Is channel 9 going broke? - not anymore.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
No Channel 9 as we new it is gone and the "newly owned" Channel 9 is alive, maybe not all that well.
I still believe that the 5 year deal is under threat and my tip is Channel 9 wont be there after next year.
You dont get blood out of a stone and 9 have been going ratsh!t with the pittence they have been forking out.....Now double it(plus some more) and the new owners arent happy.
Anyway thats my take and im un informed with no allegiences other to Manly.

Frogz said:
No Channel 9 as we new it is gone and the "newly owned" Channel 9 is alive, maybe not all that well.
I still believe that the 5 year deal is under threat and my tip is Channel 9 wont be there after next year.
You dont get blood out of a stone and 9 have been going ratsh!t with the pittence they have been forking out.....Now double it(plus some more) and the new owners arent happy.
Anyway thats my take and im un informed with no allegiences other to Manly.

9 is now in a far better position. You are quite right that there are new owners. Crucially its those same owners that now have an investment in the network rather than an oustanding debt obligation.

The NRL deal is safe. What owner is going to risk their newly found assett by killing their most important sports media deal (let alone the contract legalities)

As old owner, CVC is the one burnt in this deal.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4