International Rugby League - Death or Growth?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Rexx

Reserve Grader
Last year's two Kiwi wins were an aberration. But look at the resulting interest in this years' test!!! At last the sniff of a contest.

That's the most effective way to make RL grow. Make international RL competitive first. The ARL needs to find ways to genuinely strengthen the Kiwis and the Poms with stars, and other countries too!! - even if it means we lose players that could play for Aust - and lose tests.

Keep the stars in international league and have some play who have some association with another country play for that other country. There's players who have pommie grandparents - or whose Auntie has a cat from NZ - or who has eaten Kiwi fruit - whatever it takes. We turned interstate RL from a pathetic joke into THE prime competition by changing the rules to invent State of Origin. Creatively do the same with International Rugby League and watch the game grow!!

the problem is most WANT to play for Australia. And those who dont make it then choose to represent another country , resulting in weaker teams. Im not sure how i feel about being allowed to play for NSW or QLD in Origin and then playing for NZ. But i agree if other countries can become stronger then it only means good things for RL , even if we do lose tests here and there.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6