Is there a coach as bad as Ricky

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The really sad thing about all of this is it is exactly what everyone predicted would happen when Stuart announced he was leaving Parramatta and moving back to the Raiders.

The guy won ONE premiership....12 years ago. Since then he's managed to lose Origin series (and it took a plea for Joey to save NSW in another).....and in 2008 he coached Australia to its first World Cup Final loss since 1972.

Other than 2008, Cronulla went backwards under his coaching, while it took him to leave Parramatta for the Eels to crawl off the bottom of the ladder....a position the Ricky Stuart coached Canberra Raiders are now in a fight to avoid.

Ricky Stuart's prowess as a coach is a myth. But for some reason there are still some rugby league officials out there who seem to think he's Bozo, Jack Gibson, Wayne Bennett and Tim Sheens all rolled into one supercoach package.

Which all makes me laugh when I read reports that Snake is being linked to Canberra because he played Origin under Stuart. If we did do the unthinkable and release Snake, he's more likely to end up with Des at the Scumdogs (who are in desperate need of a class fullback), than he is to move to Canberra to play under Sticky.

Yes, somewhere out there is a coach as bad as Ricky. He may not be human. We may not even recognise him as a life form but he is as bad as Ricky.......almost.

As a resident of the ACT, i feel sorry for the Raiders but equally can't stand them. Have a look at what one fan uses as his signature on the Raiders Forum;

The warning has arrived and all must fear his dark arrival! Ricklactus, the Devourer Of Clubs, is headed towards Canberra... and we’re on his menu!

If ever Manly try and sign him, I'm handing my membership back in and departing for good.

Don't forget his one Premiership was with Gus Gould calling ALL the shots!!

Feel very sorry for the Faders fans, they actually deserve a lot better.

By the way if they fall over Croker would be a fair replacement for Killer, he's not bad in a poor side and can kick a ball!!

Mark from Brisbane said:
If ever Manly try and sign him, I'm handing my membership back in and departing for good.

Don't forget his one Premiership was with Gus Gould calling ALL the shots!!

Feel very sorry for the Faders fans, they actually deserve a lot better.

Exactly.

I also blame Stuart for John Cartwright's poor coaching abilities as he learnt the trade under Stuart at the Chooks before he won the coaching job with the Titans.

Surely the Raiders club will bring this situation to an end in the off season. It cannot continue - they are the laughing stock of the league. :(

Sticky is the laughing stock of Australian sport at the moment. ::s

Even Willo and Ricky cannot beat Max Krillich's coaching record in 1991 Manly reserve grade team which didn't won a game.

Oi, dont knock Max - he's one of my heroes, but i didn't remember about that.
He may have to make way for Tooves soon. And Les B may have to make way for Skivvs. I've promised myself not to go over 2 lines. :)

@Mark from Brisbane.....in addition to Gus calling the shots at the Rorters when Stuart won the 2002 premiership, he had a very good team that Graham Murray had built up over the previous three seasons. And although they made the GF in 2003 and 2004......they lost those. The Rot was already setting into his coaching.

Ricky Stuart was a very talented halfback in his day, one of the best and its a pity that his playing career came at the same time as Allan Langer's because he did deserve to play more tests than the ones he did on the 1990 and 1994 Kangaroo tours. As a coach though....well, lets just stick with him once being a good player.

-----------------------------------------------

@"HoldenV8",

Just letting you know that as Mark has a multi-word username, if you want to tag him correctly, you have to type the tag like:

@""Mark from Brisbane""

to get it to link correctly like:

@"Mark from Brisbane"

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7