J-Lo's Kicking Help!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Here's an interesting article about Killer's Kicking. Hopefully it'll help him, lately I've been wincing every attempt at goal. Makes me wonder how much help Arnold could give, given the different shapes of the balls and aerodynamics and what not. Hey, anything is worth a shot. I can't help but dream though of what it would be like to have a sharp shooter on the team. Your thoughts????

http://www.nrl.com/lyon-seeks-kicking-advice-from-ex-socceroo/tabid/10874/newsid/74755/default.aspx

Kicking is kicking and its as much technique as anything else. It looks like when Jamie is tired or he has a small knock he tries to kick it too hard, which inevitably means the aim is worse and often gets less power because he does not hit it as squarely

wouldn't be surprised if duties are handed over to DCE or someone else after a full off season of practice. Bit more confidence in DCE these days, was a bit rough to throw him in the deep end early on. When Jamie is on, he is radar like, but when he is off, it's not the best.. that said, look how many tries our wingers have scored, i wonder if there is a stat that shows how many of his kicks were taken less than 10-15 metres from the sideline. I'd bet its quite a few.

He would have to have hit the posts more than any other goakicker that I can remember. I've read a few books by a Dorfman on sports psychology and approach (in particular baseball) and I can not recommend highly enough that any sportsman from any sport become familiar with his work. What he advocates as a mental approach is 2nd to none.

Supernintendo Chalmers said:
wouldn't be surprised if duties are handed over to DCE or someone else after a full off season of practice. Bit more confidence in DCE these days, was a bit rough to throw him in the deep end early on. When Jamie is on, he is radar like, but when he is off, it's not the best.. that said, look how many tries our wingers have scored, i wonder if there is a stat that shows how many of his kicks were taken less than 10-15 metres from the sideline. I'd bet its quite a few.

I wondered the same thing in regards to Reynolds and Maloney's kicking this year and the percentage of tries being scored on either sideline or wether they were mostly in the centre portion. It would have a huge impact on the stats. Underlines the importance of running the ball in closer after they have crossed the line and have the chance.

If you could pick any of Manly's past goal kickers to be slotted into this side, who would you pick and why? my favourite two (that I was old enough to remember) were Michael O'Connor and M.R....

Killer's success rate is poor this year, not arguing that one. But like Supernintendo Chalmers, I wonder how many of his kicks have been from out wide due to the number of tries scored by Jorge and Bjorn? They scored 36 between them out on the wings, while Killer himself and Steve Matai have scored 14 and 11 respectively I'd be willing to bet the majority of them were within 10-15 metres of the touchline.

We have crossed for 108 tries this season. Between them Snake (8), Jorge (17), Killer (14), Hitman (11) and Bjorn (19) have scored 63.8% of them. That's the potential for more than half of Killers conversions having to be kicked from out wide. Though a good kicker in form would still nail most of them.....Killer hasn't been in good form with the boot.

The general idea I got from the article is that in that session with Arnold, Killer started to kick the ball a lot better. Hopefully that can translate to games as well.

My favourite Manly kickers of all time? Matty Ridge was the best we've ever had. Snoz was ok, though like Killer he could be hit and miss (and didn't have to be talked out of handing over the kicks when Ridge arrived at the club). Ben Walker was also pretty good. The first Manly kicker I saw was actually Wombat at the end of his Manly career.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8