Is State-of-Origin heading for extinction?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Who

Journey Man
Anyone watching Doesn’tmatta play would be forgiven for thinking it was the Fijian national side.
When watching Easts it’s tantamount to a NZ representative team. The point I’m trying to make is that there are less and less NSW and Queensland born players making first grade these days so how much longer will the State of Origin series be relevant? Will it revert to a secondary concept, like the City V Country who cares-athons?
I’m surprised at the speed with which Polynesian and NZ born players have dominated the NRL.
Is rugby league God’s way of ensuring New Zealanders and Polynesians have careers?

The Polynesian players will dominate, but so many of them are Australians of Polynesian heritage, it only comes down to an issue of race and not nationality.
We all hope that is not an issue then, don't we kiddies.

I haven't watch a SOO game in more than a decade so I guess for me it is already extinct.

Sorry, but this is moot point, because Homo Sapiens-Sapiens (Human Race) is headed for extinction.

7.5 Billion and rising, and how much resources are we all chomping through, and how long could the planet reasonably sustain that ?

We just need enough time for MWSE to win another 8 Premierships.

I don't think it'll last with the current eligibility rules and format, but it will never completely die

EagleFromMay1967 said:
Sorry, but this is moot point, because Homo Sapiens-Sapiens (Human Race) is headed for extinction.

7.5 Billion and rising, and how much resources are we all chomping through, and how long could the planet reasonably sustain that ?

We just need enough time for MWSE to win another 8 Premierships.
When that happens we can have real cockroaches and cane toads playing.
The rats will still referee, so no change there.

Fiji and New Zealand are in Qld anyway so it won't change much IMO

Ralphie said:
I haven't watch a SOO game in more than a decade so I guess for me it is already extinct.
I'm with Ralphie on this one, hate SOO, hate all the hype surrounding it, and I hate on how it impacts on the rest of the competition, it's just a money making machine for the NRL and channel 9

I find it embarrassing how all these NZ and Fijian's want to play for Queensland. Don't they have any National pride? I know Queensland is the superior State and everyone seems to develop inferiority complexes once they have been here and experienced the beauty and tough, easy going lifestyle, but Jeeez....be proud of your own backyards people.

GO THE BLUES!!!!

Every coach would want their star players to get through the origin period uninjured. It makes sense to try and make sure those star players are not NSW or Qlders.

U watch a change in Parramatta's policy whilst Arthur is in charge...3 years on will be huge difference

You gotta laugh at origin.

I heard Tallis on the radio saying he was talking to a fellow former qlder, and they reckon Mason and Anasta should be in the Origin team.

They have been doing this stuff for 20 years, and the stupid NSW selectors pick these niff nuffs. Some other examples are Soward, Snowden, Wallace and about a dozen others.

Frogz said:
U watch a change in Parramatta's policy whilst Arthur is in charge...3 years on will be huge difference

What do you mean? Are you saying that Doesn'tmatta will have some white faces in their team in three years (apart from David Gower).

bob dylan said:
You gotta laugh at origin.

I heard Tallis on the radio saying he was talking to a fellow former qlder, and they reckon Mason and Anasta should be in the Origin team.

They have been doing this stuff for 20 years, and the stupid NSW selectors pick these niff nuffs. Some other examples are Soward, Snowden, Wallace and about a dozen others.
I can tell you this, they are extremely excited about Pearce being selected again. They are very wary of Brooks however. I would go for broke if I was Daley and select Brooks at 6 and Reynolds at 7. At the very least I'd put Brooks on the bench. He exudes confidence for such a young player. He is the Blues future and may very well push Cherry for the Australian number 7 spot. He reminds me of DCE when he first got a crack at the NRL. Tough, confident and smart.

I did mention a couple of weeks ago that I'd have Tedesco at fullback if I was Daley, but I'm starting to think his career may go the same way as Duggan. Injury wise, not all the other crap.

state of origin has been extinct for some time. Qld started it and Qld killed it. Its really just about the maroons v blues now.The sooner we all just grow up and admit that its not about the states anymore the better for the game.We only dress it up these days for the cash

Ive always disliked Meninga. Thought he was a lazy prick who played many more rep games than he deserved because of politics. But even as a record winning coach he is destroying the concept faster than ever before. The super league speech just said more about meninga than it did about the ARL

Really we should just pick 2 captains and a coach and they take it in turns to select one player each from the NRL until they have a squad of 30. Give them all a key to the till, 2 pie vans, free waxing for life and a job as a K K c conom com common tata.............. talky bloke on big bucks

The kiwis get the rest

I have virtually zero interest in origin. Just as long as no Manly boys get injuries. Unsure if it's headed for extinction but nothing else matters besides the Sea Eagles, so maybe it's extinct in my eyes by default.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6