Is Randal a thing of the past?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

fLIP

UFO Hunter
MANLY hooker Chad Randall is prepared to break his family's 35-year association with the club and move on if the Sea Eagles fail to make him a reasonable offer by the end of next month.

The 24-year-old rake, who recently became a father, will more than likely test his worth on the open market once the June 30 anti-tampering deadline passes.

The Randall name has been synonymous with the Sea Eagles since 1970 when local junior Terry Randall joined the club as a speedy centre.

"Igor" later switched to the second-row and went on to become one of rugby league's genuine hardmen throughout the 1970s and 80s.

But there will be no room for sentiment when the Sea Eagles sift through their 2006 recruitment and retention roster, with Randall no certainty to be re-signed.

"There are a lot of family ties to the club and a long history there but in today's game you've only got a short period of time and you've got to do what's best for you and your family," Chad Randall said yesterday.

"If it came down to me having to leave then I suppose that's what would happen.

"Obviously I'd like to stay but I might have to go to June 30 and see what's out there.

"But I'll let my manager work through all that. At the moment my main goal is just to play consecutive matches."

Randall has waged a two-year battle with Shayne Dunley for the hooking spot and hasn't seen much game time this season.

Dunley is also off contract and it's unclear whether the Sea Eagles would sign both players to new deals.

"We've got ongoing dialogue with Chad and his manager and ongoing dialogue with Shayne and his manager," Manly executive director Paul Cummings said last night.

Meanwhile, Cummings has given his strongest indication yet that skipper Michael Monaghan will be re-signed within the next few days.

Monaghan's manager Jim Banaghan returned from New Zealand yesterday and will re-enter talks with the club as soon as possible after negotiations stalled earlier this month.

"Michael's pretty relaxed about it and so are we," Cummings said.

"We'll take it from there as soon as we meet with his manager again."

i guess you cant sign everyone in this day of the salary cap. Whiel we as supporters would like to see every high quality player be chased by the club, that money has to be free'd up at the other end somewhere!

Well it appears he has been offered something - but he is money hungry.

Wait until june 30 and the shock of his life when he cant get much more at all.

I don't know whether it is lack of talent or hard work or what it is but Chad hasn't made the impact that he could have. This is what counts when it comes to contract negotiations. I don't know what Craig Wing commands, and considering their many lifestyle choices that are similiar, I know who I would pick if given a choice.
<span class='smallblacktext'>[ Edited Fri May 20 2005, 07:15AM ]</span>

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4