Ivan Cleary Gone from Penrith

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
To me what is most curious is the fact Penrith let Barrett go in the first place. Gus must have known what he was going to do about Cleary months ago and if Barrett is so highly regarded, why did he let him go instead of offering him the Penrith coaching spot. He was next in line and surely if he wanted to use Barrett as coach, he would have let him know ages ago. Does this mean he didnt want Barrett and if not what does that say about our new coach. Just a thought.

To me what is most curious is the fact Penrith let Barrett go in the first place. Gus must have known what he was going to do about Cleary months ago and if Barrett is so highly regarded, why did he let him go instead of offering him the Penrith coaching spot. He was next in line and surely if he wanted to use Barrett as coach, he would have let him know ages ago. Does this mean he didnt want Barrett and if not what does that say about our new coach. Just a thought.
Barrett was stood down around round 10, wasn't he? This seems like a decision made rather recently, otherwise they surely would've just sacked Cleary once the season was over, not waited over 6 weeks to get things moving.

Arthur has already paid Foran, what other club would offer him a contract like the one the dumb Eels gave him

You have the say the Eels are a really really dumb footy club.

Yes the did beat us twice in this year, which was bloody unfortunate, but their whole set up is a real joke.

And some of the recruitment decisions they have made are just shear madness, anyone in their right mind could tell that Bochocs was at the end of his days AND they offer him a 3 year contract plus take him for an extra year.

And to take a risk on Hoppa Jnr at NINE HUNDRED AND TWENTY FIVE THOUSAND a year for two years............complete lunacy.

Add to that Sandow , and paying HUGE dollars for Foran (who in my mind probably has played his best footy and due to his heavy workload may well have a limited future) and its no wonder they have problems over there.

I have known Hook for over 20 years and Gee I hope the Panthers Haven't made that mistake. I wish the Groncos had Hook still. I loved seeing them get beat. Hooks Not a Players Coach. When we used to play together In Rockhampton if we ever won he was like a stick in the Mud.

I have known Hook for over 20 years and Gee I hope the Panthers Haven't made that mistake. I wish the Groncos had Hook still. I loved seeing them get beat. Hooks Not a Players Coach. When we used to play together In Rockhampton if we ever won he was like a stick in the Mud.

I had a bit to do with Hook when doing the travel business for the Broncos, not a bad bloke but my little finger has more passion than his whole body.

I made a comment earlier that he'd fit in well at the Panfers, and I meant it as well.

Barrett was stood down around round 10, wasn't he? This seems like a decision made rather recently, otherwise they surely would've just sacked Cleary once the season was over, not waited over 6 weeks to get things moving.

You could be right but why was Cleary sacked? And surely the negotiations with Griffin have been going on for quite some time. I mean Gus was so proud of himself to nab Cleary in the first place and last years effort was outstanding.

This year injuries brought Penrith down but the junior side is going gang busters which is under Cleary's overall guidance (and with the help of his son). Surely Gus is not so naive as to think one poor injury affected season, says it all about Cleary, who was so successful in NZ (the only coach who has succeeded over there).

One thought is that Cleary has signed with the Warriors ..but has he? Seems they've got their coaching staff well set (although these days what seems set one day is chaos the next in League). No I think this has been happening for quite a long while and the only question mark was getting Griffin to say OK. Which makes you wonder why no huge offer was made to Barrett.

I'd be happier if we had snagged Cleary, ex player as well, but not to be.

Talk about merry go rounds, it's all happening in the NRL at present.

Article in the herald where Gus states that he could not see extending the contract past next year so there was no point in having him coach for one year.

Makes sense to me

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8