Is Jetski the answer ??

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
I have mixed feelings on the Jetski ability....
He can produce a try with determined support and has some speed, but also his hands at times turn over possession easily.
His defence can be tough and aggressive, then he has a few hand grabs....
I have at times been happy he wears the Manly colours and then other times think he is a NSW Cup player.
Maybe being a bit harsh, but feel at best Jetski is a bench player to fill in and do a (decent) job...what's the thoughts ??

I have mixed feelings on the Jetski ability....
He can produce a try with determined support and has some speed, but also his hands at times turn over possession easily.
His defence can be tough and aggressive, then he has a few hand grabs....
I have at times been happy he wears the Manly colours and then other times think he is a NSW Cup player.
Maybe being a bit harsh, but feel at best Jetski is a bench player to fill in and do a (decent) job...what's the thoughts ??
I agree. I have said before that he is a fringe player. He might put it all together and come good, and I think a faster game suits him; however, it’s this year or never for him I suspect.

When he starts, he looks a lot more effective than when he comes off the bench.

I'm not going to be tough on the kid until I see him play a good 10 games straight in a starting back row position because he averages nearly one try per game for us when he starts.

Yes seems to go better , don’t know why though!!

This season he played a bit like an eighties winger, got rag dolled on a few occasions.

We don’t have a great deal of edge backrowers, if he does get a chance hopefully it’s on the right edge, he did look good there at the backend of 2019.

Probably not

I like him in that he has aggression, is durable, versatile and runs a good line

But can give away a penalty, drop the ball, and more worryingly get ragdolled and make 0 PCM.

I’d rather bring in an experienced quality player like Zeb Taia or someone for a year to pair with Sironen until we get Garner. Let Olakau’atu come off the bench, and Gosiewski & Davey play backup role.

This year is somewhat a.make or break year. He has an opportunity to put a mortgage on that #11 jersey. Needs a full pre season not hampered by injury and give him a good run of 6 to 8 weeks playing in the backrow. I think he will surprise this year!

Is Jetski the answer?
Yes, provided the question is: "how the hell am I gunna catch those monsters at Nazare?"

He had the herniated disc and then the infection that meant he did no weights etc....in the offseason,he came back at around 95kgs as he is a guy that naturally loses weight without weight training.
It took him most of the year to get back to near 105kgs,this is why he got rag dolled early and came good later.
Hopefully he has had an incident free offseason and starts the year at 105kgs,I think you might see a different animal in 2021 if so....

He had the herniated disc and then the infection that meant he did no weights etc....in the offseason,he came back at around 95kgs as he is a guy that naturally loses weight without weight training.
It took him most of the year to get back to near 105kgs,this is why he got rag dolled early and came good later.
Hopefully he has had an incident free offseason and starts the year at 105kgs,I think you might see a different animal in 2021 if so....
Nice post Smokin - I just doubt his skill level on a consistent basis but I will defer to you on this - playing 5 to 10kgs under your ideal weight certainly would impact the ability and the confidence. I will now have an open mind.

IDK why people keep overlooking Olakau'atu, he's a young manly junior who's shown great potential in his limited opportunities in first grade. Des stiffed him a few times in the 2020 season with his poor team selection but I believe he should earn Thompson's spot after he puts some work in this pre season. Great hole runner with nice aggression in attack and pretty solid defence. Would make some good combinations with Foz and Schuster on the left hand side. Jetski on the bench only because of added versatility just in case an outside back goes down injured, otherwise I would even have Andrew Davey above him. Don't rate Jetski at all, a similar kind of fringe player as Corey Wadell, too many errors in his game. A top 4 or even a top 8 team would have him playing for their reserve grade team.

Personally I don't rate him as others on here, with our young back rowers we have he wouldn't be in my 17.

I've never been a huge fan. The fact he got so much game time in 2020 was due to injuries for mine.

I don't know if there were injuries that hindered his performances but if we can't find a better edge back rower than Jack, we're not looking hard enough. I have him behind plenty, including Andrew Davey. If we sign Garner, Jack's gone.

About the only upside I can see is that he can play centre if someone goes down in the backs. But even so, he's not in my 17. He's as tough as anyone and I respect him for his guts but he's a reserve grader in my book.

Team P W L PD Pts
2 2 0 36 4
2 2 0 26 4
2 2 0 23 4
2 2 0 19 4
2 2 0 12 4
2 1 1 13 2
2 1 1 10 2
2 1 1 3 2
2 1 1 0 2
2 1 1 0 2
2 1 1 -14 2