Jaiden Tarrant

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

simon_eagle

Reserve Grader
I think this highlights package was put together by this management. Does anyone know much about this kid?

Anyone seen him play?

He's a Newcastle junior apparently and is contracted until the end of 2018. He's got got leg power.

Yeah, have seen him in a few games and looks very promising. Similar in action of Lane, he would need to bulk up for NRL, he'd get smashed. He's tall and as you said has leg strength. He'll be playing NRL within 2 years for some club. Think in higher grades more likely a 2nd rower.

I think he is a definite keeper .... from the games that I've seen him play, he has a high work rate, a bit of pace and a low mistake rate

I like his offloads. He passes to a player and not just out the back to anyone like we see so often in the NRL. Looks to have a lot of strength in defence and hitting it up. Could be a lot like Lane in the middle.

Has impressed in the games ive seen as well. Tarrant is a former NSW U16 and U18 pathways squad member, decent size with a high workrate and is as tough as they come. Was outstanding last year in the NYC U20 champion team and was the leader and enforcer of the pack. Got some minutes in the pre season NRL trial against Cronulla but injuries have derailed his 2018 season.

Big motor and 1 of the key players in Manly’s recent juniors success
Reliable tough front rower with an offload, not the dynamic type in games I seen, but a player his team mates would probably pick in the top 3 to take the field with them each game....honest player.

It is a virtual impossibility to make NRL first grade for heart and soul type players. So so many seriously excellent players miss out.

Luck is paramount for everyone other than the Turbo, Ponga, Latrell types.

I was surprised as well. Better player than that.

From what i hear he is just another country kid who was constantly homesick, struggled to adapt to city life, lost motivation for footy and returned home to work.

He was a South Newcastle junior. They have a very good coaching staff of Ben Cross (Now Broncs assistant), Andrew "Bobcat" Ryan and Micheal Hagan who have managed to get him to resume playing fro 2019. The Newcastle club comp is the equivalent of the Ron Massey cup and offers good coin. Quite a few ex NRL, NSW Cup and U20's running around.

Wasnt NRL ready yet and needed a year or two in NSW Cup. Very tough and hard worker who had an injury plagued 2018. Did a fair bit of training with the NRL squad, club rated him highly and wanted to keep him but as we were stacked with forwards the club couldn't offer him a top 30 or development deal for 2019 but did try to keep him through Blacktown with a view for 2020. Had plenty of interest and offers from NSW and QLD cup teams. Manly are still monitoring his progress and keeping an eye on him.

I was surprised as well. Better player than that.

From what i hear he is just another country kid who was constantly homesick, struggled to adapt to city life, lost motivation for footy and returned home to work.

He was a South Newcastle junior. They have a very good coaching staff of Ben Cross (Now Broncs assistant), Andrew "Bobcat" Ryan and Micheal Hagan who have managed to get him to resume playing fro 2019. The Newcastle club comp is the equivalent of the Ron Massey cup and offers good coin. Quite a few ex NRL, NSW Cup and U20's running around.

Wasnt NRL ready yet and needed a year or two in NSW Cup. Very tough and hard worker who had an injury plagued 2018. Did a fair bit of training with the NRL squad, club rated him highly and wanted to keep him but as we were stacked with forwards the club couldn't offer him a top 30 or development deal for 2019 but did try to keep him through Blacktown with a view for 2020. Had plenty of interest and offers from NSW and QLD cup teams. Manly are still monitoring his progress and keeping an eye on him.
Thanks for the info, good luck to him.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8