Is our season over ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Is our season over ?

• No i still think we can win 3 from our last 4

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes our season is over

• Undecided

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
sorry but Jethro's suggestion did make sense, and the poll is clearer now at a glance

niccipops link said:
Listen Sea Eagle fans, don't be pessimists or realists for that matter, just be one-eyed. Our form has sucked for a couple of weeks and teams below us are certainly picking up,  though a lot of our close opposition has tough matches ahead.
Whether we make the 8 or not depends on the Eagle boys as well as the results of those positioned from 5th to 12th.
It's going to be tough but it's not over yet. Have faith in Dessie and B.Stewy's back in round 25.

Playing like we have all year we dont deserve to be in the finals let alone go back to back. We have not put a full quality 80 minutes together all year

Fro link said:
you shoudl get a job with the labor party changing parameters like that mid stream Dan :)

Maybe I already have one

Thanks Dan. I have now voted since the 3rd option has been added.

I wonder how many others were "Undecided" who voted before the option was added?

To Dan, i'm not talking about whether the boys deserve to make the finals or not, i'm just a one-eyed life-long fan who wants my team to make the finals regardless. The back to back dream went out the window a long time ago. Come on Eagle boys, get your act together and make the finals.

As I've said I still think the lads can turn their current form around and win at least three from four of our remaining games before the start of the finals. But 4 from 4 would be that much sweeter.

That said this weeks game against the Roosters should be a good indication to how well we can turn things around ?. We should beat them and i hope we can put em to sleep early. It will not only help keep us in the hunt, but hopefully it will restore some confidence and balance in the team.

GO MANLY

missing_something link said:
with Orford re-signing I'm worried about the next 3 years.

I just hope we don't lose either Foran or Hodkinson as a result ? I've only watched Trent Hodkinson in one game and while it's hard to say how he will go in the NRL people have said good things about him. Foran however has played very well so far in the NRL games Des has put him in and we need to sign him up.

plenty of teams in the top 8 dont deserve to be there

we beat the dogs in a tough one and got ripped against the gold coast. Thos 2 games against the top 4 say we should be in the next lot as much as any other team

one word............ LUCK, if u got it ur there if not ur where we are, we had it last year and the bounce went our way at times (as it has to in any sport to win a titile) and we dont have it so far this year.

'Luck', my arsse.  Last year we played tough hard footie.  Hit it up the middle and then to the flanks.  We played a patient grinding style.  This year we've paniced, laid down and been run over to any times. 

DSM5 we did have a lot of luck last year and the bounce of the ball, not just literally makes a huge difference. We got the bounce of the ball a lot last year, and we made our own luck too

Good teams make or create their own luck, last year we were a very giood team and any "luck" we got was deserved or earnt.

This season has seen us run with the pack, we are a class below Saints, Melbourne & half a class below the Bulldogs, the rest including us are fairly even and on any given day any of the rest willl beat the others in that pack. As far as beating the leading 3, we or any anyone else for that matter will need a good share of luck.

AND desire Pete!!

And desire....for whatever reason I'm not 100% convinced it's there.

At the end of the days there's a fanny's hair between many players skill levels, luck does play a part but you have to desire the win.

When they ran down the tunnel of the Olympic Stadium last year on Grand Final Day you could see that desire etched in their faces.

Sorry but I don't see that there now!!

eagle_predator link said:
It would be interesting to know what the total penalties we got against us for seasons 08/09 ? Is there any way to find out.

Chief, here are the figures up to an including round 21 for 2008 and 2009

Penalties Against
2008 - 146
2009 - 115

Penalties For
2008 - 139
2009 - 123

FYI:

We won 8 penalty counts
We lost 9 penalty counts
We tied 4 penalty counts

We won 13 penalty counts