Interest rates

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
The rate rise is not especially Mr Howard's fault, but if voters hold it against him he's got no one but himself to blame.

That's because of the foolhardy and dishonest claims he made in the last election campaign.

He pretended he had control over interest rates when, in truth, they were always controlled by the central bank.

He pretended that merely by keeping his budget in surplus he was putting downward pressure on interest rates, when the best you can say is that this didn't put much upward pressure on rates.

Had he genuinely been trying to hold rates down he would hardly have been spending so much and granting tax cuts in five budgets in a row.

And now, when the proof of his impotence and insouciance is plain for all to see, he wants to shunt the blame on to "Kevin Rudd's Labor premiers". Weak act. And an insult to the voters' intelligence.

This is the man who keeps telling us he's God's gift to economic management?

Pollies are always good for a laugh. Johnny was dismissing this yesterday as the price we have to pay for the economy being in such great shape! :) Work that out.

This was always going to happen. They had to slowly increase. Even though they are still quite low.

Do you really know if that dimwitted knuckle head Latham wasn't going to do better?

Byso I think you miss the point.

He won the election by telling everyone he could keep it down and control it, now he is saying the exact opposite.

He is a little worm and even you know that, I am not saying the opposition is any better, but jeez mate put away the fandom banners hey, surely you can see he is a lying little terd

I basically agree, but I'm glad the libs are there as they are still the best option to run the country.

I guess you are also happy with what the ALP have done for NSW?

The ALP myspace leader with no substance and policy is sure to win your vote though.

I basically agree, but I'm glad the libs are there as they are still the best option to run the country.

I guess you are also happy with what the ALP have done for NSW?

The ALP myspace leader with no substance and policy is sure to win your vote though.

What is sad is that we will get an ALP government who will spend two terms cleanign up the **** that the Libs have caused with the country, everyone will blame ALP for this and the libs will come back in, corrupt us and turn us into the US.

I was just there and their country is run not for the people but for the people who run it. I don't want an Australia like that.

He said he would control it. What it as right now is completely controllable.

With the wage growth that has happened since Howard has been in power, rate rises like this are always going to happen and are manageable.

Sure, no one really likes them going up, but they are hardly at Labor's high teens yet...

id rather 17% of a 100000 loan than 6.5% of a 350000 loan.

rates might be lower but the amounts these days are huge

And I hate labor. Will never vote for them in my life, but that is a point which is often overlooked.

and that is about as much as you will ever get from me in a political discussion :)

id rather 17% of a 100000 loan than 6.5% of a 350000 loan.

rates might be lower but the amounts these days are huge

Wages have more than doubled since then as well :stupid:

Who is the one that is going to explain the % difference between wages increases and mortgage increases to Byso?

Hey Byso do you have trouble breathing with your head stuck so far up your arse ??

Wake up and smell the roses buttwipe, Rudd is a little weed who has no idea except to snipe at the Govt.

But your Messiah little Johnny is far from perfect himself. the politics of division can only get you so far.

This Govt has done so many things wrong ethically, morally and by any other standards that anyone with half a brain and the ability to reason (as in NOT YOU sh!t for brains) can see it.

Having said that I still will not be voting labor, but I sure don't have to like what little Johnny feeds us, and i sure as hell don't have to believe it.

If that prick told us that the sky was pink you would believe it.

How do you like them apples Coksmoker??

That Fro, was a sensational spray, top shelf!

and here is the 2nd Ronnie, riding in as predictable as ever, which one are you, Barker or Corbett? if you are taller than Byso you should be Barker I guess :)

Hey Byso do you have trouble breathing with your head stuck so far up your arse ??

Wake up and smell the roses buttwipe, Rudd is a little weed who has no idea except to snipe at the Govt.

But your Messiah little Johnny is far from perfect himself. the politics of division can only get you so far.

This Govt has done so many things wrong ethically, morally and by any other standards that anyone with half a brain and the ability to reason (as in NOT YOU sh!t for brains) can see it.

Having said that I still will not be voting labor, but I sure don't have to like what little Johnny feeds us, and i sure as hell don't have to believe it.

If that prick told us that the sky was pink you would believe it.

How do you like them apples Coksmoker??

Well your previous comments show you know **** all, so eat **** dick head.

One of the most predictable comebacks from Byso we've seen though. Keep up the good work champ.

Ipswich is looking for a new member.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8