Is 3rd or 4th a better result?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

mmmdl

Reserve Grader
I'm doubting we can finish any higher than 3rd on the ladder.

Assuming it's Dogs 1, Scum 2, what's better in the finals?

Finish 4th, and we play the Dogs in Sydney. Beat them, and we remain in Sydney for the whole finals. Lose, and assuming Melb win (I can't see Souths beating them down there) that puts us on track to have to play them in the qualifying final in week 3.

Finish 3rd, and we play Melb in Melb.........and then no matter what will play the rest of the games in Syd - win and of course we stay in Syd, lose and then be on track for a game with the Dogs (or Souths) in week 3.

Not that I think it matters either way as we won't lose week 1 (or any week for that matter), but which is better is the unthinkable happens?

Definitely 4th. Don't have to travel and Dogs will be easier opponent. Melbourne in Melbourne would be our worst scenario. Very confident wel have the Dogs measure come finals time.

So long as we are in the 4 - so we get a rest week 2,it does not matter.
What matters is to keep the winning mentality.:angel:
--------------------------------
Based on Ladder 14/8/2012
WEEK 1 Manly finishing 3rd
Game 1 Bulldogs Rabbitohs
Game 2 Cowboys Tigers
Game 3 Sharks Broncos
Game 4 Storm Manly

WEEK 2
Game 5 RabbitohsCowboys

Game 6 Broncos Storm

WEEK 3
Game 7 Bulldogs Storm

Game 8 Manly Rabbitohs

GF Manly Storm
----------------------------------------
WEEK 1 Manly finishing 4th
Game 1 Bulldogs Manly
Game 2 Cowboys Tigers
Game 3 Sharks Broncos
Game 4 Storm Rabbitohs

WEEK 2
Game 5 Bulldogs Cowboys

Game 6 RabbitohsSharks

WEEK 3
Game 7 Manly Rabbitohs

Game 8 Storm Cowboys

GF Manly Storm

5th.
You get to play 8th and then a team that's just had to go through a top 4 bash up and come out beaten.
Straight into the GF quali without much effort and playing yourself into form.

Not bad. Although the problem is that the 8th team might be some no-hoper outfit that has just hit a purple patch of form. A team like Raiders or Tigers are capable of carnage if things fall their way.

Doesn't matter. If we are good enough we will beat them all wherever whenever.

Opponent doesn't worry me in the slightest, but I think the scenario shows one thing that I didn't necessarily like about this version of the top 8. Its a bit nonsensical to think teams wouldn't want to finish as high up the ladder as possible, or that there isn't any real benefit in doing so. Whilst that could have happened in the McIntyre model IMO it can happen more often in this current model.

Central Coast Eagle said:
I'd prefer to not play the bulldogs at all. Not because I'm scared of them, just because of the s**t storm this forum will turn into when we do.

Yep the forum will go into overdrive & all our "friends" from the kennel who have been absent during our recent winning streak will return. I don't care who we play, it could be the Raiders in the grand final for all I care :D

4th is heaps better because then we will play in Sydney first week and I can go watch it. We will beat whoever we play.

MadMarcus said:
After the badminton experience at the Olympics, hopefully the players aren't aiming to finish 4th...

Lol, I think we have already played our badminton games (hopefully)

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6