Is time travel possible?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Forget for a moment the fact that time is an abstract concept, do you think it is possible to travel through "time".

Many of you should have had time to read <a href='http://www.johntitor.com' target='_blank'>http://www.johntitor.com</a> by now and if you havent its worth a read, it an apparrent "true" story of a time traveller who came back into our time.

Now lets look at a few things

- If time travel is possible, is it possible to go back in time to before the time machine was invented?

- Is it possible to go back in time before your birth?

- is it possible to go forward in time to after your death?

I suggest you really think about those before answering because they are actually very interesting quetions when you look beneath the surface of them

There is also the concern that if it is possible what if one changes the future?
What if, say, you step on an ant, that was going to bite a bird, that was going to land on a branch, where an apple was going to fall and then inspire Newton?
But what if you were meant to step on an ant that was going to bite a wolf or something, anger that creature and make it attack your grandfather, killing him as a child and thereby making sure you don't exist?

So I think the real question is, getting over all the fluff about geing back in time etc... should we be stepping on ants now???

I have 12 schooners and travel back to my childhood, or is that just Behaving like it? :D

lol @ Fro

Hopium Causality is something of a concern, but if you take the worldline theory it shouldnt matter

Merely a theory... I just wanna know wether or not I should be killing ants...

Anyways... time is a construct of the human imagination (lunchtime doubly so). But to get back into the past... Is it the trouser legs of time or is time a mobius loop? Or maybe it is forever changing and there is no reality. Can the future be forseen? My ancestors thought so... Am I more enlightened?

And... oh dear I've gone cross-eyed.

And who needs alcohol to behave like a kid? I never want to grow up! LOL

Have a look at Back to the Future - it has already been done Zap you idiot. :wink:

lol, how good was that south park last week

"it appears this time portal works on Terminator rules, that is you can go one way but not back, as opposed to Back to the future rule where you can go back and forth, and time writer rules whihc were just lain stupid"

But what happens when a statis field leaks? You know, preserving a time period?
Is the time running on a continuous loop? And I wonder what would happen if you add a new element into the mix...

Oh, did you see the Inquisitor ep in Red Dwarf?

yup, the old stasis leak.

Lets not mix theories here.

Part of my question though if thought aboutbrings this up

How do you maintian your own stasis through time travel. How can I travel to before my birth or the invention of the time machine?

Hmmmmm... sheer dumb luck?

Yeah, well I dunno how to prevent living particles from being affected by time... But I'm sure as soon as someone finds a way to prevent aging there'll be a few cosmetic companies put out of business.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4