Kent is the biggest dribbler on TV.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
1. NRL 360 is the one of the many causes of this "circus" as it has been put. Perhaps the time is now to have some sort of actual footy discussion (knowing full well there is no chance of that)
2. Is that the first time news have reported anything on it?

Gossip, scuttlebut, hyperbole and the total creation of some false news drive media revenue these days more so than ever. Like gambling it’s funding a significant portion of the game.

I wonder if Josh Massoud has a vacancy in the Mr Whippy van for PK ?,imagine working with those 2 cranky c&%$s in a closed space.

I can see it now ........
Customer "can I please have some more sprinkles on my snow cone sir ?"
PK "f%$# off "
JM "yeah f%$# off c%%$t "

However this plays out I cant see him returning to Fox ,in fact I'm enjoying Gordie he knows the game and calls a spade a spade and doesn't appear to have pets or pariah's he wants to pat or prosecute
Anyways Go Manly

Last edited:
I wonder if Josh Massoud has a vacancy in the Mr Whippy van for PK ?,imagine working with those 2 cranky c&%$s in a closed space.

PK "f%$# off "

However this plays out I cant see him returning to Fox ,in fact I'm enjoying Gordie he knows the game and calls a spade a spade and doesn't appear to have pets or pariah's he wants pat or prosecute
Anyways Go Manly
If he is found not guilty I could understand him returning to his previous roles. If that was the case I would hope

1. The other person involved is okay (as okay as you can be i would expect after a situation such as this)
2. It makes him reflect and take different approach when this happens to the people in the code he overs

My guts feels that both of these scenarios are unlikey

It cracks me up that anyone is shocked by any of this cr*p or why anyone expects anything different from this footy show. We're talking about a Fox generated show and personalities. It is completely on brand to behave this way. It's what they do. It's what makes them money. No controversy, no viewers. They hire people to be pork chops coz that's what they want and need. Then when one of them actually turns out to be a real a*sehole (allegedly) some are shocked (or not shocked). The organisation is littered with these people. Sorry but it just makes me laugh that anyone cares. And I don't mean about the alleged assault, I'm talking about what any of these people have to say.

Last edited:
I liked when Anthony Maroon threw Kent & Hooper both under the bus on the radio show when he walked off.

He revealed Kent had been the last to leave an establishment the previous weekend & hinted at unsavoury behaviour outside the premises with other people.

He also revealed he’d been picking up Hooper & bringing him to & from the show for a year because Hooper had lost his licence. Unfortunately he didn’t mention how he lost his licence.

It cracks me up that anyone is shocked by any of this cr*p or why anyone expects anything different from this footy show. We're talking about a Fox generated show and personalities. It is completely on brand to behave this way. It's what they do. It's what makes them money. No controversy, no viewers. They hire people to be pork chops coz that's what they want and need. Then when one of them of them actually turns out to be a real a*sehole (allegedly) some are shocked (or not shocked). The organisation is littered with these people. Sorry but it just makes me laugh that anyone cares. And I don't mean about the alleged assault, I'm talking about what any of these people have to say.
I'd much prefer to watch FOX's coverage of rugby league than Nine's. Apart from their being no ads I think their presenters are much better quality and just better to listen to. Certainly their commentary teams are far better IMO. Yes, I'm not a massive fan of Kent's, but to characterise the rest of them as 'Pork Chops' is a bit much I reckon. They're hired to give opinions so that's pretty much what they do.

PK "f%$# off "

However this plays out I cant see him returning to Fox ,in fact I'm enjoying Gordie he knows the game and calls a spade a spade and doesn't appear to have pets or pariah's he wants pat or prosecute
Anyways Go Manly
yep, Kenty's time at Fox is done, even if he wins his case, the mud always sticks. Not sure if he has a future in TV or just normal jurno work anymore, that's the world we live in now.

The problem with Journalism and especially sports journalism is that the majority of them are just thick.

This comes from a position of working directly with them for over 25 years.

Don't get me wrong some are total professionals with a wealth of knowledge but in general the ones that make it to the top are the ones with little concious and actual real world knowledge. They are the ones that scream the loudest or do the dirty deals.

I've worked with many great reporters that stay in the shadows because they arnt egotistical narcissists. Kent and most of his mates fall directly into the latter category.

I'd much prefer to watch FOX's coverage of rugby league than Nine's. Apart from their being no ads I think their presenters are much better quality and just better to listen to. Certainly their commentary teams are far better IMO. Yes, I'm not a massive fan of Kent's, but to characterise the rest of them as 'Pork Chops' is a bit much I reckon. They're hired to give opinions so that's pretty much what they do.
And absolutely more power to you Chunky if you get something from watching it. It was my understanding we were talking about the 360 show so cant comment on Fox comm team. Didnt know Kent was on the comm team, so there you go. I've never paid to watch Fox on principle (but lets not go there) so I can only go on the bits I watch on youtube, read in the paper or read on this Forum (of which there is much). And I don't care much for Ch 9 either (altho I dont mind listening to Freddy and Johns). I also dont mind watching The Bloke in the Bar and Willie and Horo all on youtube. I find they give genuine views and insights into footy without any obvious agendas or concocted BS for the sake of it. And of course, I joined this Forum for your view and all the other folks - some I find very informative, some entertaining and some well ....... like me @:) Anyway .......... Go Manly!

If there is one thing I would take many current commentators to task for, it's the 'continually astounded' voice.

The 'have you ever seen that before' or similar - at an 80% increase in volume. Trying to periodically whip up excitement - or calling the game like it's the first one they've ever seen.

The Channel 9 commentators - Thompson & Psaltis - are particularly noticeable for this. They both sound like blokes from the local pub doing their first commentary stint - after they've each had a few beers. Amateurs.

The Fox commentators - the actual game commentators, not the 360 pundits - are ok by degrees. Parker & Ennis - I'd be happy never to hear them again, their particular bias in various directions are so strong. Warren Smith - ok I guess, Brandy = accurate most of the time. Voss = full of himself. Speed & Russell = chock full of bias towards particular teams. Ginnane - ok, just loose the 'gooooodbyyyyeee'......it's getting old quickly.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8