Jake sin-binning

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Like everything with the NRL, it's all turned to ****.
This whole sin bin thing started as a deterrent to teams deliberately giving away penalties inside their own 20. Not a bad idea as it was a problem.
But, of course, with the way the NRL is and our amateur can't think for themselves referees, it's now turned into any penalties in succession get the warning and we end up with players in the bin for general play infringements anywhere on the field.

There's so many things about this sport that just don't make sense these days. I find myself shaking my head in disbelief in every game i watch. Common sense has totally left the sport.

Manly had 5 or so penalties defending their try line on Saturday night....like most games these new rapid fire calls at times seem odd, but part of today's game so can cop that sweet.

5-6 minutes later in the Storm's half, Jake gives away a penalty for holding back a player without the ball (fair penalty 100%)

My confusion is -

1) This was a completely different offence compared to earlier penalties for holding down/offside ect....was under the impression it was for repeated infringements of similar nature.

2) There were several sets of back and forth, so was the next penalty even..... say 25 minutes later, would he have been binned?? Is there a time limit in between or after a warning is the next offender even 1 hour later for a different infringement to the bin??

3) Walker binned for sledging??
As a fan and player of Rugby League for over 30 years, it has always been a part of the sport.
Some like it, some don't - but the only words I feel lead to a sin bin are directed at the referee....is this a new ruling or did I miss it being added to sin bin offences ??
The sin bin concept was flawed from the outset in my view because it cannot and never will be fairly governed. As heretical as it might sound, I actually prefer professional fouls and even a glut penalties to the opposing side on their line over this current nonsense. If we MUST have it ... five minutes or less please. Ten minutes for an often minor indiscretion is way out of proportion to the crime committed. We even had the embarrassing, ludicrous even Monty Python-like spectacle of a player being sinbinned for sledging whilst nursing wounds from a vicious physical assault ... please explain!

You're kidding right? So, once the warning was given, the next penalty against manly would require a player being sent to the bin? Is that the rule now? Once a warning is given, teams must remain perfect for the rest of the game or lose a player?
Terry, I think you have misunderstood my post.

No way should Jake have been sin binned for what he did. A player should be sin binned for repeated similar indiscretions which occur close in time (but when does this time elapse??) to the previous indiscretions.

Too often referees will make veiled threats and never go through with what they say but at least this time Perenara did what he said he would do. Perenara should not have said that the next player should go to the bin. It was wrong of him to do this and what he should have done was give them a warning that the next player that does something similar will be binned.

I'm waiting for the lols when a team on a "next infringement" warning gets a player binned for an infringement whilst in possession. ( shepherd, incorrect play the ball, etc)

It will happen eventually, the way we are heading.

The penalty that resulted in the warning was questionable at best. Watching the replay I'm not certain Walker was offside, but not sure who made the call because Perenara wasn't even watching Walker
In recent weeks Walker has been pinged for being offside close to the tryline so I wasn't surprised he was called for it again against the Storm. So either all the refs have it in for him or he moves up too early trying to the stop the attackers. This is one area of his game that he needs to fix up.

He needs to be taking defensive boxing classes before he worries about his off the defensive line speed, for his own sake

As a suggestion, the refs could link it to a number of defensive sets. E.g. once the warning is given, if a player is penalised during any of the next 5 defensive sets, they go to the bin. I don’t know whether 5 sets is the right number (probably too many), but at least there is no doubt about how long the “final warning” lasts and when the slate is wiped clean.

I think you will find Jake was binned for a professional foul as he tackled the storm player without the ball although the final warning given earlier didn't help.

The concern I have is how much time needs to elapse when a final warning is given before the slate is wiped clean?

As for Perenara, he was my daughter's PE teacher in high school and she told me he is a big dick who thinks the sun shines out of his arsehole and it shows of the footy field.

I think you will find Jake was binned for a professional foul as he tackled the storm player without the ball although the final warning given earlier didn't help.

The concern I have is how much time needs to elapse when a final warning is given before the slate is wiped clean?

As for Perenara, he was my daughter's PE teacher in high school and she told me he is a big dick who thinks the sun shines out of his arsehole and it shows of the footy field.
Well he is appropriately named then isn't he ? as we all know a Perineum is halfway between those two aforementioned parts of the anatomy

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8