[Resurrected] Jackson Hastings

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Been expecting this for a while now, he's not the player he once was, to many leg injuries have made him to predictable. He's lost that pace of the mark that he once had when he was with us and the Chooks. He's always had a big opinion of himself, hence the drive off from reserves training. He'll be back in the ESL pretty soon I'd say, probably 2nd tier tho.

Jackson dropped for Cogger this week but took it well… refused to train with reserves, got in his car and went home…

Brent Read reports:
“He said ‘No, I’m done, I’m going home’. It wasn’t a dummy spit, please don’t misinterpret that, he was given the option and just didn’t want to be involved.”

What’s to misinterpret? 😂😂😂
If anyone should have been axed it had to be Gamble!! He has been useless yet they drop Hastings! Seems to always be the scapegoat!!

If anyone should have been axed it had to be Gamble!! He has been useless yet they drop Hastings! Seems to always be the scapegoat!!
Maybe (just spitballing here) it has as much to do with what happens during the week as it does during the 80min?

His reaction/attitude to being dropped seems consistent with many other incidents at many other clubs where Jackson has been “the scapegoat”…

Maybe (just spitballing here) it has as much to do with what happens during the week as it does during the 80min?

His reaction/attitude to being dropped seems consistent with many other incidents at many other clubs where Jackson has been “the scapegoat”…
Yeh I think facts show that Jackson is the common denominator, which only really leads to 1 conclusion ... especially when from his perspective is always the victim.

Hastings and Cogger are better than Gamble individually but they are both organising halves without much running threat. Gamble is happy to play second fiddle and provide some running threat which is important for unlocking Ponga.

Jackson dropped for Cogger this week but took it well… refused to train with reserves, got in his car and went home…

Brent Read reports:
“He said ‘No, I’m done, I’m going home’. It wasn’t a dummy spit, please don’t misinterpret that, he was given the option and just didn’t want to be involved.”

What’s to misinterpret? 😂😂😂

How is it supposed to be taken then?? He gets told he's been dropped from first grade, then instead of actually going to train with the blokes he'll be playing with on the weekend ... he gets in his car and goes home.

I can't speak for everyone else but to me that sounds and looks like a dummy spit. He may not have thrown a tantrum or walked off in a huff ... but going home instead of training after you've been told you've been dropped, to me, is a dummy spit.

The consistent problem that Hastings does not deal with is criticism of his form. He had so many clubs and he bails out and moves on when this happens. He has not been able to have much stability apart from his stint in the UK, might be a message there!

How is it supposed to be taken then?? He gets told he's been dropped from first grade, then instead of actually going to train with the blokes he'll be playing with on the weekend ... he gets in his car and goes home.

I can't speak for everyone else but to me that sounds and looks like a dummy spit. He may not have thrown a tantrum or walked off in a huff ... but going home instead of training after you've been told you've been dropped, to me, is a dummy spit.
Yeah not sure what Ready is on about… the “man of steel” obviously acted like a crybaby b*tch when faced with the reality that he is not considered to be the guy that is capable of lifting the squad out of their current situation…

Ready trying (poorly) not to burn a source?

Not the first time Jackson has failed to pull his head in when required and probably a good indicator for why he is heading to ressies in the first place…

Thought he went ok when he was with us tbh. Something went wrong between Hastings and DCE as I recall, after that it was see ya Jackson.

Been expecting this for a while now, he's not the player he once was, to many leg injuries have made him to predictable. He's lost that pace of the mark that he once had when he was with us and the Chooks. He's always had a big opinion of himself, hence the drive off from reserves training. He'll be back in the ESL pretty soon I'd say, probably 2nd tier tho.
Reserves weren’t training yesterday.O’Brien gave Hastings the option of training with first grade after he was told he was dropped for this week and Jackson declined and went home

Reserve grade wasn’t training yesterday.He was given the option to train with the first grade but he declined.Someone in the media ballsed up the story.
Not saying you specifically,as I don’t know your stance on the media,but I laugh at people who bag the media for the job they do,then use their “scoops” or stories as their basis of an argument or conversation

Newcastle coach Adam O’Brien has hit out at suggestions that Jackson Hastings refused to train instead insisting it was his call to give the halfback some time off after he was dropped on Tuesday.
Hastings was a high profile casualty of Newcastle’s winless start to the season with O’Brien opting to give his no. 7 jumper to new recruit Jack Cogger.

Despite Hastings NSW Cup relegation, O’Brien commended the way Hastings took the news of his surprise axing. It was O’Brien who insisted that Hastings take some short time away from the group on Tuesday as they went through a light recovery session.

Hasting was among the first to attend Newcastle training on Wednesday morning.

Jackson Hastings has been dropped to the NSW Cup – for now. Picture: NRL Photos

Jackson Hastings has been dropped to the NSW Cup – for now.

“It was my call to give Jackson the rest of the day off,” O’Brien said. “There was no doubt he was disappointed about my decision (to drop him) but that’s because he has a high care about his team and his own performances.

“I could see the hurt in him which is natural. But at no stage did he refuse to do anything. I was the one who said to go home and get ready to train well on Wednesday. He agreed. I felt he needed a few hours to get his head around the decision.

Our NSW Cup side didn’t even train on Tuesday. These situations are difficult for player and coach and I’m just disappointed what has been speculated about because it’s inaccurate and Jackson doesn’t deserve it.

“It was a conversation between myself and Jackson and only two people know what was said and I can tell you he handled it as best as he could.

“The boys had an active recovery day which is something he could’ve done from his backyard.

“I saw him at 715am on Wednesday and he was preparing for his day.”

Hastings paid the price after Newcastle’s golden point loss to North Queensland last weekend. Tyson Gamble retains the five-eighth jersey with Cogger starting. Jayden Brailey will also come off the bench for the first time this year.

O’Brien said there was a path back into the NRL for Hastings.

This isn’t the end of Jackson,” O’Brien said. “I want to make that very clear. This isn’t a decision that I’ve taken lightly. I’m not saying we didn’t get the result because of Jackson Hastings.

“We needed a spark of energy. We are back here at home. I don’t want to wait until three quarters into the year to bring some energy into the team.

“It remains to be seen if it’s the right call. We’ve been clear on what he needs to work on and he is more than capable of doing it.

“It’ll give him a chance to work on his game without the stress. But he is a big part of our squad.

“He was a big part of our success last year and he will be a big part of any future success we have.

“I don’t want to understate what he has done for us. He will feature in our team again.”

Hastings became the fourth half dropped after just two rounds joining Sean O’Sullivan, Lachlan Ilias and Jayden Sullivan.

The Knights take on Melbourne on Sunday night

Newcastle coach Adam O’Brien has hit out at suggestions that Jackson Hastings refused to train instead insisting it was his call to give the halfback some time off after he was dropped on Tuesday.
Hastings was a high profile casualty of Newcastle’s winless start to the season with O’Brien opting to give his no. 7 jumper to new recruit Jack Cogger.

Despite Hastings NSW Cup relegation, O’Brien commended the way Hastings took the news of his surprise axing. It was O’Brien who insisted that Hastings take some short time away from the group on Tuesday as they went through a light recovery session.

Hasting was among the first to attend Newcastle training on Wednesday morning.

Jackson Hastings has been dropped to the NSW Cup – for now. Picture: NRL Photos

Jackson Hastings has been dropped to the NSW Cup – for now.

“It was my call to give Jackson the rest of the day off,” O’Brien said. “There was no doubt he was disappointed about my decision (to drop him) but that’s because he has a high care about his team and his own performances.

“I could see the hurt in him which is natural. But at no stage did he refuse to do anything. I was the one who said to go home and get ready to train well on Wednesday. He agreed. I felt he needed a few hours to get his head around the decision.

Our NSW Cup side didn’t even train on Tuesday. These situations are difficult for player and coach and I’m just disappointed what has been speculated about because it’s inaccurate and Jackson doesn’t deserve it.

“It was a conversation between myself and Jackson and only two people know what was said and I can tell you he handled it as best as he could.

“The boys had an active recovery day which is something he could’ve done from his backyard.

“I saw him at 715am on Wednesday and he was preparing for his day.”

Hastings paid the price after Newcastle’s golden point loss to North Queensland last weekend. Tyson Gamble retains the five-eighth jersey with Cogger starting. Jayden Brailey will also come off the bench for the first time this year.

O’Brien said there was a path back into the NRL for Hastings.

This isn’t the end of Jackson,” O’Brien said. “I want to make that very clear. This isn’t a decision that I’ve taken lightly. I’m not saying we didn’t get the result because of Jackson Hastings.

“We needed a spark of energy. We are back here at home. I don’t want to wait until three quarters into the year to bring some energy into the team.

“It remains to be seen if it’s the right call. We’ve been clear on what he needs to work on and he is more than capable of doing it.

“It’ll give him a chance to work on his game without the stress. But he is a big part of our squad.

“He was a big part of our success last year and he will be a big part of any future success we have.

“I don’t want to understate what he has done for us. He will feature in our team again.”

Hastings became the fourth half dropped after just two rounds joining Sean O’Sullivan, Lachlan Ilias and Jayden Sullivan.

The Knights take on Melbourne on Sunday night
Well, bit different to Ready’s take on it… guess we will see who was telling the truth over the next couple of months… Coach might be trying to keep Jacko’s value up so they can try to offload him… 😂

So it's the coach's word vs the media...O'Brien sounds more authentic.
However, I still don't agree with him dropping Hastings. I think he's taking a 'gamble' sticking with Gamble (had to say it, lol).

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8