Integrity Unit

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Just wondering, and hoping someone here will know...

In light of the news NRL will get their 'Integrity Unit' to check out the Sam Burgess story: what is the Integrity Unit?

I don't recall ever hearing any names published of the people who make up the Unit. Have they ever been disclosed?
Do we know if they change year to year? How many of them are there?
What investigative qualifications do they have? Are they the same people who examine financial records in salary cap investigations?
What are their own backgrounds and records of ethical behaviour?

Maybe this information has always been readily available and I've just missed it? But having missed it, I'm left with the sinking feeling that the Integrity Unit is simply the NRL version of a Star Chamber, a secret body perfectly equipped to hide information as much as reveal it.

The allegations of cover-ups by Souths put the integrity of the entire NRL under the microscope to a degree rarely seen, so how about it Andrew Abdo, surely it's time for some refreshing transparency?

In light of the news NRL will get their 'Integrity Unit' to check out the Sam Burgess story: what is the Integrity Unit?

I don't recall ever hearing any names published of the people who make up the Unit. Have they ever been disclosed?
What investigative qualifications do they have? Are they the same people who examine financial records in salary cap investigations?

Maybe this information has always been readily available and I've just missed it? But having missed it, I'm left with the sinking feeling that the Integrity Unit is simply the NRL version of a Star Chamber, a secret body perfectly equipped to hide information as much as reveal it.

The allegations of cover-ups by Souths put the integrity of the entire NRL under the microscope to a degree rarely seen, so how about it Andrew Abdo, surely it's time for some refreshing transparency?
Good question .... under Turd Greenslime it had no integrity.
Lets hope PV & AA make sure it does now.

I think one of the recently retrenched NRL execs had the accountability for the ‘unit’. I have never heard of him (can’t remember his name now). Not sure who it reports into now.

In answer to your question I have no idea who or what is the integrity unit is - are they ex coppers or ASIO? Who knows

All I can find out about it (so far) is:

Division manager: Eleni North (risk, integrity and performance)

I'm confused as to when the Integrity Unit become involved in matters. I presume it is only when a club reports an incident. I'd suggest that 90% of misdemeanours by players are covered up by clubs -- as is the case with Burgess -- which is why the NRL's Integrity Unit has "never heard these claims before they were published in The Australian".
They would also get involved when the Police charge a player, such as the recent matter of Curtis Scott.
But do they get involved in the 'No-fault Stand-down" cases?
Have they investigated de Belin and The Blade Runner? And if not, why not?

HG and Roy recently advocated a new police squad of ex Player cops to investigate all league related crime.

so we’re talking sirro, Mal cochrane, Craig young, Phil Daley, John Jones, big donny, pat jarvis etc - to be given special investigative powers.

If they are revealed could they not be influenced?

to think that clubs aren’t influencing the NRL is kinda naive anyway.

that takes me back to square one!

Can’t really give the integrity unit much credit. IIRC when the sexting issue happened, souffs did their internal review and came up with ‘nothing to see here’ and the integrity unit and greenturd said ‘ok, all good, sam’s a legend’. About as much use as a chocolate teapot

I'm going to write to Eleni North and ask the question:
can you please clarify what the NRL Integrity Unit is? I understand Karyn Murphy is one person involved, but who else undertakes the work of the Integrity Unit? What are their qualifications, and what links, if any, do they have with other entities involved in the game of rugby league?

I'll add that "I know I’m not the only fan of the game who would be grateful for that information."

I'll let you all know if I get a reply :)
Also will cc Alex Alderson who the NRL site says is in charge of Fan Experience

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10