Jake Arthur

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
This from 7 days ago..

Parramatta supporters have abused stand-in halfback Jake Arthur outside his own sheds - prompting a heartbreaking response from the star when a fan asked for his autograph.

Arthur, the 20-year-old son of Eels coach Brad, was thrust into the hot seat vacated by concussed superstar halfback Mitch Moses against the Canberra Raiders on Saturday night.

Unfortunately, the young NRL half was unable to steer his side to victory, with one fan sharing how irate Parramatta fans were as they waited for Arthur outside the team dressing room.

'After the game last night we went down to see the players. As they came out they were happy to give their time to sign stuff and take pics,' the fan posted in an Eels supporter group on Facebook.

'There was a group of dead set f-wits there when they saw Jakob come out they started bagging him pretty hard.

'I couldn't help but to tell them to pull their heads in, the gutless wonders mumbled something under their breaths and squirmed off.'

What happened next illustrated the shattering effect abuse from fans has had on the young Parramatta playmaker.

'A friend of mine then asked him [Arthur] for an autograph which he responded 'are you sure?'.

'That had to be one of the most heartbreaking things I have ever seen, a young bloke trying his best and for a team he loves and being hammered by his own supporters.'

It comes after Jakob revealed he has copped abuse from Eels fans almost everywhere he has played over their claims nepotism is the only reason he is in the team.

He was hammered in Brisbane on his debut during Magic Round in 2021 in a game the Eels won 34-18 over the Warriors, and again after a heavy loss to the Cowboys in Darwin last year.

Arthur admitted he had to shut down his social media accounts because of the attacks.

'I don't read any of it, and I've been off social media since the start of the year,' he said late last year.

'I still have the contact with my mates, I just don't read any of the footy stuff.

'The whole time I was warming up on the sideline the other night [against the Broncos] I was getting sprayed.

'There was nothing I could do about it. And it didn't really bother me. I tried to take it as a challenge and enjoy that extra pressure instead of shying away from it. I was taught at a young age to not respond.

'From a social media [perspective] I cop it for me and Dad because he doesn't have any [accounts].'

Parramatta supporters are now standing up to defend the under-siege half and calling for other fans to leave him alone.

'Who do they think they are? And what makes them so good that they are entitled to bag Jake? By all accounts he seems to be a respectful, polite, genuine young man who is out there doing his best,' one fan posted.

'He never stops trying his best. Sadly a lot of so-called supporters never stop bagging players , they say bring our young player through the system ,then bag them if they get any game time,' added another.

Arthur senior was happy to let the media know he was angry after the game - but not about the treatment his son received.

'It's very hard to come down here to Canberra especially when you get a 10-3 penalty count against you,' he said.

'We contributed to a few things, not getting enough kicks in and good ball, especially in the second half.

'I don't know what more I can say to the boys, I thought they were stiff.'

Bloke has been through the ringer. Let's give him a chance and not lower ourselves to the atrocious standards of the fans from the revolting Club he's leaving.

This from 7 days ago..

Parramatta supporters have abused stand-in halfback Jake Arthur outside his own sheds - prompting a heartbreaking response from the star when a fan asked for his autograph.

Arthur, the 20-year-old son of Eels coach Brad, was thrust into the hot seat vacated by concussed superstar halfback Mitch Moses against the Canberra Raiders on Saturday night.

Unfortunately, the young NRL half was unable to steer his side to victory, with one fan sharing how irate Parramatta fans were as they waited for Arthur outside the team dressing room.

'After the game last night we went down to see the players. As they came out they were happy to give their time to sign stuff and take pics,' the fan posted in an Eels supporter group on Facebook.

'There was a group of dead set f-wits there when they saw Jakob come out they started bagging him pretty hard.

'I couldn't help but to tell them to pull their heads in, the gutless wonders mumbled something under their breaths and squirmed off.'

What happened next illustrated the shattering effect abuse from fans has had on the young Parramatta playmaker.

'A friend of mine then asked him [Arthur] for an autograph which he responded 'are you sure?'.

'That had to be one of the most heartbreaking things I have ever seen, a young bloke trying his best and for a team he loves and being hammered by his own supporters.'

It comes after Jakob revealed he has copped abuse from Eels fans almost everywhere he has played over their claims nepotism is the only reason he is in the team.

He was hammered in Brisbane on his debut during Magic Round in 2021 in a game the Eels won 34-18 over the Warriors, and again after a heavy loss to the Cowboys in Darwin last year.

Arthur admitted he had to shut down his social media accounts because of the attacks.

'I don't read any of it, and I've been off social media since the start of the year,' he said late last year.

'I still have the contact with my mates, I just don't read any of the footy stuff.

'The whole time I was warming up on the sideline the other night [against the Broncos] I was getting sprayed.

'There was nothing I could do about it. And it didn't really bother me. I tried to take it as a challenge and enjoy that extra pressure instead of shying away from it. I was taught at a young age to not respond.

'From a social media [perspective] I cop it for me and Dad because he doesn't have any [accounts].'

Parramatta supporters are now standing up to defend the under-siege half and calling for other fans to leave him alone.

'Who do they think they are? And what makes them so good that they are entitled to bag Jake? By all accounts he seems to be a respectful, polite, genuine young man who is out there doing his best,' one fan posted.

'He never stops trying his best. Sadly a lot of so-called supporters never stop bagging players , they say bring our young player through the system ,then bag them if they get any game time,' added another.

Arthur senior was happy to let the media know he was angry after the game - but not about the treatment his son received.

'It's very hard to come down here to Canberra especially when you get a 10-3 penalty count against you,' he said.

'We contributed to a few things, not getting enough kicks in and good ball, especially in the second half.

'I don't know what more I can say to the boys, I thought they were stiff.'

Bloke has been through the ringer. Let's give him a chance and not lower ourselves to the atrocious standards of the fans from the revolting Club he's leaving.

Sounds like Tootsie is also a parra supporter.

Kid needed to get out of Parra....I think there is a player there, not sure he has the highest ceiling though.

Hope its this season with a option in our favour.

Def a better option then Johns.

As for Humphries, if he can't beat out Arthur or Johns then he isn't ready.

He has always looked good when I've seen him but never really stood out.

I don’t think people should panic about humphreys. We need to take our time with these players. We saw how weekes struggled when he came into 1st grade. Just because you’re doing pretty well in reserve grade doesn’t necessarily translate to the same form in 1st grade. Same goes with Gordon. We need trust the development staff know what they’re doing.

Agreed. We see to prefer buying players who can't crack their teams 17.
Why?
There's no reasoning behind bringing players through our 'system', then denying them a chance to shine in the top grade. Why have a 'system' at all? May as well just follow the Rorters blueprint, oh wait, our owner doesn't want to purchase top grade players, and probably doesn't play golf. .

I guess the thinking re Humphries could be that he needs the full season in reserve grade rather than throwing him into firsts

If you look at how Gordi, Fainu and others have been treated it seems like we have some sort of plan in how the kids are brought into first grade

I guess the thinking re Humphries could be that he needs the full season in reserve grade rather than throwing him into firsts

If you look at how Gordi, Fainu and others have been treated it seems like we have some sort of plan in how the kids are brought into first grade
Sounds reasonable. We (me) can get a bit antsy about losing young players we've been "developing", only to lose them coz we've brought in stop gap players. Feledy is one that keeps sticking in my head ..... even though he hasn't produced yet at the Tigers. Lets hope the young blokes knuckle down and keep progressing.

Not sure he’ll be a great signing for us, but I’m glad to see the poor kid get away from those rabid Parra fans. I know we have an element of our own fans who bag our players, but I’m pretty sure Parra fans take it to another level. I’ll never forget them throwing coins at Jamie Lyon when Manly played Parra years ago. That element of their supporter base is one of the main reasons I really enjoy seeing them lose.

Usually I'd be against a signing like this but after watching Johns play this year anything is an improvement. And from what I saw Arthur really did have a decent game when they played Canberra a couple weeks back. Hopefully being away from daddy and that rabid fanbase will take some pressure off him and we can actually get behind him unlike the dirty Eels supporters

Sounds reasonable. We (me) can get a bit antsy about losing young players we've been "developing", only to lose them coz we've brought in stop gap players. Feledy is one that keeps sticking in my head ..... even though he hasn't produced yet at the Tigers. Lets hope the young blokes knuckle down and keep progressing.
It is such a gamble where, to be honest, i think more clubs get it wrong than right

How many players burst onto the scene (especially halves) and then drop out of first grade? There are so few examples of young halves having consistent success

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2