Injury Update

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Injury Update

A A
Glenn Stewart will be sidelined for up to 6 weeks after undergoing minor surgery on his ankle.

The lock forward injured his ankle in the early stages of the Sea Eagles 54-18 romp of the Raiders and left the field, but made a return in the latter stages of the game to see home the win.

Despite the setback, the club and coaching staff remain optimistic for an early return for the Clive Churchill medallist.

Sea Eagles skipper Jamie Lyon will also be missing against the Storm after injuring his knee just after halftime in the same match.

While the strain is only considered minor, it could potentially keep the Captain on the sidelines for a full 3 weeks.

Finally, after undergoing minor surgery on both knees after Round 4, young centre Tony Satini is expected to commence running again shortly before returning to full-training in the coming weeks.

http://www.seaeagles.com.au/team/injury-update.html

WTF - our backs are dropping like flies :(
I don't even recall Killer hurting himself before going off with 30 minutes to go.
Found it at 47:52 his knees buckle under a tackle in the SE corner:(

Hope Wolfie gets a go with Hiku moving to center :idea:

At least Gifty is less than was speculated :angel:

If you are going to be injured then this is a 'good' time, with a few byes over the next six weeks. He'll miss Storm, Knights and Boncos but six weeks brings him back for the Dogs. The following week is another bye, so he may wait eight weeks and get back for the Sharks.

Jamie is going to be much harder to replace. The logical replacement is Hiku with Blair or Wolfie on the wing, although Satini may also be under consideration.

At least Killer won't cop the usual crap for not playing SOO.
He can say he's unavailable due to injury.

The Who said:
If you are going to be injured then this is a 'good' time, with a few byes over the next six weeks. He'll miss Storm, Knights and Boncos but six weeks brings him back for the Dogs. The following week is another bye, so he may wait eight weeks and get back for the Sharks.

Jamie is going to be much harder to replace. The logical replacement is Hiku with Blair or Wolfie on the wing, although Satini may also be under consideration.

Likewise for killer. He gets a week of this week and then we have 2 games to the bye. So really he can rest for 4 weeks.

The storm game is going to be tough but I think we cab fight through the knights game.

Just noticed that Little-John, Gutherson and Trbojevic are not listed in the next NSW Cup side. Does this mean they are being held back for first grade against Melbourne? Or are Gutherson and Trbojevic out because of their rep commitments? Williams is listed to play full back for the NSW team and Symonds, if fit, is playing 5/8

Bearfax said:
Just noticed that Little-John, Gutherson and Trbojevic are not listed in the next NSW Cup side. Does this mean they are being held back for first grade against Melbourne? Or are Gutherson and Trbojevic out because of their rep commitments? Williams is listed to play full back for the NSW team and Symonds, if fit, is playing 5/8

Jake and Gutherson are in the U20 SOO match and Jack is part of the 1st grade squad for the next few weeks so has no reason to be playing NSW Cup. It'd be silly to risk an injury to him now anyway with Killer & Gift injured and Cherry not 100%.

I was also worried about Choc, as he went off on Sunday and didn't return. Nothing said about it so was hoping no news is good news.

However, in the Daily today Tooves says "Choc has a minor knee problem and he might miss a couple of weeks as well" (whilst commenting on Gifty's injury).

So it looks like no Foran, Gifty, Killer or Choc for the Storm game. Just hope our rep players get through this weekend unscathed!

Geez we are the walking wounded then @ALinda!

Choc had an elbow prob, now a knee too...

I know just about every club has significant injuries, but seeing our ''ageing roster'' is busted somewhat I am a little nervous going forward.

It is a good chance to flex our depth and see how some of these younger guys go...Just hope people here see that in perspective, against the Scum next, and through the rep season too.

RiverEagle said:
Geez we are the walking wounded then @ALinda!

Choc had an elbow prob, now a knee too...

I know just about every club has significant injuries, but seeing our ''ageing roster'' is busted somewhat I am a little nervous going forward.

It is a good chance to flex our depth and see how some of these younger guys go...Just hope people here see that in perspective, against the Scum next, and through the rep season too.

Thinking similarly. If the young guys play like Littlejohn did, then we'll hopefully be ok. Will definitely be less nervous after this weekend.

ALinda said:
I was also worried about Choc, as he went off on Sunday and didn't return. Nothing said about it so was hoping no news is good news.

However, in the Daily today Tooves says "Choc has a minor knee problem and he might miss a couple of weeks as well" (whilst commenting on Gifty's injury).

Believe it or not, the reporter got Jamie Lyon and Anthony Watmough mixed up :dodgy:

Geez what are the odds of that...lol!

Maybe Choc is a chance against the Scum...

We may really need his experience down there.

RiverEagle said:
Geez what are the odds of that...lol!

Maybe Choc is a chance against the Scum...

We may really need his experience down there.
G'day all,I know there has been a lot of angst over Glen Stewart of late but the real leader and the bloke who really we rely on to get us going is "The Hero" so hopefully he will be there.
cheers mike

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7