Is Dce playing injured

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Des said it best. We were scrappy with the ball. The number of errors we had meant we were never going to win against a clinical Melbourne team. From the 2 attacking sets that we had on their side of the field we did score once. I'm hoping that this means we respect the ball a lot more than we have in the last month.
I gave up after counting 10 dropped balls from almost every Manly player :confused:

Now it's out of our system :p:praying:

I gave up after counting 10 dropped balls from almost every Manly player :confused:

Now it's out of our system :p:praying:
The most disappointing part was when we rode out the initial period in that second half, got a penalty from our own half and dropped the ball on second tackle. Smith then kicked the ball dead and we had a 7 tackle set from which we dropped the ball on the first tackle. Melbourne scored in the ensuing set and we never really recovered.
I hope it's out of our system but we've been fairly poor with our ball control in the last month. The game against the Warriors was one where I thought we'd shaken off that one bad game but it just kept going. Even against the Tigers, it took us a fair while to kick into gear. Raiders were just as poor as us and Melbourne never let us back into the game after those crucial errors in the second half.

The most disappointing part was when we rode out the initial period in that second half, got a penalty from our own half and dropped the ball on second tackle. Smith then kicked the ball dead and we had a 7 tackle set from which we dropped the ball on the first tackle. Melbourne scored in the ensuing set and we never really recovered.
I hope it's out of our system but we've been fairly poor with our ball control in the last month. The game against the Warriors was one where I thought we'd shaken off that one bad game but it just kept going. Even against the Tigers, it took us a fair while to kick into gear. Raiders were just as poor as us and Melbourne never let us back into the game after those crucial errors in the second half.
I'd rather face the Sharks than the Tigers for that reason.
Manly just lack the finess to cover kicks behind their line :confused:

WIP

I'd rather face the Sharks than the Tigers for that reason.
Manly just lack the finess to cover kicks behind their line :confused:

WIP
Without Tom's pace behind the line, we'll struggle even more. Not too fussed with Garrick turning around but Taufua, as good as he's gotten this year, is still a bit slow to clean up those kicks.

Big positive in the last few weeks has to be DCEs kicking game. He's been phenomenal at times in finding grass, especially when kicking out of his own half.

Ooooh yeeaaah. I still reckon we are fodder come finals.. sure we might win 1st game then what.. play souths or raiders without turbo joel jack and lance.. win that then play storm or roosters so they can make history bashing us.....
Hey now hey now the dream is over hey nowwwwww how bloody ****house !
Better than finishing 15th

Ooooh yeeaaah. I still reckon we are fodder come finals.. sure we might win 1st game then what.. play souths or raiders without turbo joel jack and lance.. win that then play storm or roosters so they can make history bashing us.....
Hey now hey now the dream is over hey nowwwwww how bloody ****house !

I'm not sure if this is a trolling post... but yes/no either way, you are a loser dude and at the very least have a serious mental deficiency and do not belong here, as well illustrated by several of your other posts.

I'm not sure if this is a trolling post... but yes/no either way, you are a loser dude and at the very least have a serious mental deficiency and do not belong here, as well illustrated by several of your other posts.
Your the troll mate im just having my say if you dont like it good for you no need to attempt to insult me... your clearly a degenerate caused by upbringing and just upset that im 100% right you just wait and see. 40 years a kid should be your name! Shame on you

All the talk is about Tom. Just as important is Thommo. He’s the heart and sole and driver of the forward pack. Take both out and you get what happened last week.
Take Tedesco and Cordner out of Roosters and see how they go.No chance to win comp.
You have to be healthy. We aren’t unfortunately.

Ye the dream is over people come back to earth. Storm ended our season on the wknd end of discussion we cannot match the likes of the roosters or the nrls storm come the finals no way. If tigers get through they will beat us on there current form 1st week. Parra will towel us up with another scripted ref ensemble. They will take our spot... no home finals people. Wankfest stadium will feature cometh the finals

Bit of Nostradamus in that last sentence about Wankfest as it turns out...…

The turning point with both positives and negatives this year has been having two genuine line running edge backrowers that defensive lines take seriously, making our lateral plays more direct and effective from go forward spreads to decoy attacking options.

Add to that the improvements in Walkers game and Manly were laying the foundations down for a more clinical composed attacking unit come Semi Final time.

The negatives are that Manly got comfortable overplaying the line running on the edges, the general lack of variety along with not using the play after winning the middle was telegraphing the plays and being read far too easily.

Too often the spreads lacked any science behind the delivery other than "these lines have worked well in past games and will always be effective".

Part of the issue is not having a half that can encourage punch and directness through the middle and own the advantage line. To be able to mix up his play by playing short and direct off each hip through the middle then as the grind kicks in play wider and behind second man plays that are more effective against fatiguing defensive lines to open up the edge running lines.

Without edge runners and lacking front row depth i can understand why Des wants AFB running wider to fill both the dangerous line running role and gaining good go forward against smaller defenders and less gang tackling. Problem is once again it becomes a go to play and not an option dangerous play.

As our forward stocks deplete more risks have to be taken to generate go forward either through playing more laterally or losing width by first spreading then bringing in hard running centers and wingers in predictable under plays----the outside backs becoming more like backrowers and not as attacking options.

I would like to see Walker play more through the middle like a sharp running half(in the early stages of each half to work the middle defence over) and with his strong spiral pass on both sides can add enough lateral play to keep the defensive line honest, this keeps DCE on the edges and protected from the front line.(not sure why people here have been knocking Walker i thought he did some nice things against Parra in attack)

I would like to see Jake ease back on the second man plays and simplify his game, add more short passing options to work the middle more along with trying to generate a fast play the ball, then as the game goes on add some second man plays.

Tafua, Suli and Parker are going to have to put their hands up for more go forward work all over the park.

Defensively out wide Manly are going to struggle against Cronulla's lateral plays but the night game conditions should limit this impact, get the sprinklers out ground keepers.

The pressure is all on Cronulla with all the injuries Manly have and it offers the opportunity for lesser knowns and lower graders a time to shine, make a name for themselves and maybe a better future contract.

I wouldn't mind if DCE took a leaf out of cronks book from last year's gf.

I can accept he may be injured. But WOW he has been bad, and he could be everything he needs to be for the team without getting tackled, certainly getting tackled way less if he just steered us round the park and kick the ball on the last.

His all nothinging plays with no respect for keeping possession of the pill has to go.

A state of origin DCE focus on organising and not running please.

The turning point with both positives and negatives this year has been having two genuine line running edge backrowers that defensive lines take seriously, making our lateral plays more direct and effective from go forward spreads to decoy attacking options.

Add to that the improvements in Walkers game and Manly were laying the foundations down for a more clinical composed attacking unit come Semi Final time.

The negatives are that Manly got comfortable overplaying the line running on the edges, the general lack of variety along with not using the play after winning the middle was telegraphing the plays and being read far too easily.

Too often the spreads lacked any science behind the delivery other than "these lines have worked well in past games and will always be effective".

Part of the issue is not having a half that can encourage punch and directness through the middle and own the advantage line. To be able to mix up his play by playing short and direct off each hip through the middle then as the grind kicks in play wider and behind second man plays that are more effective against fatiguing defensive lines to open up the edge running lines.

Without edge runners and lacking front row depth i can understand why Des wants AFB running wider to fill both the dangerous line running role and gaining good go forward against smaller defenders and less gang tackling. Problem is once again it becomes a go to play and not an option dangerous play.

As our forward stocks deplete more risks have to be taken to generate go forward either through playing more laterally or losing width by first spreading then bringing in hard running centers and wingers in predictable under plays----the outside backs becoming more like backrowers and not as attacking options.

I would like to see Walker play more through the middle like a sharp running half(in the early stages of each half to work the middle defence over) and with his strong spiral pass on both sides can add enough lateral play to keep the defensive line honest, this keeps DCE on the edges and protected from the front line.(not sure why people here have been knocking Walker i thought he did some nice things against Parra in attack)

I would like to see Jake ease back on the second man plays and simplify his game, add more short passing options to work the middle more along with trying to generate a fast play the ball, then as the game goes on add some second man plays.

Tafua, Suli and Parker are going to have to put their hands up for more go forward work all over the park.

Defensively out wide Manly are going to struggle against Cronulla's lateral plays but the night game conditions should limit this impact, get the sprinklers out ground keepers.

The pressure is all on Cronulla with all the injuries Manly have and it offers the opportunity for lesser knowns and lower graders a time to shine, make a name for themselves and maybe a better future contract.
Sorry. I stopped reading after the statement "the improvements in Walker's game"....
That's when I realised this treatise was a work of fiction.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4