Jack Wighton free to negotiate ...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
In real terms I would suggest considering the commercial opportunities for him at souths (legitimate ones that is - ones that come with their ownership structure) he would most likely be very close to earning a similar amount
100% correct as there is always a way around fallible cap restrictions

• 👍
Reactions: lsz
I can’t wait to see which reporter has the clackers to put the spotlight on the elephant in the room. Sticky has been there 9 years and finished outside the top ten 5 times. He clearly upset his 2 co-captains a season back. Hodgson moved on and the resistance of Stuart to elevate Croker earlier in the season was simply strange. The squad pushed for his inclusion and the rest is history. Ricky has lost the sheds and his marquee player, either his times up or both him and the administrators there need to go.

This has got to hurt the Raiders chances this season. The salary cap is flawed on a number of levels. It does not level the playing field for the distribution of talent. It has a bigger effect on the poorer clubs than the rich clubs. Players taking less smells and the rhetoric does little to reduce the stench.

Just an aside - I know it didn't come from Whighton (but Mal Meninga) but how thrilled are his Canberra team mates going to be to play the rest of the season with him when they read that Whighton doesn't have confidence in them to win him a premiership?? He can say he's going to stay committed to them for the rest of the year all he likes but it's got to be a problem for them.
I can understand Jacks motivation but can you imagine sitting next to a bloke in the sheds that effectively paid $1M to get the fark out of your club? This will be poison to Canberras morale for the rest of the season.

I just don't get this. We can't afford to sign anyone decent because of DCE $1.3mil , Tom $1.1Mil , Jake $900K and the rest yet Souffs who have Latrine $1.1Mil , Walker $850K, Murray $850K , Cook $900K and the rest can afford Jack. It's utter bullsh*t.

Souths are going to have s very strong side with Wighton playing next year

Wighton has been unbelievable the past couple of weeks.

And we sign Talou. FMD

Souths are going to have s very strong side with Wighton playing next year

Wighton has been unbelievable the past couple of weeks.

And we sign Talou. FMD
Dunno, they will have to let one or two of their juniors go in order to fit him under the cap🙄

Dunno, they will have to let one or two of their juniors go in order to fit him under the cap🙄

They will let Tass go. No great loss.
Not sure what juniors they will lose, but they wouldn't be as stupid as we are in letting the really good juniors go.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6