Jack Birt .. a smokey for hooker ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
Tele today names Jack Birt as a smokey for hooker ... ???

Rising rake Jack Birt, who is also eligible for Jersey Flegg, has been on a train-and-trial contract during the pre-season paving the way for the youngster to play in the trial.

Birt’s emergence has added another dimension to the race for the hooking spot in the absence of Manase Fainu. Fainu is currently banned under the NRL’s no-fault stand down policy.

Couldn't find a highlights tape ...

@globaleagle .. can you do your job and get the article for us ... it was about Schuster and Birt page 69 .. thanks

Last edited:
Tele today names Jack Birt as a smokey for hooker ... ???

Couldn't find a highlights tape ...

@globaleagle .. can you do your job and get the article for us ... it was about Schuster and Birt page 69 .. thanks
Hang on. You’ve created a thread, did a half-arsed lame attempt at googling a highlights package, and then delegated the article posting to a Canadian Moose who doesn’t even know the difference between a broken down sharks/broncos/dragons 5/8/centre/fullback/lock and an up and coming Eagle .

I’m starting a poll to see how many people rate your thread-starting effort:
1) Lame
2) Soft
3) Lame and soft

I vote 3!

Last edited:
Suprised if not part of the Blacktown team Woodsie and could be available mid season.....but strange things can happen with the Mad professor in charge and whatever works untill we see Fainu again is all good....I will add that there is a few team selections that are not iron clad and open to other options, hooker being 1 of them.

Hang on. You’ve created a thread, did a half-arsed lame attempt at googling a highlights package, and then delegated the article posting to a Canadian Moose who doesn’t even know the difference between a broken down sharks/broncos/dragons 5/8/centre/fullback/lock and an up and coming Eagle .

I’m starting a poll to see how many people rate your thread starting effort:
1) Lame
2) Soft
3) Lame and soft

I vote 3!

That Moose you disparage is a highly respected and educated researcher at our beck and call 24/7 .. shame on you ... next you will be bringing up his club foot and comb over ...

PSS .. and I am waiting for your excellent search producing a highlight reel of the young man ..

Suprised if not part of the Blacktown team Woodsie and could be available mid season.....but strange things can happen with the Mad professor in charge and whatever works untill we see Fainu again is all good....

says on a train and trial ... probably get a run against Wests ..

Teen prodigy Josh Schuster could strike the first blow in his battle with Kieran Foran for the No. 6 jumper in Manly’s trial match against the Wests Tigers at Leichhardt Oval on Sunday week.
But Schuster won’t be the only rookie Sea Eagle staking a claim in Des Hasler’s side with the coach expected to rest some of his senior players.

Rising rake Jack Birt, who is also eligible for Jersey Flegg, has been on a train-and-trial contract during the pre-season paving the way for the youngster to play in the trial.

Birt’s emergence has added another dimension to the race for the hooking spot in the absence of Manase Fainu. Fainu is currently banned under the NRL’s no-fault stand down policy.

“He’s fast, extremely fast out of dummy half, has got a good work ethic in terms of defence and he can read the game well. But like most of the young blokes they have a lot to learn,” said Manly recruitment manager Scott Fulton.

There has been speculation Foran could line-up at hooker in round one, opening the door for Schuster to start at five-eighth.

But this is looking increasingly unlikely with Cade Cust, Lachlan Croker and now Birt available as options at nine.

It means Schuster, who is expected to play in the trial match, is left in a dual with Foran to become Hasler’s first choice five-eighth.

“Obviously I respect them (Foran and Cherry-Evans) but we‘re all fighting for our spots,” Schuster said.

“The season is around the corner. Hopefully, I‘d love to love to play five-eighth.

“But if that‘s not the case I’ll bide my time and keep learning.”

After re-signing with the Sea Eagles until the end of season 2022, speculation over Schuster’s future at the club hit the headlines following news of Foran’s return to the northern beaches in 2021.
But the 19-year old said walking away from his deal was never an option despite falling down the halves pecking order after Foran’s arrival.

“No way (was I tempted to go),” Schuster said.

“I started here since I was 14 years old. I‘m a local junior, had my development year, played Harold Matts, SG Ball and then under-20s and now grade.”

Schuster burst onto the scene with a debut performance in round 17 last season against the Wests Tigers that was described by Benji Marshall as the “best debut I‘ve seen, ever.”

Foran has experienced the extent of Schuster’s talent first hand over the summer.

“He’s got a phenomenal skill set. He’s a big kid, a big body and he’s impressed the hell out of me,” Foran said.

“His reading of the game, his reading of the play and he has soft hands … for a young kid at 19 he’s got a highly developed skill set.”

Despite Schuster’s immense ability, Manly skipper Daly Cherry Evans remained coy about Hasler’s plans for the teen sensation in 2021.

“That was nice work from Benji Marshall building up the young kid over here so know we have to deal with all that, Josh’s head is huge at the moment,” Cherry-Evans said with a laugh.

“He’s obviously a very talented kid, when he gets his shot again this year, I don’t when and I don’t know where I have no doubt he will be up for it again.”

The rise of the likes of Schuster, Birt, Ben Trbojevic and Kaeo Weekes is a testament to Manly’s investment in its player nursery. At least 11 players in Manly’s top 30 roster have come through the club’s pathways program.

1613605747096.png

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8