Is it just me or

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Elvis Presley said:
voicefromthehill said:
Are you also sick of the "Robbie has a sick mum" story. It is not front page news, it is not news. It is sad that she is sick, and unfortunately will likely succumb to this awful disease, but please let's not make a hero out of the guy. I get it already, the guy loves his mum, most guys do. It is not news worthy.

Man, have some compassion.
If you feel that way, then what about when the following happens:

1. Players wear black armbands to honor a club legend.
2. Any other news story about fallen soldiers, celebrities dying or their relatives dying from terminal disease.
3. Molly meldrum falling off a ladder.....Even though he supports the cheatin drizzles...hahaha

I can go on and on.
Its just showing "respect".

I think they are all "news worthy". Cheers

I assume you didn't read the entire thread based on your approach..

Again for emphasis - it is awful that any human has to endure cancer, it is an evil disease (I know, I have seen it first hand with mother and aunt) I just disagree with the way the media keeps trotting this story out.

Now to answer your questions

1 - Black arm bands are a fitting tribute. Generally it isn't through the papers for weeks so I am not sure of the connection

2a) I won't go down the path of addressing "celebrities" most IMO do nothing of benefit in this world. Should they get sick it is sad (as i have said all along) but I do not believe it deserves incessant media coverage

2b - it's a shame you put a fallen soldier in with "celebrities". It might be how I read that word, but they are not the same. That needs to be recognised, it is a tragedy that they have been killed in a war whilst serving their country.

3- Molly falling off a ladder (seems similar to 2a) except he has done some wonderful things in his chosen field, sad a terrible accident - and different to the thrust of my opening post, but I know what you are attempting to say.

Let me ask you, there is genocide happening in Syria, Sudan and The DR Congo. Haven't seen that get much front page coverage - maybe our celeb obsession allows us to remain blissfully unaware (or even ignore) this true tragedy. That my friend is news, terrible heart wrenching news, that is something we should be reading on the front page of papers. Have you even read about what is happening? Do you cry over the brutal killing and abhorrent treatment of women and children? I do - so dont come along with your compassion and "respect". Or maybe we like our sad stories to be a little less confronting.

Oh, I see what you mean now vfth. Good explanation....I was off target interpreting you. I respect your views that the only news should be "bad news". Looking forward to see more of your posts. Hooroo:)......

So I answered your questions and you still aren't satisfied. And my argument that there are events in this world that more news worthy was too confronting for you was it, hence your descent to sarcasm, sad.

Dare I say everything you put forward in your argument is also bad news. I have happily copped my licks from people who disagreed with my POV when they put forward sense. Have another go and I may conceed - but currently you are embarrassing yourself. Hooroo yourself a nice smug sign off buddy

voicefromthehill said:
So I answered your questions and you still aren't satisfied. And my argument that there are events in this world that more news worthy was too confronting for you was it, hence your descent to sarcasm, sad.

Dare I say everything you put forward in your argument is also bad news. I have happily copped my licks from people who disagreed with my POV when they put forward sense. Have another go and I may conceed - but currently you are embarrassing yourself. Hooroo yourself a nice smug sign off buddy

Hi VFTH
I was not been sarcastic. Please read my genuine reply again.
Sometimes with written language, one may mis-interpret the "tone".
Your views has its merits.

I think i will stick to footy posts from now on and avoid misunderstandings.
Cheers

Can't wait to go to Brookie on Monday.

Mrs Farah died this morning. Robbie has pulled out of todays game.

Will the funeral be televised for those so interested in keeping up with it all or will the family finally be left to deal with things without it being turned into someone elses entertainment?

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8