Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Interesting read re recruitment in NRL

Harvies elbow

I'm a country member....... " Yes we remember "
Premium Member
2017 Tipping Competitor
Point I found interesting is that with senior recruitment, the head coach doesn't have the final say.
That must be a tigers thing.
Though I'm surprised Madge wouldn't have.
I'll bet my balls that Des does ...

Harvies elbow

I'm a country member....... " Yes we remember "
Premium Member
2017 Tipping Competitor
He did first time around. I don’t think he does this time.
Oh yeah I know what you mean.
He wouldn't have the purse strings that's for sure.
But I just can't see him just taking what a recruiter gives him as inferred in article.
That just sounded strange to me.
If I was a head coach by and large they'd be recruiting what I wanted to coach.

HoldenV8

Point I found interesting is that with senior recruitment, the head coach doesn't have the final say.
That must be a tigers thing.
Though I'm surprised Madge wouldn't have.
I'll bet my balls that Des does ...
When Des came back to Manly last year one of the major things was that he wouldn't be involved in the money side of contract negotiations to try and avoid the problems both Manly and the Dogs have experienced with with his back-ended contracts. But I highly doubt that he wouldn't be involved in recruitment.

A coach has to have some say in the players that a club recruits.

globaleagle

SGF0IHJ1bGVzIGFsbCE=
Staff member
Premium Member
I just couldn't bother reading past the first line where it said some no name had done some amazing job building a footy team that totally is on the same playing field money wise as everyone one else. The tigers will test him.

'ge sets fastest time into town on the day he drove his Ferrari when everyone else had to walk' -

Av8r

When Des came back to Manly last year one of the major things was that he wouldn't be involved in the money side of contract negotiations to try and avoid the problems both Manly and the Dogs have experienced with with his back-ended contracts. But I highly doubt that he wouldn't be involved in recruitment.

A coach has to have some say in the players that a club recruits.
Those back ended contracts resulted in five grand final appearances. Imagine if his teams had won all those games, Des would be the premier coach in the competition.

Cliffymagic

2019 Tipping Competitor
Gotta do what ya gotta do. Worries me in the future with all this talent coming through that we will lose alot of players too tpa rorting teams.

Staff online

• lsz

Latest posts

Top Bottom