Is Hayne a protected species?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
He will get a few weeks for sure

It doesn't look quite as bad from the wide angeled side on view as it did from behind though

Ennis is such a character. A complete and utter pest but you can't help but have a laugh at him. He takes dives every now and then but mostly just sledges.

Whatever he said to Hindy must have been awesome. Steve Waugh must have been giving him lessons.

I totally agree Hayne is both overated and protected. It wasn't a full on head butt but he should have been marched. No question if "shoulders matai" had done it he would have been sent. Hayne is lucky that snake & dugan are injured as he doesn't deserve origin selection.

Hayne will definitely get a few weeks. Realistically it should be a 3-4 week suspension, depending if he has any points. He was warned about this previously and told he would be able to use it as an excuse.

Calling for a little help here as a female of the species who has never been involved in any kind of hitting. Seems to me Hayne was hit on the jaw with a swinging arm from behind, with no opportunity to defend himself. Surely the head butt does exactly the same thing - hit in the jaw, no opportunity to defend? I've often wondered why the hysteria over the head butt. Serious question, would love to know.
Thanks in advance.

Hitting with the head means bone on bone rather than an arm cushioned with flesh. That's the difference. Anyone who's been on the end of a head butt would realize it's different than a knuckle sandwich. The alleged swinging arm by the Dogs player was not hard. I noticed Hayne was going to do a 'lay down sally' when hit, but then sprang to his feet and went the head butt. Stupid really, and with any other player it would have been a send off. Gutless refs. Haye certainly is a protected species. Strange that Ennis was given ten for a sledge. That was certainly a ref overreaction.

The Eagle said:
Name a NSW fullback whos in form kiwi

Gardner, Minichiello, McKinnon to name 3

Dugan, Hayne, Gordon, Stewart and Coote would all be far better options than Hoppa regardless of their form as well

Hopoate is 18, and has played a couple of games at fullback. Calling for him to play for NSW is ridiculous, up their with those that wanted him playing 1st grade for us at 16 2 years go (when he was out injured at the time as well)

Difference is thE swinging arm was an accident the head butt was dirty and intentional

hordernnewt said:
Calling for a little help here as a female of the species who has never been involved in any kind of hitting. Seems to me Hayne was hit on the jaw with a swinging arm from behind, with no opportunity to defend himself. Surely the head butt does exactly the same thing - hit in the jaw, no opportunity to defend? I've often wondered why the hysteria over the head butt. Serious question, would love to know.
Thanks in advance.

Ryan said:
Rabbits is a cock, who loves certain players. He wanted Matai gone for 3 decades, yet when his poster boy Hayne head butts, it's a "soft head". Thank you to Sterlo and Gould who said there's no such a thing.

Time to hang up the skates, Rabbits.

Are you serious? Matai is one or Rabbs favourite players. And lets get fair dinkum, Matai's hit on Ennis was pretty bad.

Masked Eagle said:
Ryan said:
Rabbits is a cock, who loves certain players. He wanted Matai gone for 3 decades, yet when his poster boy Hayne head butts, it's a "soft head". Thank you to Sterlo and Gould who said there's no such a thing.

Time to hang up the skates, Rabbits.

Are you serious? Matai is one or Rabbs favourite players. And lets get fair dinkum, Matai's hit on Ennis was pretty bad.

It wasnt a melbournesque style king hit though,it was a stiff arm to the face,not the back of his skull,or an elbow dug into the skull of a falling player

r752551_6253998.jpg

Berkeley_Eagle said:

Going off Berks pic above;
2 weeks for the headbutt
2 weeks for the eye gauge.

I'd hate to get into a fight with Hayne the pussy:argue:.He'd bite,scratch,pull hair,eye gauge,headbutt and probably flog ya with his handbag!!
What a grub....

Hayne, Payne still going at it
Adrian Proszenko

JARRYD HAYNE claims he was the victim of a ''dog shot'' from Corey Payne in a war of words as fiery as their on-field altercation on Friday night. The Canterbury forward responded by calling for Hayne to be suspended for a ''cheap shot'' headbutt and encouraged Hayne's future opponents to niggle the Eels superstar into brain explosions.
On the same night that Nathan Hindmarsh labelled Michael Ennis a ''grub'', Hayne allegedly put a headbutt on Payne. Hayne said it was in response to Payne's swinging arm and taunts while he lay on the turf.
''It was a dog shot,'' Hayne told The Sun-Herald. ''And then he wants to call me a dog when I'm on the ground. That's what sparked it and why I was upset with the situation.
Advertisement: Story continues below
''It was average. That's obviously what triggered it. It was unnecessary. If you watch a couple of his games [you'll see] he's a real niggly player. Some things he does, it's not warranted in the game.
''I was clearly tackled, to come in with a swinging arm across the chin, it was a bit cheap. It's one thing to dog-shot someone, it's another thing to mouth off after you've done it. If you dog someone, you keep your mouth shut. He wanted to carry on. I actually didn't want to fight but he threw the first punch.''
The game was barely over before Eels chief executive Paul Osborne was on the phone to barrister Geoff Bellew, the man who famously got Hayne off at the judiciary following a headbutt to Billy Slater last year.
''He's the best in the business,'' Osborne said. ''I've already asked him to have a look at it.''
Hayne denied throwing a headbutt and was stunned that he copped the same fate as Payne - a stint in the bin and being placed on report.
''It wasn't that I headbutted him, I just came face to face with him. I can't see why I got 10 minutes. He actually threw a punch and acted aggressively. If someone calls you a dog you've got to front up to them. He did his thing, his forearm then hit me - and what I've done is gone face to face with him and I get 10 minutes in the bin as well … That's all I did. He throws a punch and gets the same treatment I got. I wasn't too impressed.''
Payne did not back down when quizzed about the incident.
''I just remember him getting up and headbutting me,'' Payne said. ''It was a bit of a cheap shot by him. Uncalled for. He's done it before with Billy Slater - he's headbutted him. That sort of stuff is not on, headbutting blokes, so I thought I was within my rights throwing a few punches at him.''
Asked if Hayne deserved a stint on the sidelines for his role in the incident, Payne replied: ''I think so. Headbutting isn't on in any grade. It's uncalled for and it's clear - look at the replay, he headbutted me. I'm within my rights to defend myself.''
The former Dragons and Wests Tigers forward claimed Hayne was easily baited and said opponents should use the tactic against him. ''If you get into him, that's probably a good thing for opposing teams to look at when they try to shut him down,'' Payne said.
''I think after that encounter he went into his shell a bit. After that 10 minutes in the bin, definitely, he didn't get into the game at all.''
The incident was the turning point in the game. Hayne started the match on fire with two tries as the Eels opened up a 14-0 lead. But with Hayne in the bin - Ennis and Hindmarsh also copped a 10-minute break for their altercation shortly afterwards - the Dogs lifted and scored 34 unanswered points.
''We got a bit of fire in us and we aimed up and Parra couldn't go with us,'' Payne said.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/hayne-payne-still-going-at-it-20110416-1dimz.html[/i]

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Hayne, Payne still going at it
Adrian Proszenko

Hayne allegedly put a headbutt on Payne. Hayne said it was in response to Payne's swinging arm and taunts while he lay on the turf.

gotta love that- 'allegedly'

Berkeley_Eagle said:
'
I actually didn't want to fight but he threw the first punch.''

you're supposed to fight with your fists not your head

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Hayne denied throwing a headbutt and was stunned that he copped the same fate as Payne - a stint in the bin and being placed on report.
''It wasn't that I headbutted him, I just came face to face with him.
'face to face' top of hayne's head to chin of payne. i'd say this interview was done after advice from bellow

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6