Is Matai Serious???

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Matai has busted a gut for our club.

If he sees his future elsewhere in 2016, then he goes with my best wishes.

We have to consider that Steve is, at best, signing priority number 3. How much does he want to stay ? Other clubs might pay more to buy his experience and good luck to them. But I can't see Joe Kelly throwing the bank at him to stay. Nor should he.

All we ask Steve, is that you don't tarnish what is a great legacy. The fans and your team mates respect you and the contribution you've made. Don't spoil it by carrying on.

Yep these clowns make it so hard 2 look forward 2 a season any more. I give Matai some credit at least he is being honest unlike Mr Foran. I'm sitting out 2015 I don't need 2 follow a great team I just want a team of players who want 2 be here. The only thing holding some players here is a contract they seem 2 want 2 destroy the club on the way out. I've followed the club since 1970 and I've never seen such a bunch of self entitled players great players some of them but I won't be sorry 2 see them go.

winnyason said:
Look I had chat will dad 12 months ago we both thought gifty would be let go given our halfs up for contract. The way it was handled by toovs, perry and Phil Sidney caused the ****storm.
We would not have had choc leave (who I believe should have been let go at any stage), the still ongoing rumbles of matai and snake.
I have grave concerns we have a coach who has lost control and respect of playing group now in any sport that means coaches goes. The questions must be asked.
Why let a guy go who is in top 5 centres in game, does everyone have forgotten killers nearly Gold Coast signing do we ride him?
Every one seems a bit emotional and precious these days some of you guys needs to take off your skirts for ruggers, it's part of game.

Im sorry that post was very hard to follow???? Im not sure what you are trying to say.

For the record, Lyon never said a word. Some muppet journo concocted the story not him. Matai has started this crap all he had to say was the usual, "Im focused on a big year at Manly and the contract stuff is for the Managers" then do whatever deal you want and announce it in June well before the finals and disappear into mediocrity with a pocket full of cash.

I spell it out conau I believe our coach is bigger issue than this it will snowball when foran and matai go and snake continues to ask for release.

again Manly should say to them both,is there any point in negotiating a new deal for you,or would we be wasting our time as the deal is done somewhere else,instead of putting the club through another year like last year,Im over it too

When Jamie Lyon and Ballin start a sooking campaign like this, then i will be worried about Tooves. Something tells me Killer and Ballin have a different attitude than the likes of Watmough. I reckon they are sick of all this garbage too.

winnyason said:
I spell it out conau I believe our coach is bigger issue than this it will snowball when foran and matai go and snake continues to ask for release.

Ok i get what you are saying now. I think you are wrong but I understand your point.

I reckon Lyon and Ballin are in the Toovey camp and that would be enough for me.

I am absolutely sick of this crap, as others have stated the season has not even started yet but here we have a player contracted until the end of 2015 openly stating that another club would be "a good option".

Sorry but this is just really aggrivating to read, did he say anything nice about Manly at all? You know, the club that he is currently with, the one that has given him so much, the Mighty Sea Eagles.

Seriously there needs to be media protocol big time. And quite frankly I am not impressed at all, I love hearing how players love Manly and want to be here. I do not want to hear publicly that players want out of the club for money or family or whatever the reason may be when they are contracted to the club.

There needs to be a major attitude overhaul with certain players. They either want to play for Manly or they don't, if they dont then they can rack off. As a fan I have supported the club through many ups and downs and I truly bleed maroon. I expect the players to respect the club and the fans that ultimately pay for their wages.

This is just very disappointing and I dont want to see a disjointed team this year or players that can't wait for the year to end so they can get out the door.

Can someone please at the Mighty Sea Eagles head office get this sorted out once and for all??? And do whatever it takes and that includes action right across the board, any coaching staff, administration, contractors, ball boys/girls as well as any players involved...!!!

I see your point too killer is always supported coach and matty b.
I feel sorry for toovs he has inherited a **** fight Hasler may have seen coming. The thing that disappoints did matty johns carry on like this or the players we he was cut in 2000.
I can see toovs as another casualty of this war it it toovs and management v senior playing group and foran.

Club and Matai should get their heads together and resolve this asap. If a statement came out tomorrow saying he will not be here in 2016 the thats great both the the club as well as Matai. As good as he is we will have players stepping up in 2016 and it also gives Steve the chance to play his guts for the final year at Manly. I have no issue with Matai wanting to move on , good luck to him.

He just had his best season, but not sure he could keep the young guys in reserves by 2016. Thanks for the memories steve

I really thought this crap was over when Big mouth buggered off to the worms.

The line in the sand has to be drawn. You are either committed or you are not, If you want out leave now so the club, yeah that thing that has made you all famous can get on with life.

Matai has been a brilliant servant and if he can get a pay day so be it.

I have loved the last decade of watching the boys but I dont want one of these players who doesnt want to be there in the team.

Foran has a big call to make but it needs to be done soon one way or another, come on give the members something to be happy about cause this endless speculation and inuendo that he has signed with the worms is really unfair.

Joe Kelly needs to read the riot act to these guys cause the very thing they accuse the old regime of, a lack of respect. Is something they are showing to the members.

conanu said:
Dead set, there hasn't been a ball kicked in anger and Matai has decided to tell the press he's looking at moving to the Titans. FFS we just went through this crap with Watmough and now Matai is having a sook. Shut your mouth honour your contract and piss off after it if thats what you want, but dont drag the club through another year of bull**** and speculation. Its not like your playing reserve grade on bad money and we won't release you. What a jerk!

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/manly-sea-eagles/manly-sea-eagle-steve-matai-ponders-a-future-with-gold-coast-titans-or-new-zealand-warriors-20150108-12jktw.html

Settle down guys.

"It'd be a good option....
New Zealand's always an option..."

Staying where he is is an option too, but he doesn't need to state that.
It'll be his last contract so of course family and post footy career will weigh heavily in negotiations as well as $$.

He's put it out there in an interview and I'm sure our club knows where they stand, what's to say in all the brouhaha of last season that it hasn't already been discussed.
Just because we didn't let him walk out a year early doesn't mean we want him for another two years after next..the club needs to plan for the future....and all players near the end of their careers want to maximise their $$ and set in place post footy life.
Like Kitey, he may see more of an opportunity at another club after he hangs up the boots, and we all seem to forget they're a long time "retired".

God people are precious

To be honest it's probably best for all parties for Matai to move on after this year

He is an absolute legend but we cant hold Gutho and Tom back forever

Do what is best for yourself Steve

If Stevie can make it from Byron to Titans stadium in half an hour the coppers are going to be reducing that fat cheque pretty quickly.:D..big smiley face there, 'cause I am not giving one f@@k what they do off the field this year. The blinkers are on, and it looks beautiful!

Disco said:
God people are precious

To be honest it's probably best for all parties for Matai to move on after this year

He is an absolute legend but we cant hold Gutho and Tom back forever

Do what is best for yourself Steve

That is fine but what ****s people is Manly players continually talking about their issues in the media.

Do it behind closed doors like in Arko's days and no-one would complain.

We don't want to read this in tomorrows newspaper before the season even starts

I just want to see this selfishness end from our senior players, the values of the club are being tarnished by their grievances.

The clique that has been exposed needs to be fully removed if it continues to allow stuff to continue to bubble away and feed tidbits to the media who lap up any opportunity to tarnish our club.

Please boys make up your minds and let us all move on.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4