It's about the Game Day Experience

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Budgie

In for the long haul.
Premium Member
2016 Tipping Competitor
Tipping Member
It's seriously crap. My first time at Brookie this season and it's still rubbish.

The "food" is worse and more expensive than ever. The planning for it has not been considered at all. They knew the game started at six so most would need a bit of a feed. How on earth were there big queues for the world's worst food with a crowd of just 9,000? I must admit there was no queue at the chips on a stick van. I'll leave that one there.

The music blasted at every stoppage in the game, and I know they all do it, drives me nuts. It kills all chance of a crowd building tension like a bad lullaby. And the choice of "music" is baffling. No consistency and certainly not the sort of stuff that gets a crowd happy and involved. Just a mish mash. Supermarket music would be better if they have to have it at all.

The half time "entertainment" where five blokes get to kick for the opportunity to win, among other things, A PAIR OF SAFETY GOGGLES is beyond naff. Sure I know the sponsor actually makes those much sort after goggles but seriously?

But there is one completely inexplicable thing that absolutely takes the cake. Shiny new stand .... tick. Shiny new screen .... not so much of a tick. It could have been bigger but maybe there was some sort of council or engineering restriction.
But here's the thing. The screen is not so big in the first place so what do they do? They fill a side panel which takes up 20% of the screen (yep, that's one fifth of the entire available space) with ADVERTISING!!!!! So instead of getting a 20% larger replay of a try or live feed when you're at the other end, you get just 80% making it even harder to see. And what advertiser in their right mind would dedicate budget to ruining fan experience???

Hideous.

It's seriously crap. My first time at Brookie this season and it's still rubbish.

The "food" is worse and more expensive than ever. The planning for it has not been considered at all. They knew the game started at six so most would need a bit of a feed. How on earth were there big queues for the world's worst food with a crowd of just 9,000? I must admit there was no queue at the chips on a stick van. I'll leave that one there.

The music blasted at every stoppage in the game, and I know they all do it, drives me nuts. It kills all chance of a crowd building tension like a bad lullaby. And the choice of "music" is baffling. No consistency and certainly not the sort of stuff that gets a crowd happy and involved. Just a mish mash. Supermarket music would be better if they have to have it at all.

The half time "entertainment" where five blokes get to kick for the opportunity to win, among other things, A PAIR OF SAFETY GOGGLES is beyond naff. Sure I know the sponsor actually makes those much sort after goggles but seriously?

But there is one completely inexplicable thing that absolutely takes the cake. Shiny new stand .... tick. Shiny new screen .... not so much of a tick. It could have been bigger but maybe there was some sort of council or engineering restriction.
But here's the thing. The screen is not so big in the first place so what do they do? They fill a side panel which takes up 20% of the screen (yep, that's one fifth of the entire available space) with ADVERTISING!!!!! So instead of getting a 20% larger replay of a try or live feed when you're at the other end, you get just 80% making it even harder to see. And what advertiser in their right mind would dedicate budget to ruining fan experience???

Hideous.
Up there with the NBA half way shot for a car or a truckload of cash... hmm, how many of those safety goggles could I buy with $50,000 🤔

I went to the Tigers game with the sell out crowd and couldn't stomach the wait for a beer or food so didn't even try. Looked at least 20 minutes. I just put it down to being a big crowd.

But that's really bad if the same thing was happening last night.

1. I agree about the new video screen, but advertisers paid for it so it's just part of the trade-off.
2. Agreed, the sound system is too loud, especially the ads that laughingly claim Telstra cares about customer service.
3. Food and drinks. I'm obviously in the minority here because I go to the football to watch football, not purchase overpriced and underwhelming grog or food. If I get to the ground early to watch a few matches I take a sandwich/snack and some form of hydration. When I watch Manly play my heart is in my most of the match so there is no room for anything else.
On the plus side:
1. The Fulton Stand is great, even though I prefer to sit on the Hill because it is a better view.
2. The ground serface looks great.
3. The Manly Seabirds are always good to watch.

The Club clearly doesn’t understand Fan Experience and are blindly chasing the dollar from an ever decreasing home ground attendance. Not sure which successful business model the Penns are following here in terms of customer experience and growing the fan base.

The atmosphere at Brookie this year has been woeful. I put it down to the families being moved from the northern hill to the eastern hill subduing the raucous chanting lubricated fans from starting genuine chants and verbal torrents towards inept officials and away teams.

1. I agree about the new video screen, but advertisers paid for it so it's just part of the trade-off.
2. Agreed, the sound system is too loud, especially the ads that laughingly claim Telstra cares about customer service.
3. Food and drinks. I'm obviously in the minority here because I go to the football to watch football, not purchase overpriced and underwhelming grog or food. If I get to the ground early to watch a few matches I take a sandwich/snack and some form of hydration. When I watch Manly play my heart is in my most of the match so there is no room for anything else.
On the plus side:
1. The Fulton Stand is great, even though I prefer to sit on the Hill because it is a better view.
2. The ground serface looks great.
3. The Manly Seabirds are always good to watch.
The ground surface looked very patchy or discolored on TV ?

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4