Jake Arthur

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I’d name him instead of John’s

I had high hopes for Cooper but I can see why Melbourne let him go.

John’s at 7 will be a disaster.
Showed sone promise in the trials and ok in rd 1, but since then he’s been nothing short of a disaster. I think I’ve seen him make one decent tackle. Total turnstile and has been targeted by teams in that area.

Showed sone promise in the trials and ok in rd 1, but since then he’s been nothing short of a disaster. I think I’ve seen him make one decent tackle. Total turnstile and has been targeted by teams in that area.
Yeah looked pretty good in the trials.

But has well and truly been targeted since !!

Croker's a 7..... Just saying if we can slot someone in at hooker.
How do you figure?

Was a 5/8 coming through and in first grade has played 15 games at 5/8, approx 20 from the bench and and the other 60 odd at hooker.

Actually to be fair he did play a total of 9 reserve grade games as a halfback.

6 also as fullback.....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230527_105911_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230527_105911_Chrome.jpg
    288.7 KB · Views: 15
Yeah looked pretty good in the trials.

But has well and truly been targeted since !!
Craig Bellamy is super high to prioritise defence, maybe more so than any coach in the NRL and when Storm let 1 go so easily without a fight, defence is the first place you look.
Hate to say it, but Storm also had another youngster with much promise, who looked great in Storm junior ranks except had some poor efforts defensively and they let go to Tigers "For opportunity"
His name Tuilagi

Seibold confirms Jake will make his Manly debut tomorrow from the bench.
(He wasn't asked who would drop out, maybe depends whether Lawton can play? )

Anway, congratulations Jake, play well!
I like players that poses that Special S quality that can make a difference
The Special S qualities are Speed, Skill, and Strength /Power play
I have been impressed with Jakes Skill set quality and I think he can make a difference
Like Speed Skill Kills as well
Lets hope Jake Kills it on debut

Hate to say it, but Storm also had another youngster with much promise, who looked great in Storm junior ranks except had some poor efforts defensively and they let go to Tigers "For opportunity"
His name Tuilagi
Perspective time .....

The Good news is that unlike the supernatural qualities of God given DNA natural speed and skill
Defence can be enhanced .

At present Tuilagi on our Manly Sea eagles player profile has a 88.6 % tackle Efficiency
Brad Parker has 85.8% tackle efficiency

Compare him to the other 9s in the NRL , including the new 9s coming through and you have your answer.
And not to sound harsh, but he wouldn't make the bench on any other team.
You are not harsh at all feathered friend . You are realistic

I am from the South and I was inspired by the Great players and teams of the Northern Beaches and became a Many supporter because the Battling Newtown team in my area had Battlers like the Parkers and the Crokers did not Inspire me .

I have been super spoilt and super inspired by Manlys super stars of premiership Winning Success

Manly Stands for Magnificence
Lower our Legendary Clubs Great standards and we stand for Nothing Great
Source: News Limited

You are not harsh at all feathered friend . You are realistic

I am from the South and I was inspired by the Great players and teams of the Northern Beaches and became a Many supporter because the Battling Newtown team in my area had Battlers like the Parkers and the Crokers did not Inspire me .

I have been super spoilt and super inspired by Manlys super stars of premiership Winning Success

Manly Stands for Magnificence
Lower our Legendary Clubs Great standards and we stand for Nothing Great
Source: News Limited
Croker reminds me very much of Owen Cunningham.
The only difference being that OJ was not given responsibilities above his capabilities.
OJ and Croker have the similarity that they tackled the house down and worked hard.
OJ had an illustrious career doing what is his bread and butter. People mistake limitations with effort.

Croker reminds me very much of Owen Cunningham.
The only difference being that OJ was not given responsibilities above his capabilities.
OJ and Croker have the similarity that they tackled the house down and worked hard.
OJ had an illustrious career doing what is his bread and butter. People mistake limitations with effort.
Limitations is your key word here feathered friend
Certain players have their limits and can only take you so far
And each year all clubs try and rise above their limitations and revamp their playing roster

Certain players have their limits can only take you so far
And each year all clubs try and rise above their limitations and revamp their playing roster
If you look back at 1996, The Great Bozo (May he RIP) brought in Jimmy Serdaris as the hooker, knowing that Matt Dunford, David O'Donnell and even his own son Scott werent suffice to win a premiership after going runners up the year before.
Look at the few years before 2008, we had Chad Randall / Monas, before Des realized Ballin was the one. There was no fear to tinker with the 9, whereas its been an almost unthinkable prospect for a few years now.

Certain players have their limits can only take you so far

Issue I think Soaring Eagle is making is what I've been on about for ages. He's in the wrong position. He's not a hooker. He's not clever enough for a halves positions. He is ideal, I believe, like Cunningham, for lock

If you look back at 1996, The Great Bozo (May he RIP) brought in Jimmy Serdaris as the hooker, knowing that Matt Dunford, David O'Donnell and even his own son Scott werent suffice to win a premiership after going runners up the year before.
Absolutely !
For those that make ecxuses about salary cap restrictions
Clever club Pathway systems have unearthed unheard of Great players like Cam Smith Munster , Haumole , and Shuster

No excuse for Persisting with Inferior players in your roster as your Club will never become Superior

Lower our Legendary clubs Great Standards and we Stand for Nothing Great
1973 grand final rewind: Manly Sea Eagles v Cronulla Sharks | NRL.com

Issue I think Soaring Eagle is making is what I've been on about for ages. He's in the wrong position. He's not a hooker. He's not clever enough for a halves positions. He is ideal, I believe, like Cunningham, for lock
He is not dynamic enough to match the other dynamic match winning Benchmark locks

Penrith have Issah Yeo for example . He is one of the Benchmark locks that we must rise up to

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4