Isn't there a new rule for long-serving players like Beaver

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Who

Journey Man
I thought that from next season there was dispensation in the cap for long-serving players, like Lockyer and Beaver.
I can't believe we haven't the money to make him some sort of offer.
What about paying him for taking on a coaching role, and then match payments?
Surely he's be just as much value to Channel Nine as Lockyer, who is being sponsored for $40,000 next year - and speaks in a inaudible whisper.
I posed a question on 'Ask Lowie' four weeks ago if we were spending to the cap limit, but he has never answered it.
Are we seriously Maxed-out (pun intended)?
It's a travesty that we can't get Manly's greatest ever utility players back to the club. 

Lockyer does not speak in an "inaudible whisper". He has that big husky voice like Gary Larson has. They should do a duet of Bette Davis Eyes.
I agree with you that he needs to be involved in the club is some form if he is not playing in the ESL. He also needs to be groomed to be a future CEO. Just my opinion. But I would love to see him running around for the next 5 years. I would genuinely put in $1000 to see him play anohter season and use that money for a cash payment that the NRL dont need to kow about.

Great post Barry.
$55k is the minimum amount any NRL registered player earns.
I like your idea of paying beaver the 55k and giving him a coaching/mentoring/talent scout role and make up the salary difference that way?

I've given it a rest but a couple of months ago I was banging on (repeatedly) about us not spending up to the maximum level of the salary cap.
Not sure if it's true or not. Also not sure why if it is true. One can only form their own conclusions.

The long serving allowance is for consecutive service at which beaver has none and no doubt they have used that money on players like king and watmough by now anyway

Beaver is the kind of player that should hold a role in the NRL somewhere due to his longevity and squeaky clean image

I have no doubt manly has had to upgrade contracts for lots of players and its had a massive impact on there cap but i have to say it doesn't sound right to me. but in reality they must be paying really big dollars for Lyon, and choc and stewie as the rest are good players but shouldn't command top dollar
.Kite may be getting a bit but doubtful he is getting his original sign on fee
In fact Rose, Rodney are on little bucks as are cross and Joe N, Cherry wouldn't be on much and there is no guarantees foran will even be at manly. That leaves king, ballin, stewie, Baily, robbo, matai, Wolfie,, seu seu,hoppa, whare, buhrer, possibly Harrison and lussick and 2 or  3 others ( foran dependant) possibly from within to make up the top 25 and the cap for next year

You know there is a question that's been bugging me for some time and when I look at the squad I ask myself again and keep it to myself as well

No perry, farrer, and hodko. Wonder how much they were offering Orford ???????

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6