and it's a satisfying thing that other people recognise him with this honour.

But, each to their own y'all! Keep fighting the good fight.

#paragraphsrule

tumblr_nliwymyovo1rlo1q2o1_500.jpg

This is a two edged sword so to speak, it celebrates localism and ties both boys to the club indefinately.

Schuster seems like a big lump of a lad, too - he's bigger than Jake!
And somewhat of a football family pedigree too, might be one to watch for the future.

Clever to entrench Jake in the club culture like this, he's already a Test and SOO rep and he's not going anywhere.

Jake could be the best thing to happen to rugby league, not just Manly, in years. A machine on the field and an absolute gentleman off it. A very special player with rare qualities in this era.
Absolutely, and no doubt his name on the award will mean a lot to the junior stars coming through.

Younger brother of Peter Schuster, both Manly recruits scouted by the foultons. Club legend Michael Oconnor was the one who pushed Peter Schuster signing...obviously sees the talent and potential. Peter has a union background though, so i think he has had the task of having to prove his transition much harder than others coming through. But from what ive seen both are fantastic...would like to see Peter have more opportunity though...that blacktown team his holding him back. His younger brother tipped for stardom already.

Younger brother of Peter Schuster, both Manly recruits scouted by the foultons. Club legend Michael Oconnor was the one who pushed Peter Schuster signing...obviously sees the talent and potential. Peter has a union background though, so i think he has had the task of having to prove his transition much harder than others coming through. But from what ive seen both are fantastic...would like to see Peter have more opportunity though...that blacktown team his holding him back. His younger brother tipped for stardom already.

Rhyce, your new so a friendly heads up.

I am firmly in the camp of those that don't give a fuk about spelling or punctuation ... the contend has always seemed more important to me.

However, that said, we have numerous members that daily scan all posts, eager to correct and admonish the slightest transgression. We even have one hairy lunatic @globaleagle that insists on paragraphs ....

Rhyce, your new so a friendly heads up.

I am firmly in the camp of those that don't give a fuk about spelling or punctuation ... the contend has always seemed more important to me.

However, that said, we have numerous members that daily scan all posts, eager to correct and admonish the slightest transgression. We even have one hairy lunatic @globaleagle that insists on paragraphs ....

"content"

:rofl::angel::angel::angel:

Played in the U16 SOO and was one of the best out there.

Has great hands and is strong, also looks a footballer. A few years to go yet though.

lol to be honest mate, I’ve always watched the threads but never been a member. I finally made an account and i have no idea how things really work. Im trying to navigate myself around the page…but i seem to only find older threads? It’s a bit overwhelming.

Thanks for the heads up; I will try and encourage better spelling and punctuation on my behalf. haha

Played in the U16 SOO and was one of the best out there.

Has great hands and is strong, also looks a footballer. A few years to go yet though.

Oh yeah, still too young to know for sure. We're talking about an under 16s comp. He at an advantage now...but the real competition begins when the other boys catch up size wise and perhaps even skill wise. Heres hoping he doesn't lose it and remains on the path to greatness.

Then again I recall people saying the same about Jake and he remained. So we will see.

Great honour for Jake and well deserved, and it would be very pleasing if Manly can further develop and hang onto the club"s current group of promising juniors. Just in regard to Joshua Schuster"s brother , Peter , he is apparently one of the quickest or the fastest player over 40 meters in the playing squad. Also looks a solid player , maybe he should be given an opportunity if the first grade outside back"s playing stocks get any thinner in future fixture weeks . Seemed to go well in the nine"s in N Z .

Great honour for Jake and well deserved, and it would be very pleasing if Manly can further develop and hang onto the club"s current group of promising juniors. Just in regard to Joshua Schuster"s brother , Peter , he is apparently one of the quickest or the fastest player over 40 meters in the playing squad. Also looks a solid player , maybe he should be given an opportunity if the first grade outside back"s playing stocks get any thinner in future fixture weeks . Seemed to go well in the nine"s in N Z .

I agree with you on that. Ive been a fan of his. I watched him all through his juniours in union then when he had two years with the 7s squad. He's a natural and his transition into league last year was pretty smooth considering he hadn't played a game of it since he was 8 years old. I think thats a good indicator of a talented individual. I think he gets overlooked though...perhaps lack of experience. I also know that the blacktown team is doing terrible so for a winger if you're not getting opportunity to shine or showcase your ability you're going to end up being hidden away. Hope it turns around for him...i reckonm he'd be a star for Manly and potential in the entire NRL. hidden gem so to speak

Team P W L PD Pts
2 2 0 36 4
2 2 0 26 4
2 2 0 23 4
2 2 0 19 4
2 2 0 12 4
2 1 1 13 2
2 1 1 10 2
2 1 1 3 2
2 1 1 0 2
2 1 1 0 2
2 1 1 -14 2