It's mission improbable - Manly Daily

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

byso

First Grader

It's mission improbable
JASON AVEDISSIAN and LAINE CLARK
Manly Daily
11aug05

THE sight of Andrew Johns in full throttle on his way to the try line is the one Manly players and supporters fear the most when the Sea Eagles head north to Newcastle on Sunday.

It is a scenario Manly skipper Michael Monaghan admits will be mission impossible at EnergyAustralia Stadium when the Knights host the Sea Eagles in a vital round 23 NRL clash.

``There's no shutting him down,'' Monaghan admitted before again having to cease speculation on his future following erroneous reports this week.

``It's just a matter of minimising how much effect he has on the game.''

For the second time in four weeks, Monaghan has been forced to release a statement on his future, denying he is off to the Roosters next year following Manly's recruitment of Matt Orford.

Monaghan has now been linked incorrectly with clubs in England, Melbourne, South Sydney and the Roosters despite what the halfback says.

``I don't know how many times I have to say it - but I have signed a three-year contract with Manly and I don't want to go anywhere else to play,'' he said in a statement.

``I am sick of the rumours and I ask supporters not to react to them.

``I am happy at Manly and I just want to concentrate on helping the side make the finals.''

Monaghan admits he is keen to maintain the captaincy next season.

``It's something I really enjoy and one of the reasons why I never wanted to leave the club,'' he said.

Manly executive chairman Paul Cummings said supporters should ignore speculation on Monaghan's future.

``We had enough of it when it first started,'' he said yesterday.

``We are not in control of it . . . it's almost a running joke at the club.''

Manly executive chairman Paul Cummings said supporters should ignore speculation on Monaghan's future.

``We had enough of it when it first started,'' he said yesterday.

``We are not in control of it . . . it's almost a running joke at the club.''

Waiting with baited breath for the response of Matabele!!!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4