Injury Update: Snake out for five weeks

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Sea Eagles star fullback Brett Stewart will be out for at least a month after suffering a back injury in Manly's tight win over the Dragons on Monday night.

Read the full article

Snake's not a fast healer... let's hope it is "only" 5 weeks.

He's certainly copped a rough time these last 3-4 years....and funny how that little smart arse grub from Melbourne never gets injured (well almost never I know he missed a SOO last year)

He is unlikely to return early as stated he is a slow healer, i believe due to his diabetes.

Whoever replaces him will be there for a while so why not go Hiku who will have time to settle in nicely

hmm not good, especially when they mention 'similar to tontine williams' it has taken him ages to get back to any sort of decent form

He'll be better for it. Fresher and hopefully (for us) misses Origin. It's just a bit worrying since he normally leads with his back on kick returns to save the knees, poor blokes gonna have nothing to run back with.

Maybe a forearm ;)

It's going to be a tough month and a half.

No Snake
No King
No Richie
No Joe

And Gift is still a little underdone.

Manly are just saying that so he doesn't get picked for origin. One the soo team is set, brett'll be 'back' (no pun intended). Say 2-3 weeks.

The only bit I've seen of hiku was his game on the wing v sharks ?, he looked ok but a bit shaky definitely would worry me at fullback.
I don't know how Ben farrar has been going in nsw cup, but I would opt for him and keep Jorg on the wing with Matai, less changes less dramas.

As has been said before, Farrar is out injured. The Sea Eagles website lists his return as this week but he's not listed for NSW cup so I'd assume he's not back to full fitness yet. Hopefully he can get back soon and show form in NSW cup. It's been a long while since he's played in the NRL (2 seasons ago) so will be a tough ask for him to get into the top team soon. Others have said that he didn't show much in the trials this year so he might not be up to NRL standard anymore.

Hope they give hiku a run. Tonga reminded me of bani last week everytime anything came down his side. Hiku at fb and keep taufua on the wing for mine

You people have NFI.

Ballin will take on the FB duties whilst ever he is not dummy half in attack and front line in defense. Gosh, im surrounded by turkeys.

Well that explains the other rumor that George will be hooking and we will be contesting scrums again.

Gutherson should debut at fullback. Snake debuted at 18 so why not Clint.

I know he will be out for five weeks but Snake's injury doesn't sound too bad. After a couple of days he may be able to resume training without contact so he can keep his fitness up. The time off will be good for him.

Just adding on to what mickqld has said. Will Hopoate also performed extremely well at a very young age. He put most of the competition to shame and achieved more at the age of 18/19 than most players will ever achieve in their entire careers. Gutherson is the future and I'd like to see him get a few games this season to see what he has got.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6