Is Mestrov really our Messiah?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
All good but people who want to dig stuff up so they can crap on people to build themselves up aren’t people imo to be held in any form of high regard, kind of bottom of the barrel. I hope that’s not silvertails mate….gee if Mestrov ends up being a dud which is still possible the last thing I would want to do is make an effort to dig up info on the people that disagrees to rub it in thats school yard kind of stuff. Loserville imo.
Just pointing out it’s been like that for years , however ( and everyone must remember this ) it’s an opinion forum and as I said , everyone’s got one !!!

I’m not sure whoever dragged this up is specifically targeting you , remember we are encouraged to not create multiple threads about the same topic!!

Meh I've no issue with digging up posts, its a continuation of a topic.

People have some fairly opposing views on topics so always interesting to see things land.

Also....if I get to the stage where Im offended about a random name on a screen calling out my random name on a screen then I know it is time to pause and take stock of things.

Just pointing out it’s been like that for years , however ( and everyone must remember this ) it’s an opinion forum and as I said , everyone’s got one !!!

I’m not sure whoever dragged this up is specifically targeting you , remember we are encouraged to not create multiple threads about the same topic!!
I am not really upset about it. I will survive., life is short. Just makes one less enthusiastic about participating on the forum… knowing some are that petty….

I am not really upset about it. I will survive., life is short. Just makes one less enthusiastic about participating on the forum… knowing some are that petty….
I had a 6 month break last year , did me the world of good.

What you need to do is block the people who piss you off , it’s simple to do.

It’s no different to Social Media in general , some nasty people out there too.

Such is life these days.

What's an ironside?

Is that supposed to be suggesting someone is thick? I'm falling into a trap here, aren't I? @:)
From the Silvertails Memes page:

Ironstines/Ironstine:

This is a classic example of thinking before you criticize. In an attempt belittle the people that run Silvertails.net one user "Pontian Sea Eagle" posted the following in this thread

"By the way the ironstines that run this forum should have deleted it before the thread went any further."

Clearly this user was trying to call us "Einsteins" and attempt to use sarcasm to call us stupid, however in one of the most spectacular backfires in the history of the internet, dear Pontian completely misspelled Einstein. Whether this was done on purpose, or whether this was done due to stupidity we may never know, but it has spawned a mini phenomena on Silvertails.net and you will oft see in multiple thread people being called "Ironstine". It's meaning is obvious and it's impact is hilarity and will go down in the annals as one of the more brilliantly funny terms ever coined on this site

From the Silvertails Memes page:

Ironstines/Ironstine:

This is a classic example of thinking before you criticize. In an attempt belittle the people that run Silvertails.net one user "Pontian Sea Eagle" posted the following in this thread

"By the way the ironstines that run this forum should have deleted it before the thread went any further."

Clearly this user was trying to call us "Einsteins" and attempt to use sarcasm to call us stupid, however in one of the most spectacular backfires in the history of the internet, dear Pontian completely misspelled Einstein. Whether this was done on purpose, or whether this was done due to stupidity we may never know, but it has spawned a mini phenomena on Silvertails.net and you will oft see in multiple thread people being called "Ironstine". It's meaning is obvious and it's impact is hilarity and will go down in the annals as one of the more brilliantly funny terms ever coined on this site
Thanks Stuey, I really had no idea. 👍

Meh I've no issue with digging up posts, its a continuation of a topic.

People have some fairly opposing views on topics so always interesting to see things land.

Also....if I get to the stage where Im offended about a random name on a screen calling out my random name on a screen then I know it is time to pause and take stock of things.
Meh, my opinion on Baz from the start was he was a waste of space. Got bagged for it endlessly. Proved right in the end. My opinion on sideboard is the same. I'm waiting to be proved wrong. So far he has punted all the future talent on the hope of payday from oldies from other clubs. May well work but we'll have to wait & see.. I'll be waving the Manly flag but I'm not confident in this blokes ability.

All good but people who want to dig stuff up so they can crap on people to build themselves up aren’t people imo to be held in any form of high regard, kind of bottom of the barrel. I hope that’s not silvertails mate….gee if Mestrov ends up being a dud which is still possible the last thing I would want to do is make an effort to dig up info on the people that disagrees to rub it in thats school yard kind of stuff. Loserville imo.
If you read the post that reboots the thread they specifically state that it is in no way to throw shade your way but the last thread about Mestrov.

If you read the post that reboots the thread they specifically state that it is in no way to throw shade your way but the last thread about Mestrov.
I not referring specifically to that post but it kind of does. Btw, I am sure the mods would not have any issue in someone starting a more generic thread on Mestrov. It would seem ridiculous that every comment in the future about him has to be in this thread which is specifically negative towards him in its title but i suspect both yourself and the initial poster also know this too :)

Block those that annoy mate - i have half a dozen pests blocked.
Agree 100% Mr Zimmerman. For the first time I recently blocked one particular spam-prolific poster and my Silvertails experience has changed from a frequently frustrating one to a thing of beauty as a result. I can’t recommend blocking highly enough!

Last edited:
I not referring specifically to that post but it kind of does. Btw, I am sure the mods would not have any issue in someone starting a more generic thread on Mestrov. It would seem ridiculous that every comment in the future about him has to be in this thread which is specifically negative towards him in its title but i suspect both yourself and the initial poster also know this too :)
Pretty sure you can edit the title.

thanks to some great advice form @Disco and @Mark from Brisbane I have changed the title of this thread. I did not know I could do this…. Anyway I think this title is more appropriate as some here seem to think he is our messiah. I am personally not yet convinced and happy to be wrong. I don’t think the current situation with schuster is a stroke of genius by any stretch of the imagination. People are asking why in the hell did we even extend him last year at top elite money? A player who has only played 50 FG games. Also I don’t think the media we are getting now and will get in the future on this will be helpful to us at all during the season as this situation could get quite ugly…. Anyway I will judge him and Seibold on where we finish at the end of the year. Anything outside the top 8 is a big fat fail for me….especially with all the PR and self promoting that has being going on during the off season….

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8