Is there a doctor in the house?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Don't the players sign some waiver that they knowingly play a contact sport?

Unless the NRL are deemed to be criminally negligent, hard to see how they could be culpable in cases of serious injury :nerd:

I understand what you are saying but the legal system is like a can of worms and there are always loop holes where those worms can get through

Last edited:
UFC no issue. Can't see why League or any other contact sport can't continue with an evolution of care for players (which is not a bad thing).

Union, which is an inferior game IMHO, have installed a simple "no contact to the head" rule which players adhere to (accidental or not). It resulted in an NZ sent off. Pretty simple stuff. It hasn't reduced the contest in any way.

I've said it before, and I know it's not necessarily a popular position, but I think Gould would make a great CEO of the NRL. He has his favourites (obviously) but I guarantee his love for the game (that we love) would work for the benefit of the game's future. I think he approaches things in an honest pragmatic way as opposed to a political reactionary way.

I understand what you are saying but the legal system is like a can of worms and there are always loop holes where those worms can get thought
The legal system is not and never has been about justice. It’s always been about who can and cannot pay.

images

rxBziGprllFfrOjgrnOPJi9EETGwmiYsjwlS_ENbC9M.jpg

There may be a class action for concussions but in terms of serious injury, anyone who's studied law in the last 15 years would have likely looked at McCracken v Melbourne Storm in torts. For serious injury you'd look at how it came about and whether the elements of negligence are there. If I recall correctly, duty of care between players in sports is fairly settled law from some rugby and old VFL cases...

There may be a class action for concussions but in terms of serious injury, anyone who's studied law in the last 15 years would have likely looked at McCracken v Melbourne Storm in torts. For serious injury you'd look at how it came about and whether the elements of negligence are there. If I recall correctly, duty of care between players in sports is fairly settled law from some rugby and old VFL cases...

I’m doing torts right now!!! Only in week four of the semester however, but hope to come across it haha!

I’m doing torts right now!!! Only in week four of the semester however, but hope to come across it haha!
Torts is all flow charts. If you have open book exams that's all you need. Failing that reference the snail in the ginger beer...

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8