It's been a long time

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Albeit early in the season, but it has been a long long time, since we have sat by ourselves on the bottom of the table. From here on out we can not afford to lose more than a mere handful of games, it will take an almighty winning streak to get us back up amongst the top.

We only need to finish 8th, but every team has at the least a 2 point start on us and you would have to say over the next few weeks with players missing it wont be easy.

The spoon wont be ours this year, I have few worries of that, but we are looking like making some more history by probably coming back to the lowest position after a premiership.

I only hope that Brett is the missing link and we all fire from there!

Come on boys

If seeing your team sitting alone in 16th spot isn't motivation to pull your socks up and work hard then i don't know what is.

Bring on Sunday

I see the boys were gallivanting around some V8 raceway today.  They just don't get it, do they?

Noticed that Mata.

Flicked on to Foxsports news this arvo and heard them mention manly spun around to see the boys having a grand old time racing V8's etc.

I guess I shouldn't be a nazi though... I'm sure they are trying hard. A decent day together has probably been missing since the WCC... might be a bit of a change up from Des... see it if works? anything??

While all teams need time to get together be it V8 racing or other wise which is fair enough but i thought after being on the bottom of the ladder you would think that they would be doing something like training the house down.

Nutzcraw link said:
A decent day together has probably been missing since the WCC...
  I would suggest they've had a few too many of those, particularly judging by the double chin bulging around King's helmet straps.

Let's not forget it was a "decent day together" that has been vitally instrumental in the debacle of opening month.

No - what we don't want is panic. If a day away gets the heads cleared, all good and proper. Des will not be easing up on the squad. We need 12 to 14 wins out of the next 22 weeks but need to start winning now.

I agree CW.
It may be the welcome distraction the boys need as well as a good team bonding (without the jungle juice ;) ).
The level of media attention the boys and the club have had to endure to this stage has been relentless and at times downright disgusting. :mad:
I'm sure Dessie will not be letting up on the training but you are right we do need to start focusing and winning come this weekend.

Since when does a team train the day following a match?

I am sure they did their recovery session in the morning and they then went and had a bit of fun, nothing wrong with what they did. Wether you are 4 & 0 or 0 & 4 the body still has to have time to recover.

It's been a long time since

Rabbitohs were 1st
We were 16th

I can't bring myself to say the L word

I wonder is this the motivation they need, or the final nail in the 2009 Coffin!!

Matabele link said:
I see the boys were gallivanting around some V8 raceway today.  They just don't get it, do they?

Saw that, too. It wasn't so much the fact they were at the raceway that pissed me off (even though I would have preferred them to be doing laps and tackling drills at Brookvale Oval) but their attitude when interviewed. Perry's "we know how good we are and we'll be right" attitude had me screaming at the TV screen.
The players seem to think all they need to do is hit some sort of magic switch and everything will be AOK, but it's not going to work like that. They need to find the desire to compete for every play again. They need to work their butts off. And they need to realise that every other team in the NRL wants to be the premiers and will be gunning for them every week.

Ron E. Gibbs link said:
And they need to realise that every other team in the NRL wants to be the premiers and will be gunning for them every week.

There's the key right there. We are putting in well below 100% and all other teams are going to be right on their game when they play us, putting in 110%. We were down before the season even kicked off and opposition teams now see us as ripe for the picking and are throwing everything they have at us. The Penrith and Newcastle games were perfect examples where we could have won but were completely out enthused.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6