Is Jetski the answer ??

Jet Ski has never lacked natural ability or mobility but some issues with his tackling technique and unforced errors has also been part of his game and a negative . Does show some good anticipation with line running and with kicks behind the line in his general vicinity and should warrant a bench spot at the minimum [ with his versatility also a plus ] Siro and Olakau / atu would still have more to offer as first choice back row selection at this stage .

I'm happy to have him in squad
Whether he starts or on the bench , If he can play well to keep others out or make others lift there game , competition is what the club needs If he doesn't make the game day squad you know you have a player that will put in if he gets a chance

Definitely has upside and if he can get on top of his injuries should progress nicely and be a solid back row performer. It was only a couple of years ago he was in the Emerging Blues Squad, so there was obviously something seen in him. Can find the line which is always important, has some versatility and has a bit of mongrel about him

When GoJetski first joined us .. and with reports of how hard he hit at training .. and a bit of attitude .. I had high hopes of him being a Radley like player .. but last year, for whatever reason, he was well off the pace physically ... he looked small and weak and was generally ineffective ... he did begin to look a bit better in the later stages ..

If he returns to a ball of muscle with a great power to weight ratio ... happy days ... if his physical condition is similar to last year ... Blacktown ..

11. Haumole Olakau'atu
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Kieran Foran
15. Taniela Paseka
16. Sean Keppie
17. Andrew Davey

should be our rotation (full strength).

Paseka will be pushing for the starting spot with Kapow coming off the bench IMO ...

Personally I dont rate the bloke.. BUT... alot of that is because he is constantly getting thrown into the centres and being embarrassed by faster winger/centres.. my head drops the minute a backline player goes down and this bloke has to line-up out wide...

Maybe a full season in the back row would change my mind but who knows

I think if Jetski is given the opportunity to start in the back row in 2021, he'll surprise. Part of the problem with people's perception of him is that most of his time in first grade has been as a bench utility coving centre, back row and front row and has rarely gotten a chance to play his preferred position for any sustained length of time.

When he's thrown into the middle as a prop and gets ragdolled by 120 kg front rowers, people think he's weak for a forward. When he gets thrown into the centres to cover an injury and plays like an out of position back rower, he is often criticised (we have really been spoiled over the years for quality centres and sometimes I think people expect that from anyone who plays there, fill-in or not). Yet in both situations he is playing out of position. As an edge back rower, especially when get gets to start and actually stay there for 80 minutes, that's when he tends to shine.

Like I said, given a chance to start as an edge back rower I think he can shine in 2021. But only time will tell.

When he starts, he looks a lot more effective than when he comes off the bench.

I'm not going to be tough on the kid until I see him play a good 10 games straight in a starting back row position because he averages nearly one try per game for us when he starts.
Exactly he needs to start. Last season he killed it for us. He was very impressive and i haven't forgotten that form. Next season will hopefully be his breakout year

I have mixed feelings on the Jetski ability....
He can produce a try with determined support and has some speed, but also his hands at times turn over possession easily.
His defence can be tough and aggressive, then he has a few hand grabs....
I have at times been happy he wears the Manly colours and then other times think he is a NSW Cup player.
Maybe being a bit harsh, but feel at best Jetski is a bench player to fill in and do a (decent) job...what's the thoughts ??
Spot on.

Olakau’atu is 22 years old, 6'5" and 112kg's ... he has been in the system for 5 years ... and it is now his time ... won't get any better not playing first grade ....
I don’t know why Desmond shunted him after his MOTM performance. It‘ll only be a matter of time before the Storm, Rorters, Parra come sniffing around. He needs to be on the field, not on the bench, or incredulously not even in the 17 which happened this year.

Last edited:
I don’t know why Desmond shunted him after his MOTM performance. It‘ll only be a matter of time before the Storm, Rorters, Parra come sniffing around. He needs to be on the field, not on the bench, or incredulously not even in the 17 which happened this year.

At a guess, there definitely has to be more to the story about why he barely played first grade for the rest of the year after that game. And I'd say its more than any of us will ever know.

Team P W L PD Pts
2 2 0 36 4
2 2 0 26 4
2 2 0 23 4
2 2 0 19 4
2 2 0 12 4
2 1 1 13 2
2 1 1 10 2
2 1 1 3 2
2 1 1 0 2
2 1 1 0 2
2 1 1 -14 2