Is Phil Jaques the new Graham Hick

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Stiffi

Reserve Grader
Phil Jaques plunders domestic and grade bowlers everywhere but just can't seem to step up to the International Level, is he destined to be another Graham Hick??????

i would suggest giving the guy a chance.

He has had 1 good innings in his first 6 - its hard where you are in and out constantly. Hodge's highest score after 7 innings was 59. since then he has two 90's and a 49 in 5 innings.

Pontings first 8 innings yielded just 1 half century - 68.

Fair call Fluffy. I have been a big Jaques fan for a while and I for one really hope he does succeed. I wasn't too happy that he has been dropped for the 1 Dayer in NZ today!!

Finally the Aussies get the batting order right.

Watson and Hayden opening. Watson hits a quick fire 68 and the Aussies are 1/123.

Line up for the World Cup should be:

Watson
Hayden
Ponting
Clarke
Hodge
Hussey
Gilchrist
Lee
Tait
McGrath
Bracken
Hogg (12th Man)

with symmods for hodge once fit and i'll take it. Braken to play if the balls are swinging but over there i think Tait will be the better option.

I would still consider white for hodge with hussey becoming a floater, just imagine what white and gilly could do in the last 10 over there. White's bowling needs work, however i see value in his 40's off 20 at the end and his abilty to clear the fence on the smaller carribean grounds could be very valuable.

Haddin as just a batsman may be worth a look, in form this season and getting runs again today was 3 off 10 and now 30 off 24, so his last 27 came off 14. The perfect partner for haydos who is cruising at about 5 an over

I can't stand Hogg- he's farken useless - what happened to blooding younger players- I thought the SA spinner might have got a look in (Dan Cullen I think his name is)- I'd rather McGill than Hogg but that obviously was never going to happen!

Dan Cullen can't even get a run with SA in front of Cullen Bailey. Cullen has gone down hill faster than Richard Villasanti

Matthew Haydeb you ****ing champion!!! 181 not out, highest ODI score by an aussie

Glad to see Haydos get the record, showed the selectors erred in dropping him in the first place!!

Very tiny ground though, 10 sixers is an Australian record, Symo has 9 - International record is 11 by Afridi & Jayasuriya

I can't stand Hogg- he's farken useless - what happened to blooding younger players- I thought the SA spinner might have got a look in (Dan Cullen I think his name is)- I'd rather McGill than Hogg but that obviously was never going to happen!

If MacGill had learnt to shut his mouth years ago he would probably have played a lot more games.

very true clon

one thing about todays game, dont be suprised to see the world record for sixes go, 26 in a game is it, we clobbered 17

The ground is probably a similar size to those that will be used in the world cup. It would be nice to see some tight bowling when the kiwis start slogging.

A few lucky breaks our way early and this game could end up a big win and a much needed confidence boost for us ahead of the WC.

the were a few breaks early mostly in the form of wides and leg byes. Tait has come back though with 2 wickets, it will be interesting to see how many more he gets.

Just as i type Braken gets Taylor, its now 3/38 - if we cant win from here we are in big trouble

fark me - that was ****

27 extras - id take lee in there, he is not worse with a better strike rate and economy

how can you lose from 4/45 needs another 302?

Watson conceeding the 12 most runs ever and johnson only 8 runs behind is how

Hogg goes for less than 6 an over and only gets 7 overs.
Voges goes for 10 in his first, 9 in his second and gets a third over which goes for 14.
Watson and Johnson going for over 10 each after their first spells still get their full 10 overs and finish up going for a horrible 8+ an over.

Some **** bowling and poor captaincy.

Hayden was awesome after he broke his toe, hope he is ok, scored his last 80 of 50 or something like that.

Jaques is a good player but he shouldn't have even been over there, he was flown over at the last minute when they had Watson, Haddin and Hussey who are capable enough to open and then they could have used Voges in the middle.

Jaques will probably be a good player for Australia but he needs an extended run instead of filling in here and there.

i too feel that hussey's captaincy hasnt been all that good.

As the kiwis only scored 10 sixes the ball was stoppable by fielders a lot of the time, he probably wasnt setting great fields for his bowlers. Bowlers are somehwat to blame as well but you dont have 2 gaes in a row where only one bowler can be ok economy wise and Mcgrath not being that 1.

Hussey took the foot off the pedal and allowed the kiwis to resettle after being 4/40. He should have kept Tait and Bracken in the attack and bowled them both out. It was a huge total and should have been defended.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6