Interesting pickups for Workers..

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

The Who

Journey Man
wow, I believe Carney and Carter still don't have clubs. Bring back Jamil maybe give Willis Meehan another shot. Lets see how Hales manages all of those personalities. Bonding nights would be a blast! and don't even discuss Mad Monday.....
The pre-game pep talk would be short: "Take no prisoners!"

Supreme Leader

Uber L77T playa
wow, I believe Carney and Carter still don't have clubs. Bring back Jamil maybe give Willis Meehan another shot. Lets see how Hales manages all of those personalities. Bonding nights would be a blast! and don't even discuss Mad Monday.....

For whatever reason that is totally beyond me, is that Jamil apparently has not got his NRL clearance. Ran into Hoppa a few weeks ago and he mentioned that a couple of the kids were trying to get a start in Super League but were having visa clearance issues due to the conviction. Problem is that if any of the problem child' s mentioned want a start at Manly we would have the NRL reject because it's us!

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
It will be very interesting watching The Workers this year with the number of up and comers playing for them.

Plenty of young guns out to impress .... should have a good year.

double hoops

First Grader
With the 30 man nrl squads. And a few of the 20's boys we retained being too old for that comp this year. Those ex parra boys might have to play thirds and wait for a game at the start of the year. Good problem to have.

Mr Manly 007

Reserve Grader
Workers have picked up a couple of interesting guys for 2018.John Folau the brother of Israel and played for Eels last year has signed on,Vai Toutai the winger/centre who glassed the bikie before the start of last season and left for the UK has signed on.Jacob Loko the big centre who played for the Eels and also the Doggies has signed on,I think he had that minor indiscretion with Taufua a couple of years back.Some character issues with a few of them but if they play to potential could end up as some good depth in the outside backs?Loko and Folau could be tried out in the second row possibly.....

Mate , have these 3 actually signed ?
And have the signed with Blacktown Workers or apart of Manly’s 30man contracted squad .

Smokin Joe

Bencher
They have signed with Workers,any player signed by Workers is not part of our 30 man squad.They will be playing Intrust Cup/Massey to start year,it would take something exceptional to leapfrog players in our 30 man squad and would count extra against our cap.I am not saying that they definitely will not play NRL in 2018,but the club in an injury crisis would turn to the 3 Wrights,Parker as first 4 options as using these guys would eat up more cap space.

Ryan

Journey Man
They have signed with Workers,any player signed by Workers is not part of our 30 man squad.They will be playing Intrust Cup/Massey to start year,it would take something exceptional to leapfrog players in our 30 man squad and would count extra against our cap.I am not saying that they definitely will not play NRL in 2018,but the club in an injury crisis would turn to the 3 Wrights,Parker as first 4 options as using these guys would eat up more cap space.

Interesting - weren't some saying that Falou kid like his relo, could be anything?

Smokin Joe

Bencher
Interesting - weren't some saying that Falou kid like his relo, could be anything?
He was good as a junior and did a good job early on playing on the wing(in NRL),but was carrying too much weight for NRL level(players get found out quickly and lack of agility usually does out wide).He was switched to backrow last year and went ok and looks like he has dropped a few kilos this year,but time will tell if he contributes much or little....

double hoops

First Grader
Sign of the reduced inter change. If your not a stand out you really want to be able to play fullback, wing, centre or back row. Very handy pick up.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
I think they are western Sydney residents hence the desire to play in Blacktown.

You are correct - Loko is the idiot that dragged Tafua into an early morning fight which lead to Jorge getting a drinking ban and playing some of his best football.

John Folau is a bit of a Frank Stallone.
John Folau centre/winger 193cm and 112kg is bigger than Frank and Sylvester Stallone .
He looked promising on debut before injuries got the better of him .
He has the frame but does he have the fight in him to be a consistent performer . Time will tell

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 78 22
13 9 4 110 20
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16
13 7 6 -34 16