It was only a Trial

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

veegee

Reading quite a few media reports about our trial match it seems like Melbourne took this game as a serious hit out where as we took this game as a trial (which is what it was meant to be).

The two teams most people are picking (on other forums etc and also a NRL coach) as teams to beat are Storm and Eels which would mean that they are under more pressure from the start of the season.

Like last year no-one seems to rate us and I am sure Des and the boys would welcome this as we can fly underneath the radar and shock some of these so called experts. Like last year I am sure the boys would be up to it and I think we can go one better this year.

Go the Mighty Sea Eagles.

The Eels are going to be cruelled by the change in the interchange law.  Everyone lauds their big athletic backs.  But will those blokes see any quality ball with the alcoholic panicking behind a tired pack of unfit, fat forwards?

We lost our trial 56-10

The Warriors lost their's 22-14, but have lost Wade McKinnon for the season from that trial

We had the better result by a mile

There are a lot of people down here calling for the NAB cup to be scrapped. 2 knee reco's in the first round, plus a broken finger costing in total 2 seasons and 8 weeks. All key players for their respective teams.

Thank God Carlton aren't risking Judd then!

KE, is McKinnon really out for the season.  That is a very hard hit for the Warriors.

No Mckinnon for season !! Massive loss !!
I actually reckon they have depth there though. Crocket could play fullback, and they have a bum called Brent Tate to replace Crocket in the backline with. Ropati will also see more game time this year now. He's a decent player.

Matabele link said:

KE, is McKinnon really out for the season.  That is a very hard hit for the Warriors.

Are you coming down for the season opener at the G? Tickets go on sale on the 28th Feb.

Matabele link said:

Yep he is mate

Saw it on the news, was chasing a kick through, and he arrived at the same time as the fullback, kicked out at the ball, but got the blokes leg and his knee got bent back

They are holding out hope that it might not be as bad as the scans show when it is opened up, but Cleary admitted the scans are normally about 100% these days. He may make it back for the finals possibly with a perfect recovery but hard to really see it

Kirk is probably the guy who will step up, Cleary brought him over last year from the Chooks reserve grade side

clontaago link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=176935.msg178226#msg178226 date=1203485871]

Are you coming down for the season opener at the G? Tickets go on sale on the 28th Feb.
[/quote]

I can yell "BAAAAAAAAAAALLL!!" louder than an irate Collingwood supporter, and I am willing to put this noise behind whatever team my next beer is coming from. 

clontaago link said:

[/quote]

Nah mate, but at some point thru winter I'll have to go to Swan Hill so I might coincide it with a Blues blockbuster. 

Matabele link said:
[quote author=clontaago link=topic=176935.msg178234#msg178234 date=1203489048]

[/quote]

Nah mate, but at some point thru winter I'll have to go to Swan Hill so I might coincide it with a Blues blockbuster. 
[/quote]

Swan Hill hey. Half the population moved out because the "O"ey closed down.

clontaago link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=176935.msg178248#msg178248 date=1203544354]
[quote author=clontaago link=topic=176935.msg178234#msg178234 date=1203489048]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Swan Hill hey. Half the population moved out because the "O"ey closed down.

[/quote]  Huh?????

probably the pub just over the river trading under NSW law is squeezing the ones on the Victorian side.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8