It's begun - Hoppa Petition

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Canteen Worker

First Grader

Inevitably it has begun - a thread on MSE demanding the resigning of Hoppa into the Manly team. Same usual suspects and same vacuous argument.
There was something in the Terrorgraph about Max being keen to have him back on board but he was also quoted as saying that sponsors should have nothing to do with the running of football clubs!!!!! :bdh: :bdh: :bdh:

It just confirms them as the fools that they are.

I can't believe that one of the primary motivations is so that Hopoate can do a victory lap!

Victory in what? Insane stupidity and gross misconduct?

It's a bloody joke, they reckon Hoppa deserves a proper send off. They don't realise he's the only one they can blame.

Morte on this - I have printed the article and also notice that MM was in Melbourne today.

Manly's row over sacked star's future
by Adam Hawse

A SPLIT has emerged at Manly over moves to reinstate sacked winger John Hopoate for the remainder of the season.

Club powerbrokers are at loggerheads on whether Hopoate-axed by the Sea Eagles last March- should be given another chance when his 17-match suspension for striking Cronulla's Keith Galloway expired next weekend.

Majority shareholder Max Delmege is a huge Hopoate fan, but certain board members remain staunchily opposed to his return.

Leading Manly figures attempted to distance themselves from the prospect of a Hopoate comeback but the NRL, which would have to endorse his re-registration is aware of developments.

"I've had one conversation with them and as I understand it they may come to us (with the Hopoate proposal), but they may not."NRL chief executive David Gallop said yesterday.

"They would have to make a decision first and then is they come to us we'll look at it."

If Hopoate's career is revived, the former international would be available for Manly's blockbuster clas with Brisbane at Brookvale.
Hopoate has not played since round two, when he was sent off against the Sharks, and has turned to a boxing career,

The 31-year-ols is yet to have his first fight, but is in peak condition and regularly trains with his former Manly team-mates.

Rumours of his return have intensified in recent week as Manly, once among the competition frontrunners, lost four consecutive matches.

Delmege is the man believed to be lobbying hard for Hopoate.

"I think he would bring a lot to any team, not just Manly." Delmege said.
"John Hopoate has that spark.
"I do know that John still trains with the boys and keeps himself fit.
"That's my personal opinion, but I don't interfere in those decisions"

Football manager Peter Peters said any decision on Hopoate would have to come from the football club board.

"There have been some whispers around for a long time."Peters said.

"At this stage there has been no official request to the board."

Meanwhile, Manly captain Michael Monaghan said there was nothing sinister in him watching today's Melbourne-Roosters game in a Storm corporate box at Olympic Park.

its very odd.
Not sinister....I bet he said that with an evil cackle and his little finger to his mouth!

It's a bloody joke, they reckon Hoppa deserves a proper send off. They don't realise he's the only one they can blame.

I thought Hoppa got a send off last time he played at Brookie ?

He sure did I wouldn't want to see him get another similar "send off". When Manly are going for a semis birth.

THIS IS A JOKE.we will become a joke if this happens(even raising it is ludicrous) and someone needs to tell our major benefactor a few home truths.if anyone seriously thinks he will make any difference to our virtually dead in the water finals campaign they have rocks in their head .

From what I have herd guys he is de-registered with the NRL. Even if we wanted him to play her couldn't.

Not for another season anyhow.

Maybe we should start a petition to the NRL to not allow him to play. :lol:

whens the rally! im there, we wont need a sign so the save Monaghs/Duck/the Chad signs can be left on the rainbow warrior, we just all need to walk around with one digit raised in tribute!

Just on This, If Max thinks that the whole Monaghs media debacle was negative, at least that was about players and there contracts, , how positive would another Hoppa issue be ????

Yeah, exactly. I can't believe there are so many people who want him back. It's a real worry.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4