It's not about the money for Des Hasler

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Berkeley_Eagle said:
Graham Hughes mentioned on talkinsport that there is a huge gap in the playing group and the board and it will get wider with this event

How would he fukn know. He's creaming himself about manly players following Des to the Dogs. He's said it about ten times! He's making me sick with his dribble.
Let's use Bennett as an example, the players loved playing under him, and only Boyd followed. Let's hope it's the same with the manly boys.

Yeah if the board is causing trouble then tell everyone and let us vote them out. But dont leave without giving us the chance.

Phoenix said:
So if he and his puppets will be gone after the annual meeting, why wouldn't Hasler hang around? That makes no sense if this is the reason why he is leaving.

This.

I don't understand why he would activate the extra year on his current contract. Makes no sense at all?
What a depressing week!

King said:
I don't understand why he would activate the extra year on his current contract. Makes no sense at all?
What a depressing week!

Exactly!!!! He would of been better to just resign that would of been admiral thing to do, I would of thought.

Money does have something to do with it. He wouldn't go for less money would he.

I fully understand he may have difficulty in the workplace and I can understand him leaving because of it. However, it doesn't explain why he would want to continue to work under the same circumstances in 2012. The strange thing is, the Bulldogs have had just as much political interference at their club in the last few years as we have. Infighting, factions, board members sticking their nose into the footy department. Its been happening there also.

Its been a rollercoaster of emotions since Sunday and we've all had differing thoughts and feelings and I'm sure we'll think differently about them as the days go on. The one thing we all have in common is we love this place and we hate seeing it go through what its been going through.

Much to come out in the next week or two I'd guess.

The trouble is, Hasler could have straightened all this stuff out and the club was heading in the right direction financially. If people like Reilly are wreckers as some have alleged they can be ousted on the board.

Why did Des want to abandon all the great culture and work that he and Crusher had worked so hard to set up over the last 8 years? Manly would have been offering him very good money....I can't work it out...

Masked Eagle said:
Money does have something to do with it. He wouldn't go for less money would he.

I fully understand he may have difficulty in the workplace and I can understand him leaving because of it. However, it doesn't explain why he would want to continue to work under the same circumstances in 2012. The strange thing is, the Bulldogs have had just as much political interference at their club in the last few years as we have. Infighting, factions, board members sticking their nose into the footy department. Its been happening there also.

Its been a rollercoaster of emotions since Sunday and we've all had differing thoughts and feelings and I'm sure we'll think differently about them as the days go on. The one thing we all have in common is we love this place and we hate seeing it go through what its been going through.
Maybe he wants to go and we are stupidly in my mind holding him to contract. I have just re read a news report from last week and this looks like it might be the reason. If I'm putting this link in the wrong section can a mod fix it http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/sport/manly-sea-eagles-keep-a-tight-grip-on-des-hasler/story-e6frg7mf-1226154514915

What I want to know is why the Chairman of the Football club has anything to do with the selection of the coach. Surely that is the role of the Board and the CEO.

The Football Club is meant to exist to keep Manly at Manly and support the efforts of the team and the long-term interests of the club. As one involved in organisations at a board level, the role is to look after the 'ethos', appoint the CEO and manage the financial viability. The CEO works with the staff on these matters.

If Truth is correct, the role of the Chairman of the Football clup is disproportionate to what it should be. Volunteer amateurs should not be in control of this sort of thing and maybe a restructure is needed to get things right.

Zorba said in his article that Des wants a new challenge.

Could be as simple as that.. He is very close to Des.

Masked Eagle said:

I couldn't agree more with you!

KaZa said:
Zorba said in his article that Des wants a new challenge.

Could be as simple as that.. He is very close to Des.

Yeah they all throw the word challenge out there when they don't want to tell us the truth. Disappointing

I don't get this apparently we offered him
A mil a year. Maybe it was after the horse has bolted. Gutted.

Cambo said:
I don't get this apparently we offered him
A mil a year. Maybe it was after the horse has bolted. Gutted.

Maybe they just leaked that story to the media to make us supporters think oh well they did all they could when really they did nothing but force his hand

Jolores said:
Maybe they just leaked that story to the media to make us supporters think oh well they did all they could when really they did nothing but force his hand

This.
As soon as Bob Reilly sent that ridiculous "We want to keep Des" email out, I had a horrible feeling he was already gone. Same with Penn's "We'll do everything we can to keep him" line. Basically just covering their own arses.

Yes and he can take those muppets Bryant, smith, gainsford-Taylor , jones and Stevenson with him. Nothing but a cancer to the great manly club.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4