It's Bye Bye Beaver

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
13 Nov 08 @ 06:16pm by JASON AVEDISSIAN
http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au/sport/story/it-s-bye-bye-beaver/

THE time has finally arrived for Manly icon Steve “Beaver” Menzies to depart our sunny shores.

The two-time Sea Eagles premiership winner will leave Sydney tomorrow evening for a 24-hour flight to Manchester via Frankfurt.

It’s the final act of the Sea Eagles’ great before he joins English club Bradford for the 2009 season.

Menzies yesterday told The Manly Daily he is ready for the next chapter in his life and illustrious football career.

“I’ve got a few nerves, but I’m looking forward to the change and getting over there,” the 34-year-old said.

“It’s all sort of come along pretty quick.

“We just got back from a six-day family trip to Japan and now I’m leaving.

“It’s a nice sunny day today (Thursday) here, so I might try and get some sun so I have a bit of colour when I get over there.

“I don’t think I’ll be seeing much sun for the next 12 months.”

Menzies has signed a one-year deal with the Bulls, with the option of a second season in 2010.

He will start pre-season training with his new club on Monday.

The Manly legend will make the flight on his own, with his long-term partner Suyin Condon and baby daughter Miller joining him in the new year.

“It’s going to be a tough five weeks,” Suyin said.

“Just seeing Miller and Steve bond the last couple of weeks ... it’s going to be gut-wrenching to see him leave her.

“She’s become a real daddy’s little girl the past few weeks.”

Menzies was originally scheduled to depart Sydney tonight but delayed his flight by 24 hours to enjoy one final day with his young family.

“It’s obviously going to be hard to leave them behind,” Menzies said.

In other league news yesterday, the NRL’s annual conference backed the use of two on-field referees for next year’s premiership.

The conference also recommended an end to the video referee being used to adjudicate on the stripping rule.

`The end of an era. I am so glad that I was there for all of his last games and that we sent him out the way that a champion deserves to go!!!

It will never seem the same or right with not seeing Beaver run out on to brookie. A sad time for all Manly supporters. I'm just so glad i got to see him at the GF i wish him and his young family all the very best in their future.

Its right up there with kids cancer stories for solid emotion.

Havnt teared up so much since that nose hair yanking episode last month.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4