It's time to put the pegs in the right hole.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Cameron

Make Manly Great Again #Hasler2019
Love des there's no one else should be in charged but there's on thing I'm not liking.

Schu on the bench it's a waste and he's a future 6.

Davey can't be dropped.

So the solution?

We move the NSW prop from 13 to prop his go forward and post contact meters is up there with Garlic Sauce.

Schu to number 13 to play a similar role as gifty did.

How is this not the way to go. Tell me

Exactly. If you are replicating the Gift tactic you are still getting rid of Guac or Davey

Love des there's no one else should be in charged but there's on thing I'm not liking.

Davey can't be dropped.

So the solution?

We move the NSW prop from 13 to prop his go forward and post contact meters is up there with Garlic Sauce.

Because your solution assumes that the Shu who has been less than impressive in the 2nd row ... will suddenly embrace the prospect of making 40 tackles as a middle forward and still having the creative genius to throw passes without looking.

Why you would think someone who has demonstrated that he has the workrate of a union longshoreman would suddenly become a dynamic middle forward baffles me.

Last edited:
Shu does not have the defensive desire to be played at lock.

Until he does, which Im seriously doubting will ever happen, Des won't, and shouldn't, pick him at #13

Until he does, which Im seriously doubting will ever happen, Des won't, and shouldn't, pick him at #13
This is the thing. There is a huge disconnect between how Schuster wants/sees himself and how he is seen by others.

Schu thinks he is a playmaker at 6 and this implies offence focus and not as much tackling.

Most people see Schu as a big body better suited in the forwards.

Davey can't be dropped.

So the solution?

I think you are drawing a long bow expecting schuster to play like gifty !!
Just sayin’

Jake to prop and Schu to 13 seems like the right solution ultimately. I think Schuster's built to play in the 2nd row/lock, where he did well in 2021, rather than at 5/8, but he should continue coming off the bench until such time as his fitness and defence issues improve. Even with limited minutes, Walker does it effectively and he should too.

I'm yet to be convinced that him playing 5/8 will be the best for the team in 2023
and at this stage I fear how we'll go with him replacing Foz. As for Schu/his manager demanding/wanting him to play 5/8, most players of a similar age and experience are just happy and satisfied to be playing in the NRL in any position!

Presume you are aware Schu was sick all week and the decision to keep in the 17 was a late one?

I cant see him on the bench for another game.

I am beginning to doubt he has his mind on playing with Manly.

Josh’s defence was actually one of his stronger points last year. Yes it was on an edge but he was very solid.

It’s clearly been a difficult year for him with injury and the different roles he’s been playing within the team, with very little consistency.

The few calls on here to ship him out are ludicrous. His fitness is clearly an issue but that is something that can absolutely be fixed and the motivation to do so should be there.

He's not really get a lot of minutes.

You made a comparison to Glenn Stewart in your first post... it took him four years (three under Des) of intermittent first grade starts before he nailed down a full-time starting position in the second row (ahead of none other than Steve Menzies)... and he never looked back.

I mention that because, from what I have observed, I don't think Des is in the habit of gifting starting spots to players just because they have the potential to come up with some great plays... They have to consistently do the effort plays well enough too... and (for whatever reason) it looks like Josh is not up to standard with those at the moment.

I want the guy to succeed, but to be honest I think Des is doing him a favour right now by keeping him on the bench. Probably an unpopular opinion, but on current form as a forward, if he were anyone else he'd probably be playing for Blacktown.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4