Jake Arthur

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Manly have produced a surprise mid-season signing by securing Eels halfback Jake Arthur.

Arthur will link Manly with on Monday for his first training session after requesting an immediate release from Parramatta.

Arthur, who has been stuck behind star halfback Mitchell Moses at Parramatta, had been linked with a move away from the Eels earlier this month.

Ok, wtf. This was unexpected.
Does that make sense? Now he is stuck behind star halfback DCE …. What the difference?

Official:

Attachments

• 1684733420838.png
    1684733420838.png
    215.6 KB · Views: 62
If he can make his tackles he's a better option that Johns who is a major liability. Has a decent boot on him too.
I reckon that's a bit harsh. He's a decent defender for his size. Try saving tackle on our line the other day VS the Sharks. I think it's his attack which is a bit impotent. But he tries hard - which is more than I can say for a few of them over the last 3-4 weeks - not including this raiders game.

From the SMH:

Jake Arthur in line for immediate Sea Eagles debut as clash with dad beckons​

Adam Pengilly

By Adam Pengilly

May 22, 2023 — 3.28pm

Jake Arthur is expected to be named in Manly’s side to play the Knights this weekend after leaving Parramatta to join their arch rivals on an 18-month contract.

Arthur, who has been blocked behind Mitchell Moses and Dylan Brown in the Eels’ pecking order, discussed a move with his father and Parramatta coach Brad, who could be plotting a win against Jake as early as next month.

Brad Fittler reveals his squad for State of Origin I and explains why he had to make some big calls.

Manly coach Anthony Seibold is expected to name the 20-year-old for the clash against Newcastle on Sunday with the Sea Eagles poised to be without State of Origin stars Tom Trbojevic and Daly Cherry-Evans.

Arthur will provide cover for Cherry-Evans during the Origin period and handle Manly’s halves responsibility alongside Josh Schuster and Cooper Johns.

While Manly had been on the lookout for a utility player to help them for the rest of the season – they had registered an interest in Bulldogs playmaker Kyle Flanagan – they’ve also offered Arthur a deal for 2024, giving him the chance to establish himself a regular NRL player.

Arthur scored in last year’s grand final defeat against the Panthers and has played 22 NRL games for the Eels, having been handed a debut by his dad during Magic Round in 2021.
Jake Arthur will join the Sea Eagles in an immediate switch from the Eels.

Jake Arthur will join the Sea Eagles in an immediate switch from the Eels.CREDIT: GETTY

The Sea Eagles are expected to confirm Arthur’s signing before Seibold announces his team on Tuesday afternoon for the trip to Newcastle.

Arthur has handled criticism from sections of Parramatta’s supporter base with class, and recognised his chance of securing his long-term future would be away from the Eels, who have recently handed long-term contracts to Moses and Brown.

Moses officially signed a five-year deal last week, with player options in his favour for the final two years, while Brown could be tied to the Eels until 2031, the longest contract offered to an active player, if he takes up certain options.

Arthur has made only one appearance for the Eels in the NRL this season, deputising for Moses at halfback in their round 11 loss to the Raiders in Canberra.

The Sea Eagles and Eels are due to meet at CommBank Stadium on June 17, a match in which Cherry-Evans will miss given he will be on Origin duty.

It could see a father coaching against his son, reminiscent of when Ivan Cleary prepared the Tigers against son Nathan’s Panthers.

could be a handy option as a 9 as well
has he played 9 ? be great if he has .Every time I have seen him he has had a pretty good kicking and passing game and is solid in defence ,I dont want it to cost us Humphreys but I think thats not a bad pickup ,how long did we sign him for ? Certainly a considerable upgrade on Johns I think.
Also all he has to do is tackle hard and get good quick straight ball to Oka on the right and the Schu on the left and follow thru, and he will be fine

From the SMH:

Jake Arthur in line for immediate Sea Eagles debut as clash with dad beckons​

Adam Pengilly

By Adam Pengilly

May 22, 2023 — 3.28pm

Jake Arthur is expected to be named in Manly’s side to play the Knights this weekend after leaving Parramatta to join their arch rivals on an 18-month contract.

Arthur, who has been blocked behind Mitchell Moses and Dylan Brown in the Eels’ pecking order, discussed a move with his father and Parramatta coach Brad, who could be plotting a win against Jake as early as next month.

Brad Fittler reveals his squad for State of Origin I and explains why he had to make some big calls.

Manly coach Anthony Seibold is expected to name the 20-year-old for the clash against Newcastle on Sunday with the Sea Eagles poised to be without State of Origin stars Tom Trbojevic and Daly Cherry-Evans.

Arthur will provide cover for Cherry-Evans during the Origin period and handle Manly’s halves responsibility alongside Josh Schuster and Cooper Johns.

While Manly had been on the lookout for a utility player to help them for the rest of the season – they had registered an interest in Bulldogs playmaker Kyle Flanagan – they’ve also offered Arthur a deal for 2024, giving him the chance to establish himself a regular NRL player.

Arthur scored in last year’s grand final defeat against the Panthers and has played 22 NRL games for the Eels, having been handed a debut by his dad during Magic Round in 2021.
Jake Arthur will join the Sea Eagles in an immediate switch from the Eels.

Jake Arthur will join the Sea Eagles in an immediate switch from the Eels.CREDIT: GETTY

The Sea Eagles are expected to confirm Arthur’s signing before Seibold announces his team on Tuesday afternoon for the trip to Newcastle.

Arthur has handled criticism from sections of Parramatta’s supporter base with class, and recognised his chance of securing his long-term future would be away from the Eels, who have recently handed long-term contracts to Moses and Brown.

Moses officially signed a five-year deal last week, with player options in his favour for the final two years, while Brown could be tied to the Eels until 2031, the longest contract offered to an active player, if he takes up certain options.

Arthur has made only one appearance for the Eels in the NRL this season, deputising for Moses at halfback in their round 11 loss to the Raiders in Canberra.

The Sea Eagles and Eels are due to meet at CommBank Stadium on June 17, a match in which Cherry-Evans will miss given he will be on Origin duty.

It could see a father coaching against his son, reminiscent of when Ivan Cleary prepared the Tigers against son Nathan’s Panthers.
Hang on - they've signed Moses and Brown for the best part of 8 years, and no doubt ramping up to payments of ~$1m each.....

Yet some people think we've thrown too much money at DCE and Jake?

Far out - the eels never fail to disappoint, do they. Basket case of a club.

Welcome Jake Arthur. I reckon you'll be a great addition to the squad.

Does that make sense? Now he is stuck behind star halfback DCE …. What the difference?
DCE plays origin and Moses doesn't so there is a few opportunities there but I think it's probably more to do with getting out of a toxic environment and leaving his dads shadow. At Parra he has been tarred with the 'only gets a gig because daddy is the coach' brush. Hopefully he can be judged by what he does on the field and leave that baggage behind.

Why are we stockpiling Halves? Humphries, Fainu and Schuster are the future so why Arthur & Johns? Its backup centres and Forwards we need.

Why can’t people understand the current situation with signings?Arthur has only been signed til end of ‘24 and is basically a back up and is needed now,with DCE out over Origin.He’s a better option than Johns,who won’t be re-signed after this year.There’s also the fragility of Schuster.The club is in the process of assessing their squad and a few players,that many call deadwood,won’t be re-signed.The club are not going to sign a top level halfback to come to the club to play backup to DCE.As for Humphreys and Fainu,the club obviously think they’re not ready for FG and if they are,Arthur is not holding them back.If they’re good enough,they’ll get a run.The club have made it clear they were looking to fill the 30th spot in the squad with someone ready to go and it was obvious that the halves needed depth

Not sure how much he is costing but hey by the time DCE retires Jake wont have reached his peak!!! Someone that can play 6,7,13 & 9 and kicks, wow. Not a bad bench player for a few years.
According to his playing history he has never played 13&9.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8