Interesting McIntyre System Stat

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
This year is the first time that the top 4 sides have all won their game in week 1 of the finals.

yeah noticed that thought it was interesting given the criticism surrounding the mcintyre system. First time it worked how the ladder finished..

and still does not make any sense

we need to go back to the top 5.

minor premiors should only be able to win 1 game for an entry to the grand final and top 3 must lose 2 matches to be exited.

If you in the top 4 and win in week 1 then you do not have any other chances and could be knocked out of the semi's in your next game.

How fare is this, If newcastle beat melbourne last night they would of got a home semi at home next week even though they came 8th.

Does anyone think its a fare system now

The Warriors are in the easy side of the draw. If the Warriors upset the Tigers then there's a fair chance they'll beat the Storm and be in the GF.

Come 6th, get thrashed in the first week and your reward is a saloon passage to the GF.

Great system this McIntyre one.

I can't figure out why it is that a team that comes third, wins in the first week then plays a team that came fifth, and a team that comes fourth in the regular season, wins in the first week and then plays the team that came in sixth. That doesn't seem to make sense.

Because 3 vs 6 and 4 vs 5 is the first round match ups. Couldn't have it two weeks in a row, that's why it is swapped around

I know that C & C, but it just doesn't seem to make sense. It seems to be a system based on manipulation rather than sense. I imagine there's a computation based on sense that could be implemented.

Top 7, having half the comp in the finals is lame

I think I prefer the AFL system, makes for more interesting match ups week 1 and also guarantees the top 4 a second bite. Let's remember they used to use the McIntyre system but ditched it.

Chip and Chase said:
I think I prefer the AFL system, makes for more interesting match ups week 1 and also guarantees the top 4 a second bite. Let's remember they used to use the McIntyre system but ditched it.

I agree the AFL system is far superior. They dumped the McIntyre system for very sound reasons.

The AFL finals system is really just a direct copy of the Rugby League (ARL) finals system which existed before News Ltd owned the game. Yes?

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6