Announcement Introducing Silvertails Survivor MVP

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Hi All,

This is a new feature I have been working on, there may be bugs as I have rushed it to completion but we can work those out as we go.

When Silvertails first started we had created a similar feature, and the idea here is not to be negative but to instead reward consistency through the season. We will still run our normal MVP however we will also be expanding it this year to include this new competition and it will be interesting to see how the MVP and survivor wind up.

The idea is that each week, one player (sometimes more) gets voted out of the system and will not be eligible for winning MVP. Much like the reality TV show survivor, the tribe will speak!

It can be brutal, it can be a little harsh to start with, but one woeful performance can see you out, keep performing at a high rate or among the best through the season and you will be the Silvertails Survivor!

How it will work.

Each week, voting will open shortly after the game has finished and run for a few days
- Only players who are in the 17 each week will be available to vote, if a player is named but eliminated already, they can not be voted for
- Every member can only vote once per week and only on one player.
- If there is a tie-break, there is a 1 day tie break round where we will ask you to vote again
- If there is still a tie, I will make the call out of those players
- I will start a thread to discuss it each week, so you can go to war and discuss your votes
- Tiki torches and other island/voodoo paraphenlia is not a requirement

You vote by clicking on a player, its that simple. You can not change your vote, and its a pain for me to do it in the database, so please choose wisely.

This is all a bit of fun, but I think the best players through a season aren't those that have a few big games, but those that week in week out just put in and they deserve to be recognized.

Try to vote seriosly and not just go after the obvious.

https://silvertails.net/eliminator/

There is also a link in the menu above. Enjoy!

Dan

If Lewie spends 70 minutes on the bench and comes on and does what is asked of him then how can he the weakest link ?? Vote on performance based on given opportunities, not on preconceived ideas.

If Lewie spends 70 minutes on the bench and comes on and does what is asked of him then how can he the weakest link ?? Vote on performance based on given opportunities, not on preconceived ideas.
Far from a Brown fan, in fact unsure how he got the spot above others who have plenty to offer.
In his defence, the theory good as your last game which was against Penrith in the finals.....he played pretty well.

I hope thatbpwople vote on merit not historical perception.
I know realistically it won’t happen but I’d love to see a genuine attempt here

I hope thatbpwople vote on merit not historical perception.
I know realistically it won’t happen but I’d love to see a genuine attempt here

Hard to vote on a player that gets 10 minutes and he’ll suffer as a result , mind you any player that gets only 10 minutes will probably suffer the same fate!

We should do a weekly sweeps on it. You bet on a player, the player to stay in, your player gets voted out, you get a 3 day ban

Probably a great idea after a big loss , I purposely do that anyway to avoid the ****fight that usually follows.

So given Brown got stuck on the bench (and is unavailable), I imagine Rd1 is pretty clear who is getting the chop.

Hi All,

This is a new feature I have been working on, there may be bugs as I have rushed it to completion but we can work those out as we go.

When Silvertails first started we had created a similar feature, and the idea here is not to be negative but to instead reward consistency through the season. We will still run our normal MVP however we will also be expanding it this year to include this new competition and it will be interesting to see how the MVP and survivor wind up.

The idea is that each week, one player (sometimes more) gets voted out of the system and will not be eligible for winning MVP. Much like the reality TV show survivor, the tribe will speak!

It can be brutal, it can be a little harsh to start with, but one woeful performance can see you out, keep performing at a high rate or among the best through the season and you will be the Silvertails Survivor!

How it will work.

Each week, voting will open shortly after the game has finished and run for a few days
- Only players who are in the 17 each week will be available to vote, if a player is named but eliminated already, they can not be voted for
- Every member can only vote once per week and only on one player.
- If there is a tie-break, there is a 1 day tie break round where we will ask you to vote again
- If there is still a tie, I will make the call out of those players
- I will start a thread to discuss it each week, so you can go to war and discuss your votes
- Tiki torches and other island/voodoo paraphenlia is not a requirement

You vote by clicking on a player, its that simple. You can not change your vote, and its a pain for me to do it in the database, so please choose wisely.

This is all a bit of fun, but I think the best players through a season aren't those that have a few big games, but those that week in week out just put in and they deserve to be recognized.

Try to vote seriosly and not just go after the obvious.

https://silvertails.net/eliminator/

There is also a link in the menu above. Enjoy!

Dan

Dan, this is a great idea. It will be interesting to see who gets the crown. I gave my vote this week to the person who I thought was terrible.

I also liked there is no forum, unlike MVP, so I couldn't be influenced by other members.

I just have one question on how we award the crown.

Let's say its Rd20, there are 2 players left (let's say Jake and DCE) who have been there 20 rounds. We lose Kelly/Walker for a few weeks and Parker comes into the squad and has a blinder 2 weeks in a row, we vote out DCE and Jake.

Does Parker win the crown, or would it go to Jake/DCE for being the last player standing with the most games?

Dan, this is a great idea. It will be interesting to see who gets the crown. I gave my vote this week to the person who I thought was terrible.

I also liked there is no forum, unlike MVP, so I couldn't be influenced by other members.

I just have one question on how we award the crown.

Let's say its Rd20, there are 2 players left (let's say Jake and DCE) who have been there 20 rounds. We lose Kelly/Walker for a few weeks and Parker comes into the squad and has a blinder 2 weeks in a row, we vote out DCE and Jake.

Does Parker win the crown, or would it go to Jake/DCE for being the last player standing with the most games?

Yes exactly that you vote out who is worst from the ones left. That may mean someone gets lucky but over all should even out

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8