Is Marion Jones a cheat?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

byso

First Grader
The World Anti-Doping Agency chairman, Dick Pound, has called for a hearing into allegations that the American sprinter Marion Jones used performance-enhancing drugs.

Mr Pound referred to claims by Victor Conte, the founder of the Bay Area Laboratory Co-operative, that Jones used illegal performance-enhancing drugs before the Sydney Olympics in 2000.

[img:f1bd2a223a]http://www.smh.com.au/ffximage/2004/12/05/marionjones_narrowweb__200x293.jpg[/img:f1bd2a223a]

I'll take yes Eddie. 3 golds & 5 medals in total for 2000. Nada after.

She's gorrnskies.

There is too much circumstantial evidence to say she was. Her ex, the coach, the boyfriend, her performances etc. It all fits together. Mind you the rest of them all do as well. Very few Americans are clean at the top level. The Olmpics have never been too keen to get things clean out of fear of tarnishing their product!

CW its not jsut the yanks though. Plenty of athletes especially srpinters are on the stuff.

One big obvious one is the dutch swimmer inga de bruin. Was very very average - made 2 world class semis in her like and was getting on a bit for a female swimmer. Leaves the sport at 22-25 for a few years then comes back looking like a chinese swimmer and breaks world records. If you ask me she has done it the sensible way though, cant be a drug cheat if your not competing. Stops taking it before she competes again and is always clean.

I pose this question on marion jones - if she loses her gold who does it go to??

The second palce getter is the greek girl who skipped the drug test in athens.

inga de bruin is a joke as well. Good to see all the Aussies are clean??

So it goes to the 3rd place getter!

Sadly not proven but where there is smoke there is fire. Its amazing how her form has slipped since Sydney, although 4 years older etc it is hard to explaing. Like Flo Jo she got away with it and got the glory and the money..

I wont say all our athletes are clean.

Thorpe i think is - if youve met him he looks like a genetically mutated person that was designed to swim. His body is just designed to do that.

I have my doubts about Klim - the attitude and aggression are signs of roid use.

I would add the Greek Woman who Won the 400 Hurdles in Athens Came from absolutely Nowhere to smash the Current World champion Buy about 50 metres

Wheres theres Smoke......

I would add the Greek Woman who Won the 400 Hurdles in Athens Came from absolutely Nowhere to smash the Current World champion Buy about 50 metres

She smashed the World Champion (Jana Pittman) because she just came back from a serious knee injury.

I'm not saying yes or no about the greek chick but holding that as an example is hardly an accurate one.

[blockquote]I would add the Greek Woman who Won the 400 Hurdles in Athens Came from absolutely Nowhere to smash the Current World champion Buy about 50 metres

She smashed the World Champion (Jana Pittman) because she just came back from a serious knee injury.

I'm not saying yes or no about the greek chick but holding that as an example is hardly an accurate one.[/blockquote]

Jana Pittman isnt the world champ in this Event , its a Russian woman who was ranked Number 1 thats who i was referring too , Good idea if you do your research before you talk about anyone else's Inaccuraces

Did Flo Jo really get away with it? She died at what age?

40 years of life is a big price to pay for a little bit of gold plated metal.

She still holds the world womans 100 metre record so history will judge that she did

True.

But you have to look at almost all the sub ten records and wonder.

Would not suprise me if they all werent taking what they could get away with.

Agree - there are a lot of question marks over a lot of perforamances. Look at Michelle Smith the Irish swimmer she has still got her Olympic Golds. :evil:

Even a lot of Aussies IMO, liable laws prevent me from adding my bit re one of our most promient atheletes, which was told to my best mate on a flight back from Europe prior to the Athens games by arguably our greatest Olympian.

Can you hint at it. and let us guess.

your not liable if you dont say yes but you can say no to those who arnt it.

My best source is John Coates son, however they are the enemy when it comes to these things.

No not Coates related was famous athele of the past who may not have gone to Athens but mnay have attended pre Omplic festivites in Europe.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6