Is Joey a Sook ???

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Stevie

Reserve Grader
Taylor accepts Johns snub
By Steve Mascord
July 10, 2006

PARRAMATTA coach Jason Taylor said last night "it would have been nice" if Andrew Johns had stayed on the field to receive a presentation from him on Saturday night.

The Newcastle captain became the premiership's highest pointscorer with two goals in his side's 46-12 belting by the Eels at Parramatta Stadium.

Taylor, the previous record holder, was to present Johns with the game ball to mark his achievement but the former Australia captain snubbed the ceremony and left the field.

"Look, I don't feel embarrassed or disappointed at what happened," Taylor said yesterday. "I understand how he felt.

"I was going down there to congratulate him and make the presentation but also to be with my players after a win. It would have been nice if he stayed but I have no dramas with it."

Johns will now be presented with the ball next Sunday when Newcastle host competition leader Melbourne at EnergyAustralia Stadium.

An emotional Johns said afterwards: "I know the game ball was out there to be taken but I was that devastated I just wanted to get to the sheds.

"It's probably disappointing that I walked off but you've got to understand how gutted I felt, you know? That's the way it is, you don't always get fairytales."

He's a sook.

He knew what was organised he should have accepted the accolades like the champion people THINK he is.

Very poor form on Joeys behalf. If you are going to be a great of the game you need to have some dignity. Ask yourself if Beaver would have walked off and refused to accept the honour had he been in Joeys place.

Its not the 1st time Joey has done something like this after a loss. Didnt he walk off after losing a game this year before shaking the opposition players hands? Think it might have been the Dragons game at Marathon.

Great player but gee he can carry on like spoilt child at times. Hopefully he throws himself on the ground one day banging his head and fists after a loss. That would be amusing.

they can get smacked in front of there own crowd at Newcastle so he can be embarressed in front of his own fans this weekend

I dont mind it tbh

It shows the passion and pride he has in his own performance, which i like in a player

Probably not the right thing to do, but not a big deal either

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4