Jacob Preston

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Nordburg

First Grader
Because he isn’t a potential Manly junior.

He is a Manly junior.

Born over at Wahroonga, presumably at the Adventist Hodpital.

If you mean why don’t the commentators mention that he is a Manly junior? You would have to ask them.

Why was he not graded at Manly? By his own admission, he played poorly in a trial game for the junior rep teams.

He grew up wanting to play for Manly. His father wanted him to play for Manly. On his mother’s side (I believe), he has a grandfather that played for the Berries (today’s Bulldogs).
He must be only now showing his abilities as he was in the Roosters Jersey Flegg side for 2 years and they let him go

Terry Zarsoff

First Grader
We had a plumber come over, and I was dressed in my Manly onesy, hat and sockies (which instantly endeared me to him hahaha).

Anyways, we got talking about Manly, and he said his son went to one of the Rugby League schools around here. He showed me pics of his kid playing representative rugby league (for Australia). Kid was an absolute giant.

Anyways, he went on to say Manly's pathways are that much of a disgrace, that they've had to transition to Rugby Union. He knew all the names (which allude me), that are involved for us.

What a shame. Our kids have to either go to another region, or different sport, because of how nasty our pathways are.
That stuff has been circulating for awhile. Hopefully the efforts of people like Mestrov, Toovey and co. will fix it.

Mind you, you can talk to prospective grade players (or parents/relatives/friends on their behalf) at Manly, or elsewhere, from probably any era, and they often have a beef with how they were treated.

Ryan

Journey Man
That stuff has been circulating for awhile. Hopefully the efforts of people like Mestrov, Toovey and co. will fix it.

Mind you, you can talk to prospective grade players (or parents/relatives/friends on their behalf) at Manly, or elsewhere, from probably any era, and they often have a beef with how they were treated.
Yeah, that's a good point too. I was one of them with my son at soccer, so I get it tbh.

eaglebuzz

Bencher
We had a plumber come over, and I was dressed in my Manly onesy, hat and sockies (which instantly endeared me to him hahaha).

Anyways, we got talking about Manly, and he said his son went to one of the Rugby League schools around here. He showed me pics of his kid playing representative rugby league (for Australia). Kid was an absolute giant.

Anyways, he went on to say Manly's pathways are that much of a disgrace, that they've had to transition to Rugby Union. He knew all the names (which allude me), that are involved for us.

What a shame. Our kids have to either go to another region, or different sport, because of how nasty our pathways are.
Or he just has an axe to grind because his kid didn't make the cut

nightster

The older I get the better I was
Premium Member
Tipping Member

Quite true I was told by an assistant coach in Jersey Flegg in 1969 that as I wasn’t catholic I didn’t have much chance of advancing any further at Manly. So I switched to union and played a season for Warringah colts - most likely wouldn’t have been good enough anyway, but it was an eye opener - didn’t turn me off being a Manly supporter for the past 60 years.

Terry Zarsoff

First Grader
Quite true I was told by an assistant coach in Jersey Flegg in 1969 that as I wasn’t catholic I didn’t have much chance of advancing any further at Manly. So I switched to union and played a season for Warringah colts - most likely wouldn’t have been good enough anyway, but it was an eye opener - didn’t turn me off being a Manly supporter for the past 60 years.
And yet plenty of non-Catholics have played for Manly. Arthurson for instance, from memory, is CoE.

Manly from my observations doesn’t have a reputation for being a ‘Catholic club’, unlike Balmain or Canterbury in years gone by.

Yeah! But did he give you a discount?😉

It’s not your fault nightster…. In those days we needed all the divine intervention we could muster.

Just sayin’

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
He must be only now showing his abilities as he was in the Roosters Jersey Flegg side for 2 years and they let him go
This is the thing, players develop at different speeds and in different ways.

Its not always a straight forward thing.

Some may say Manly and the Roosters stuffed up and that is easy in hindsight, but they may have very well been the correct decisions at the time.

Thaaaaat said, do like Preston and he'd be a perfect fit here

eagleron

Bencher

Good post mate except that I can't get the image of you in a onsy out of my mind🤪

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18
14 7 7 -79 18
15 7 7 28 17